Experience with HIDGuy.net - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #386
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
You have to have a law degree to be a successful hidguy customer. Or the popular kid. Otherwise you might as well find one of the other 99,000 people doing this and pay them to do it. Lol. Hidguy is lucky because a sucker IS born every minute.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #387

Region: South Carolina
[QUOTE=Devil Strider;2259618]

Yea I sent in my raxioms and now sone guy with a hundred followers has a pair and I dm'd to see how Long he has waited or if he sent those in and I can guarantee those are my headlights since apparently they got entered as stock. Honestly I may fly to California and go in there and if the cops get called maybe they can help I have all the proof of them lying and stealing over 700 dollars worth from me so maybe if anything I can make them scared to screw some people because I dont take lightly people stealing. If I could do more I honestly would but I have too much going for me to go to jail over a worthless person. I mean I've already done the small claims paperwork and they can serve him but it's still hard to make him pay out but my lawyer said he can get a lien on his business or wages it just takes longer but I am trying to hit them so hard they will be shut down
alanfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #388

Region: Washington
The Bottom Line

I don't own a Mustang - I found this thread while browsing about HID Guy - Google has a link in the first couple of hits so HID Guy's reputation is getting damaged in the bigger "forum" so to speak, Google Search.

Anyhow, being that I am an off-duty US DOT examiner, I've registered just to post the following thoughts, which are:

HID Guy, and he is not alone, is exposing himself to safety violations - subsequently Federal sanctions / civil and criminal liability. He (The Company) is, in essence, producing equipment that alters, or substitutes for OEM safety equipment that undergoes rigorous testing to ensure its survivability. The US DOT does not allow a car manufacturer to sell any vehicle that does not have substantial documentation detailing the many hours of testing required. Testing includes environmental stress tests, vibrational stress tests, voltage surge suppression tests; much more than I have room here to list. It is my unsubstantiated opinion that HID Guy, or a large number of safety-equipment retrofitters are able to provide near zero test data that would qualify as meeting any US DOT standard I could compare to.

Being that said, it only takes one serious injury, or even death resulting from a unusually failed component to bring the world down on HID Guy or any other retrofitter who dares risk the life of the Nation's public.

We at the US DOT take this most seriously, and are looking aggressively into companies that produce aftermarket replacement for safety devices including, but not limited to, headlights, taillights, side markers, off-road HID conversions marketed as road sufficient, and so on.

Maintain that I am only off-duty, and enjoyed this thread in more ways than most because it pertains to mine and others' jobs to keep the public safe on the roads of the Great United States of America.
Dunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #389
Registered Member

Regular

Experience with HIDGuy.net

^this is why companies say "off road use only" and it boils down to the end users decision to run them in an on road situation.

But if you are going to take down a retrofitter you can start with HIDGUY. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #390
Registered Member
Regular

HIDS are perfectly street legal, halos are perfectly street legal (as long as they arent blue, red or green)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #391
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackdahlia View Post
HIDS are perfectly street legal, halos are perfectly street legal (as long as they arent blue, red or green)

State laws may vary. A legit retrofit is fine. If some jackass is putting them in stock housings they deserve a fix it ticket and a fine.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #392
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
State laws may vary. A legit retrofit is fine. If some jackass is putting them in stock housings they deserve a fix it ticket and a fine.

Theres no difference between putting projectors in a stock housing vs have them come stock with the car
Other than you can put better quality projectors and parts if you do it aftermarket

theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #393
Registered Member

Regular

I feel like you two are talking about two different generations...
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #394
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackdahlia View Post
Theres no difference between putting projectors in a stock housing vs have them come stock with the car
Other than you can put better quality projectors and parts if you do it aftermarket

That's why I said a legit retrofit is fine.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #395

Region: Georgia
shocked

man i justordered a hid conversion kit from hidguy. this post put a knot in my stomach. .. i know i didnt order something custom but now im very unsettled. hope nothing goes wrong.
Droptopred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #396
Registered Member

Regular

I'd call my credit card co right now if I were you.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธVote Ox for July MOTM!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 07-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #397

like i see theyre customer service is bad but are the hid's good
?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #398
Staff
Regular
Staff

Their HIDs are not that good either. I'd cancel the order if you can. If not, well, if it looks like you are getting the run around, call your bank RIGHT AWAY and file a dispute. Don't fall for any promises this guy makes you or the runaround.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #399

you cant file a dispute with a bank unless its hard posted . i just made the purchase
. ill see what i can do about canceling. where/who do you suggest buying from?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #400
Registered Member

Regular

Why don't people Google these random companies?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #401

well i asked a friend , he suggested them i trust my friend we both own mustangs and try to help eachother out, i did some research and found this thread. dont go and bash me cuz im reaching out .
Old 07-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #402

but i laso have found threads where there are good review. just more bad then good so far.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:22 PM   #403
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Why don't people Google these random companies?
At the time that I ordered, this thread didn't exist, and I generally heard good things about HIDGUY. They also had a seemingly professional website and seemed legit. No one could have forseen how lame these guys would become.
SangheiliSpecOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:22 PM   #404

so my question is who would you suggest to buy from that has comparable prces.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #405
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah I know you original guys got screwed but now there should be plenty of info out there lol
Old 07-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #406

what do u want me to admit that my head is up my *** well there u go
Old 07-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #407

where should i buy , no one has suggested anything and 11 pages of thread is alot to look thru
Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #408
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptopred View Post
where should i buy , no one has suggested anything and 11 pages of thread is alot to look thru
I'm not too sure about where to buy HIDs. My car has lights from all over the place. Raxiom smoked headlights and foglights with halo rings from American Muscle, LED headlight and foglight bulbs/ballasts from Late Model Restoration, Trition V3 LED switchbacks from VLEDS, and more LEDs throughout the car from "super bright leds". I'm happy with how everything turned out. HIDGUY can eat it
Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #409
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
like i see theyre customer service is bad but are the hid's good
?
Lol it's funny because I just posted about this. Look at how naive this guy is to think it won't happen to him. He's going to sit and wait still even after seeing all the people got ripped off.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #410
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Lol it's funny because I just posted about this. Look at how naive this guy is to think it won't happen to him. He's going to sit and wait still even after seeing all the people got ripped off.

Lol yeah there is no customer service at all.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #411
Staff
Regular
Staff

My opinion (I'm pretty sure I've posted it in this thread before) is this:

If your car came with factory HIDs, leave them. They are almost always Philips 4300k bulbs which is THE highest quality bulb you can get and the brightest too.

If your car did not... find a very high quality halogen (Philips Xtreme Vision or OSRAM Night Breakers) and run those. The lights, if properly aimed and clear OEM housings, will put out more than enough light.

If you happen to have a 94-98 car, you can run a halogen that is almost as bright as an OEM HID because you can buy DEPO projectors and adapt snow plow bulbs (HIRs) to work in them.

Too many ppl waste way too much money just to put HIDs in their cars when a set of $40 bulbs can let them see just fine even in pitch black conditions. Put the $450 saved on rice lights into something to make your car actually go faster.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:02 PM   #412
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My opinion (I'm pretty sure I've posted it in this thread before) is this:

If your car came with factory HIDs, leave them. They are almost always Philips 4300k bulbs which is THE highest quality bulb you can get and the brightest too.

If your car did not... find a very high quality halogen (Philips Xtreme Vision or OSRAM Night Breakers) and run those. The lights, if properly aimed and clear OEM housings, will put out more than enough light.

If you happen to have a 94-98 car, you can run a halogen that is almost as bright as an OEM HID because you can buy DEPO projectors and adapt snow plow bulbs (HIRs) to work in them.

Too many ppl waste way too much money just to put HIDs in their cars when a set of $40 bulbs can let them see just fine even in pitch black conditions. Put the $450 saved on rice lights into something to make your car actually go faster.
But Scotty, think of the blue lights, the cool looking projector eyeball lenses, the exotic gases and elements, the technology! And they cost more, so obviously they perform better....
Old 07-24-2015, 02:43 AM   #413
Registered Member

Regular

I find it hard to believe that all of these Hondas with hids aren't pushing serious power because of them
Old 07-24-2015, 05:34 AM   #414
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Scotty, I would think you would be pushing HIDGuys products....since a number of customers don't get them there are fewer cars out there with setups you don't like.

another in my outside the box series
Old 07-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #415
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Scotty, I would think you would be pushing HIDGuys products....since a number of customers don't get them there are fewer cars out there with setups you don't like.

another in my outside the box series
Actually the ppl going to hidguy are trying to do it right by getting a retrofit and unfortunately there are a lot of ppl out there who do it on the side and will give a crap product or just do with hidguy is doing and just take their money.

For anyone wanting a real good retrofit, head over to the HIDplanet forums and bang around there.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:41 PM   #416
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually the ppl going to hidguy are trying to do it right by getting a retrofit and unfortunately there are a lot of ppl out there who do it on the side and will give a crap product or just do with hidguy is doing and just take their money.

For anyone wanting a real good retrofit, head over to the HIDplanet forums and bang around there.
Still doesn't change the fact that you a paying for something that you pretty much already have.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:05 PM   #417
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you mean bright headlights then yes. Some ppl just like the look of the HIDs or they have had bad luck with halogens or whatever reason. I personally think doing a full HID retrofit is a waste of money but if someone wants HIDs in their car and they want to do it the right way via a legit retrofit then its their car and their money. It just sucks that people really trying to do it right with a person like hidguy are getting shafted and the dude who puts a $40 DDM kit in his lights gets them in like a week and proceeds to blind everyone else in the oncoming lane.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #418

Well i got my package in 3 days, i called them they returned my call next day and replied to my emails within the hour. overall my customer service experience was great other then the fact you guys put a knot in my stomach, but what can i say, i didnt get screwed atleast.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #419
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well i got my package in 3 days, i called them they returned my call next day and replied to my emails within the hour. overall my customer service experience was great other then the fact you guys put a knot in my stomach, but what can i say, i didnt get screwed atleast.
He's probably still watching this thread.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #420

Region: Kentucky
He probably is. I didn't get my order filled til I posted negative HID guy stuff on here.
RocStar69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion