Experience with HIDGuy.net - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #351
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Word is out on them among most of the bigger car forums, they have scammed enough ppl.

Problem is going to be for average joe finding them on a google search. And if average joe would just do due diligence by googling the shop something like "HIDGUY any good?" they'd find threads just like this one.

Also like I said if ppl are smart and use their CC and don't let HIDGUY string them along for months on end and get the bank's fraud dept involved it'll get resolved there too.

Karma is a *****.
You're right, they played me pretty good. They kept promising time and time again that they would ship but had delays and I believed them. I guess I learned my lesson, but I still don't want to let them steal $400. Screw them...

I'm continuing where Kustumb left off, let it begin again. If anyone wants to continue spreading the word on instagram/youtube/twitter, feel free to join in.

Looks like they switched their instagram account to private and they have to accept your follow request now, lol.

EDIT: Well that was impressively quick. I got a lengthy email from HID GUY. Lets see where this goes.
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
SangheiliSpecOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #352
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
^ get on Instagram and **** them with the images I posted on @mustanglink. They respond pretty quick. Make sure they know who you are on here and tell them through their messaging system.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Bbb won't do **** since they will likely just change their business name shortly after.

You should talk to your bank/PayPal and try to revoke.

Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:08 PM   #353
Registered Member
Regular

Bbb won't do **** since they will likely just change their business name shortly after.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Just create a new account and go.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #354

Region: Minnesota
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I stumbled across this thread last night. I am one of the google reviewers that left them the "ZERO STARS" feedback. I bought a HID kit for headlights and fogs on my 07 GT. They sent me the wrong wiring harness and once I questioned them on this I never heard back from them. Not very long after buying their kit 3/4 ballasts went out. I bought my kit back in July of 2013 and I've pretty much chalked it up to losing over $200.

BUT, every once in a blue moon, I do my part to protect buyers from buying from these pricks. I've posted several times on some other Mustang forums, and every now and then bash their youtube vids. I don't have IG but I feel I'm trying to do my best for helping out anyone down the road. It is just so sad but yet not surprising this shyt is still happening. Best to everyone involved and I will have this thread saved!
Stock Car Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #355
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I got a reply from Dante 2 weeks ago saying my parts were being made as he typed and id receive in a week.....
Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiight!

$500 beans down the can....
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Kustumb is right, spreading the word on instagram is the way to go. I didn't even have an instagram before this whole s**tstorm but it only takes a second to make new account, which is very useful because HIDGUY will instantly block you the second you starting spreading the truth. It only took me about 15 minutes, three accounts, and one vocal email before they sent me a reply email and changed the status of my $432 order to "refunded". This was exactly one month ago.

The name of the person who replied to me is Oscar. Apparently he is the "head of product development" and he apologized for my 7 months of waiting, saying that they were developing the turn signal housings but the LED strips they were using kept burning out so they had to develop their own. He even sent me some pics of the finished product saying that if I was willing to wait a little longer (lol?), then he would be able to get them out to me. Well I told him that I already had other LEDs on my Mustang at this point and I just wanted my money back. He agreed to talk to his accountant to get that set up for me in the form of a check. After a few delays, he confirmed for me on June 2nd that the check as shipped out, without tracking however. Well it is the 14th now, and I'm still waiting for it.

I've been emailing Oscar almost every other day and to be fair, he has been very good on replying to me and trying to get me taken care of. I could never recommend this company to anyone because of what I and many others have went through, but at least my check is on the way. I think. I'll keep everyone updated. Get on instagram!
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
Old 06-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #357
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangheiliSpecOp View Post
Kustumb is right, spreading the word on instagram is the way to go. I didn't even have an instagram before this whole s**tstorm but it only takes a second to make new account, which is very useful because HIDGUY will instantly block you the second you starting spreading the truth. It only took me about 15 minutes, three accounts, and one vocal email before they sent me a reply email and changed the status of my $432 order to "refunded". This was exactly one month ago.

The name of the person who replied to me is Oscar. Apparently he is the "head of product development" and he apologized for my 7 months of waiting, saying that they were developing the turn signal housings but the LED strips they were using kept burning out so they had to develop their own. He even sent me some pics of the finished product saying that if I was willing to wait a little longer (lol?), then he would be able to get them out to me. Well I told him that I already had other LEDs on my Mustang at this point and I just wanted my money back. He agreed to talk to his accountant to get that set up for me in the form of a check. After a few delays, he confirmed for me on June 2nd that the check as shipped out, without tracking however. Well it is the 14th now, and I'm still waiting for it.

I've been emailing Oscar almost every other day and to be fair, he has been very good on replying to me and trying to get me taken care of. I could never recommend this company to anyone because of what I and many others have went through, but at least my check is on the way. I think. I'll keep everyone updated. Get on instagram!
just a guess, but I don't think your check is on the way lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #358
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
just a guess, but I don't think your check is on the way lol

At this point, I don't know anymore. I've been emailing Oscar and he actually seems like a genuine guy and he has replied to everything I've thrown at him. He is insistent that my check has been mailed out and he said to wait at least 15 days for it for delays on USPS's part. He said this after I already waited almost 2 weeks for it in the mail, so thats like a month of waiting time lol. It also has no tracking either. So maybe it isn't on the way, but damn Oscar is one good liar then. I made sure to let him know that I would not be waiting for much longer before I blow up HIDGUY's instagram again.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #359
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
He's a good liar. Blow it up like crazy.

Again, for anyone reading this thread for the first time. Use a CREDIT card and do not wait to call your banks fraud dept. People like HIDguy will try to string you along long enough to where too much time has passed to file a claim.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #360
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol. In this case, your check ISn't in the mail.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #361
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

Again, for anyone reading this thread for the first time. Use a CREDIT card and do not wait to call your banks fraud dept. People like HIDguy will try to string you along long enough to where too much time has passed to file a claim.

So you would suggest to pay with a cc and not through paypal or use a cc with paypal

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #362
Staff
Regular
Staff

Pay with a CC directly if you can. If not then a CC with paypal. I NEVER use a funding source besides my CC when I use the criminals otherwise known as paypal. Sadly they are kind of the only game in town when it comes to buying on forums or ebay or a lot of vendors.

Paypal "buyer protection" is an absolute joke, good luck ever getting your money back if you go through them without using a credit card. If you have issues with a transaction using your CC you can get your bank involved. Its funny how quickly a sketchy seller will cough up your money or part when they get a phone call from a bank asking wtf.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:06 PM   #363
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Lol. In this case, your check ISn't in the mail.
I really torn at this point, despite all the waiting I've done, I'm tempted to just wait a little more for a check in the mail. Maybe I'm stupid but it really seems like he was legitimately trying to help me (unlike that other employee) and if the check really is in the mail then spamming and emailing won't do anything.

But maybe that's what Oscar want's me to think. He doesn't want to hear from me for 15 more days and when I don't get my check by then, what's he going to do about it? Probably the same BS. What USPS package takes a month of time to get to a location? And why no tracking number, which he promised he would get me? Maybe he's lying, maybe he isn't, but nothing adds up and it doesn't look good.

Maybe I just answered my own question lol
Old 06-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #364
Staff
Regular
Staff

He's lying. It does not take USPS this long to deliver it. If it did then its lost and he needs to send another check and send it certified mail. But he won't.

If you paid by CC call your bank tomorrow morning as soon as they open. Even if you paid with a debit card you can go through a smallish deal of paperwork. If you paid with a money order or a check or bank transfer... oof...

Old 06-14-2015, 09:54 PM   #365
Registered Member
Regular

C'mon man don't be scammed like that.... 30 days in the mail and you wanna wait because some guy typed some words to you and it sounded genuine? No offense but c'mon you can't be that gullible

Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #366
Staff
Regular
Staff

See people are not gullible in most cases like this... I think he knows he's been scammed but is just a nice guy who never had it happen before.

One needs to be a total prick when dealing with ppl like HIDguy unfortunately. I'd email him and tell him he can shove his "check" elbow deep in his *** and expect a phone call from your bank's fraud dept. Then proceed to blow up his social media.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #367
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
How about not buy from them at all. If you're in this thread you know what they will do so screw using a credit card. Just don't buy from them.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #368
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you are in this thread it is likely because you got screwed. If you do happen to be in this thread and read all this and still buy from them then I have no sympathy.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #369
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME 250$!!!
Really appreciate it!
demas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #370
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
So you would suggest to pay with a cc and not through paypal or use a cc with paypal

No, I suggest you take 1/2 the $ you would spend on lights and burn it. You'll keep warm at 1/2 the cost of new lights = win win The fire will help you see at night even more than lights that are being made as we speak!
Scottys stuff about CC only through pay pal is good, but DO NOT BUY FROM HID GUY !!!!!

Quote:
..........but at least my check is on the way.......
Now that was funny!
Old 06-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #371
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol at the burning half the money and keeping the other half and coming out ahead of HIDguy.

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about with HIDs. I got on the bandwagon a little bit but in doing so the side effect was learning a LOT about automotive lighting in general and realizing that you really have zero need for HIDs in a car. They look cool and upscale... You can get a halogen setup that is VERY bright and more than enough for anything you could need on the street even on a pitch black back road.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #372
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Lol at the burning half the money and keeping the other half and coming out ahead of HIDguy.

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about with HIDs. I got on the bandwagon a little bit but in doing so the side effect was learning a LOT about automotive lighting in general and realizing that you really have zero need for HIDs in a car. They look cool and upscale... You can get a halogen setup that is VERY bright and more than enough for anything you could need on the street even on a pitch black back road.
I agree with you that its useless to actually see but I'll never jump off the wagon cause it looks so cool aka rice 👍

Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 PM   #373
Staff
Regular
Staff

You can just buy projectors and put a real bright halogen in for the same look. 94-98 cars have the easiest way to do this. I wish DEPO made projectors for the 99-04. The Raxiom projectors are way too ricey.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #374
Registered Member
Regular

Hello everyone, I just thought I would swing by to do a quick update.

*gasp* My check actually arrived from HIDGUY.

Like I said before, I have been emailing Oscar (head of product development) at HIDGUY pretty much every other day and I never let up. He said that one of his employees dropped off the check in the mail on June 2nd but it had no tracking so I just had to take his word for it. It never arrived, and obviously given the BS excuses that I have gotten for who knows how many months now, I thought he was lying. Even now, I have my doubts that it was mailed out. Maybe he was telling the truth, but it didn't look good from my end at all. Anyways a bunch of excuses and a couple of weeks later, I got him to send me a check WITH a tracking number this time. The tracking didn't update for four days so again I thought that he was lying to me and sent him some rather angry emails, but he was pretty adamant that he sent it out.

Was this all just some more BS and was he trying to stall for more time? Did they just make a fake shipping label with no intent to actually mail me anything? It could have been possible, but then why go through all that effort and also reply to all of my emails when they could have just given me the run-around? That's why I was so torn on whether or not he was trying to help. Well eventually the tracking number did start updating and I finally finally FINALLY got my check in the mail yesterday for the amount of $432.94.
I deposited it with no problems and finally I could put all of this behind me.

Obviously I warn everyone to stay away from this company but at least now you know that it is possible to get a refund. From what I know, Dante is no longer working at HIDGUY; they were bought out and are under new management. Just like Kustumb said before: if they owe you money, try getting their attention on instagram and send them an email at the same time. They will likely reply if you keep at it and who knows, you might get your check a month later.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:30 PM   #375
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well hopefully you see the money actually stay in the account and not bounce out... I'm sure its money he got from the Ponzi scheme he is probably now running but as long as you got your monies I guess.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #376
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well hopefully you see the money actually stay in the account and not bounce out... I'm sure its money he got from the Ponzi scheme he is probably now running but as long as you got your monies I guess.
Heh heh yeah hopefully it will stay in there. He did help me but I had a bad feeling the whole time... it didn't have to take a month and there were a lot of excuses made. Also the check was written to say "four thirty-two" and not "four hundred and thirty two" so my bank gave me a little trouble because they thought the check could have been for four dollars and I could have written in the numerical $432. lol

For HIDGUY's sake, it better not bounce out. They will never stop hearing from me...
Old 07-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #377
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
cool.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #378
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Heh heh yeah hopefully it will stay in there. He did help me but I had a bad feeling the whole time... it didn't have to take a month and there were a lot of excuses made. Also the check was written to say "four thirty-two" and not "four hundred and thirty two" so my bank gave me a little trouble because they thought the check could have been for four dollars and I could have written in the numerical $432. lol

For HIDGUY's sake, it better not bounce out. They will never stop hearing from me...

Dude was either hoping your bank wouldn't take the check or... I dunno even the stupidest person I ever worked with who literally almost got himself killed multiple times (got kicked out of the AF) could write a check properly.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:23 AM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Damn he tried schooling you for a $4 check.... Better make sure that$ stays in there....

Old 07-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

I've only heard bad things about this "hidguy"
Hate it though, he gives the rest of us retrofit builders a bad name

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #381
Registered Member
Regular

Great work getting your money back.

I'm glad you guys followed up and we are doing a good job on helping people avoid HID GUY.

Regarding talk about them getting bought out - I call bull****.

Oscar has worked there from the start and Dante still states on his FB that he works at HIDGuy.

Likely Dante's name is quite tainted at this point and they wanted to put a new face for the company.

Regardless, there's enough evidence out there that they're a shady company that makes people wait. I agree with Scotty.

Use your CREDIT CARD only and be ready/mention that you're ready to get your bank involved.

Thanks for the support again.

PS. Lights are still working...surprisingly lol.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #382

Region: Kentucky
Definitely stay away from HIDGUY! Their customer service is absolutely ridiculous. I ordered several items from them months ago. I waited a week for any kind of shipment info to be emailed to me. After not hearing from them, I tried calling them several times at different times in the day with no response at all. I tried contacting them for days, then I get an email stating that they can split my order because they didn't have one of the pieces I ordered at the time. I agreed to this and received part of my order 2 weeks later. Let me also let it be known, their quality is sub-par. I could've assembled nicer led lights while chained to a car battery in a dark cave being threatened by terrorists to build the jerricho missle. Seriously, I expected such a better product than what I received. About 2 months went by and I hadn't heard anything from them, so I started with the phone calls again. I had to leave messages because they don't know how to answer the phone. They reply several days later via email. They tell me that they still don't have the product in and they can send me something else that doesn't even match the rest of my setup. I also complained to them about one of the led lights going out after having them installed for 1 week. They told me that it was probably my fault and that on the item I was waiting on, they still don't have. I didn't even reply. I just decided not to spend my hard earned money on the cutom headlights setup I was going to purchase from them. If they can't fulfill a simple led light order within a months time, I can only imagine how long my car would be sitting without it's headlights waiting on HIDGUY. I guess if I was SOMEBODY, I could count on them. I'm not risking sending my headlights in. I am looking for a new lighting company to make future purchases from.
RocStar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:25 PM   #383

Region: South Carolina
hid guy

I have had the same problem I sent them my raxioms on February and sent the info from ups to them so they could see the day that they would get them as well as spending 400 dollars on a colorshift halo and mini h1 projector retrofit. It's now mid July and they keep giving the same bull**** answer about we're backed uo and how my headlights got entered as stock (like they receive one pair of used headlights at a time for stock) and they will not reply. I have at least am doing legal small claims against them. Since they are technically breaking the law and doing theft by deception by offering something they cannot produce in the time promised and they hold a business liscense so therfore you can seek legal action against them. Their whole purpose is to make you wait so long that it's harder to get legal action done but I don't play that and that's as low down as a man could get is to steal a dollar from another hard working man by deceiving him. I've tried to get a refund and told them to keep my lights and they ignore that or say they cant. If I was more local I would go in there and walk to the back and grab it myself and am planning a trip now there to do that and vacation. If anybody lives locally and would like to make money to pick them up for me please let me know
alanfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:30 AM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanfowler View Post
I have had the same problem I sent them my raxioms on February and sent the info from ups to them so they could see the day that they would get them as well as spending 400 dollars on a colorshift halo and mini h1 projector retrofit. It's now mid July and they keep giving the same bull**** answer about we're backed uo and how my headlights got entered as stock (like they receive one pair of used headlights at a time for stock) and they will not reply. I have at least am doing legal small claims against them. Since they are technically breaking the law and doing theft by deception by offering something they cannot produce in the time promised and they hold a business liscense so therfore you can seek legal action against them. Their whole purpose is to make you wait so long that it's harder to get legal action done but I don't play that and that's as low down as a man could get is to steal a dollar from another hard working man by deceiving him. I've tried to get a refund and told them to keep my lights and they ignore that or say they cant. If I was more local I would go in there and walk to the back and grab it myself and am planning a trip now there to do that and vacation. If anybody lives locally and would like to make money to pick them up for me please let me know
Exactly. But people are so damn stupid and naive that they sit and wait forever to take action and end up screwing themselves. Some of them want those lights so bad that they'll wait years to get them and it's sad. People need to start taking action as soon as they don't get them by the set timeline. Especially if you sent in headlights because I have a feeling that they are stealing parts out of sent in hardware or modding them and selling them as their product. Notice they're only on time with big name people in the car scene. They know those people can destroy them so they make sure they're satisfied.

Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 AM   #385
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Exactly. But people are so damn stupid and naive that they sit and wait forever to take action and end up screwing themselves. Some of them want those lights so bad that they'll wait years to get them and it's sad. People need to start taking action as soon as they don't get them by the set timeline. Especially if you sent in headlights because I have a feeling that they are stealing parts out of sent in hardware or modding them and selling them as their product. Notice they're only on time with big name people in the car scene. They know those people can destroy them so they make sure they're satisfied.

Agreed. People wait too long and think they'll never get screwed on the internet because "it'll never happen to me" or they see all the pics of satisfied customers HIDguy has on his site.

Use a credit card, make sure you know the limits of your ability to chargeback and don't be afraid to take legal action.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion