Experience with HIDGuy.net - Page 14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #456
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
Paypal has buyer protection. I've never had a problem getting money back from PayPal. The first thing they require from the seller is a tracking number. If that can't be provided, then the buyer should be reimbursed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lol, paypal buyer protection is an effing joke. If you've had good luck getting money back from them then you are the exception.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #457
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol, paypal buyer protection is an effing joke. If you've had good luck getting money back from them then you are the exception.

I've never had a problem getting money back from them, have done this multiple times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #458
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I've never had a problem getting money back from them, have done this multiple times as well.

I guess we are the exception.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 01:16 AM   #459
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So I just visited their website. Apparently they took down all the products and you cant buy anythings from the website anymore. Does anyone knows what's going on lol.
ttran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:02 AM   #460
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Yeah we lost our money...

I tried the paypal refund but stupid me put the claim in a couple of days after the 6 month payment anniversary. Got zip back. An expensive lesson...
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:42 AM   #461
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
You're crazy to wait 6 months anyway. Wow people are extremely naive. No one should want some lights that bad. If my product isn't moving after two weeks I'm calling and if I can't get my product or I get the run around I'm calling the bank or Paypal.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:52 AM   #462
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the constructive feedback Devil Strider.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:04 AM   #463
Registered Member
Regular

Not trying to be an *** but in this day and age most items are at your door in a week. This dude advertised on his site that items would ship in a few days I think. But when you order you get the bait and switch. Then he strings you along just enough to get you pass the max days to dispute it. I hope he gets his *** beat.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #464
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Not trying to be an *** but in this day and age most items are at your door in a week. This dude advertised on his site that items would ship in a few days I think. But when you order you get the bait and switch. Then he strings you along just enough to get you pass the max days to dispute it. I hope he gets his *** beat.

I've been saying this all thread. If it hasn't shipped within 2 weeks you start raising hell and by the 3rd week if it hasn't shipped you give an ultimatum and then contact your bank/paypal before the 30 day mark. If not then its your own damn fault that you got scammed.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #465
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I've been saying this all thread. If it hasn't shipped within 2 weeks you start raising hell and by the 3rd week if it hasn't shipped you give an ultimatum and then contact your bank/paypal before the 30 day mark. If not then its your own damn fault that you got scammed.
I can't believe people actually waited a year+ for this crap. Hell let alone six months.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #466

Region: Rhode Island
Decided I'd add myself to your list of people Scammed by this guy.

Ordered a Custom Silverado build from these guys and of course was strung along.
"We got tons of orders and just trying to catch up"
"The Halos are backordered"
"The Halos are being tested"
"The guys are finishing up and should be going out next week. check back with us in 2 weeks"

Well after reading this thread I now know that I am out a good chunk of change and lesson learned.

I've waited 6 months before for a Bumper and it wasn't a big deal to me. Small company out of TX and did great custom work. So a custom headlight build wasn't a concern about the wait at first.
Well lesson learned

Now to find a reputable company that can make me some headlights.
Generatorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #467
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
All I can say is to keep following up with HIDGUY to see whats new... I ended up getting my money back but thats because I wouldn't ever accept these ***holes taking my hard earned cash. I realize that it will be harder now if they actually did take down their Instagram (I haven't checked) but that also means they aren't bringing in more people to scam and hopefully someone is taking action against them.
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
SangheiliSpecOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #468
Staff
Regular
Staff

If someone hasn't taken action yet, eventually someone will.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #469
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante@HMS View Post
If every company gave a refund for customers that went on forums and posted bad reviews for a custom item. Then a lot of people would be in trouble and a lot of business would be in trouble.

But going on a forum and demanding a refund and having people that have nothing to do with a customers order isnt going to get you a refund or even get your build done faster.

Where this post goes, you ordered a custom item that you knew already when you changed your order you were going to wait. You are trying to back out of a custom item.

Your causing all this over something that is done. all i know is that these are done and waiting to be tested, packed and stirring up something that is already done.

If you want them then you gotta let us know. If you dont and your going to try to put a claim in then we can hand them off to the next customer waiting in line.

Thats it.

Sure the next customer has only waited 7 months and 29 days.
NEVER WILL ORDER ANYTHING FROM YOU! P*SS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #470

Lucky you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
They have confirmed my order is shipping out next week and told me that twisting their arm won't do anything.

Wrong.

Twisting their arm is what is making them ship (or say they will ship) next week. A customer shouldn't need to "twist arms".

The damage is already done HIDGUY - looking forward to the lights.

Thanks for the support M.E. community.

I ordered a set of custom headlights for my 05 F150, I spent over 500 and these guys over at hidguymodshop can't even get back to me. It's been 3 months now... No telling how long I'll be waiting. Sorry to post on a Mustang fourm but I haven't seen anyone talk about how s****y this company's customer service is on any f150 fourm

Texas Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:01 AM   #471

HidGuyModShop S***s

I contacted big commerce, the company HidGuyModShop uses to process their payments and let them know how they are stealing thousands of dollars from hard working people. I'm calling back Monday to see what actions are being taken. Those d**** at HMS got me for $500+.

0 CUSTOMER SERVICE

I doubt I'll ever see my order. Maybe I should fly to cali and raise some hell!
Texas Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:02 AM   #472
Registered Member
Regular

Nice one Texas Outlaw! Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #473
Staff
Regular
Staff

Wonder if that will do anything. Like I said tho, eventually someone with enough money/time/connections is going to get scammed and then bring down a legal world of pain onto these asshats. Just a matter of time and their uppance will come.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #474

Region: Pennsylvania
Preparing Legal Action

Good Afternoon / Evening-

My name is Steve Schatten, and like many of you a member of my family has been scammed by this company. Without the ability to contact the vendor through normal conventions, I am prepared to SUE him. What I want to know is if others want to join in. The larger the group, the more likely the results. Depending on the number of people involved, and the amounts - the options may differ between a filing in San Diego small claims court (up to $10,000) or a higher court.

I am not a lawyer, but I am prepared to handle the small claims action myself. If there is enough interest and money involved for a higher court and an attorney, that option may be presented.

I would like to know if anyone else wants to pursue legal action. I don't want the product, I don't want excuses - I want our $$$ back. If that means freezing his automotive registration and putting liens on his personal/business assets, I am ready to take that step.

If you want to join me in this adventure, all I ask is that you email me your Name, Phone Number and the amount you are seeking (Please limit the amount to the actual amount lost - we will go after punitive if possible). I will call you to get more details as we work together for JUSTICE...

To provide a little comfort that I am not a scam - you can look me up on Facebook, under my name, or on my website... Red Mustang Registry - any of my 7000 members will tell you I am a real person.

Sincerely,

Steve Schatten
President, Red Mustang Registry

steve@allredmustangs.com
saschatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #475
Registered Member

Regular

^oh boy, HIDGUY effed with the wrong guy. I bet if he knew you were the president of RMR you would have had your merchandise done and in your possession in a matter of a week or less.

By the way I saw your car at AM2015 (well actually it was at your guys meet the night before at the bar/restaurant us WMR guys crashed your party. Lol) and you have a very nice car.

Good luck with this!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:47 AM   #476
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got my parts but I would've loved to helped with this. Everyone better send their info there!

Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #477
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got my parts but I would've loved to helped with this. Everyone better send their info there!

Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #478
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol I almost want to buy something small for cheap and not get it so I can be part of this!

Not really... but still I will be watching this with great interest.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #479

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #480

Second Case Reported

I have received information about a second person who has been scammed by this person.

I really want to go after this person and based on ALL the comments on this thread, I expected more people who would want to get their money back and legal satisfaction.

Please get back to me ASAP.... I will be preparing the documents very soon and if I do not get more information - I will go through the small claims process with what I know..

Remember - all you need to do is send me your information and I will contact you. THIS IS NOT A SCAM.... I really will file for all of us..

Steve Schatten

Steve@allredmustangs.com
Old 10-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #481
Registered Member
Regular

Dang we should probably pm some of the guys on here, maybe they aren't getting email notifications like I wasn't. I surprisingly against all odds got my money back but I'll be following this.
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
Old 10-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #482

yeah i spent $800 and haven't got my order and i guess I'm not getting it at all.
Fordraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #483
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschatten View Post
I have received information about a second person who has been scammed by this person.

I really want to go after this person and based on ALL the comments on this thread, I expected more people who would want to get their money back and legal satisfaction.

Please get back to me ASAP.... I will be preparing the documents very soon and if I do not get more information - I will go through the small claims process with what I know..

Remember - all you need to do is send me your information and I will contact you. THIS IS NOT A SCAM.... I really will file for all of us..

Steve Schatten

Steve@allredmustangs.com
Hello Mr. Schatten, thank you for going through this process on behalf of everyone that was scammed by these ***holes.
It took a couple of hours, but I just went through the list of everyone that posted to this thread who were scammed and sent PMs about the situation. Hopefully they will send you their info. Most of them probably stopped following the thread and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordraptor View Post
yeah i spent $800 and haven't got my order and i guess I'm not getting it at all.
Yeah you're not going to get it from HIDGUY at this point. The phuckers. Send saschatten your info when you can.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #484

Region: Rhode Island
I wasn't getting the thread updates as well.

Thanks SangheiliSpecOp for the PM.

I just sent my info over to Steve as well. I'm out $710 on headlights for my Silverado.

Being that they have taken everything down from their Web site. I'm sure I won't be seeing product or cash from these punks.

Here to keeping hopes alive with Steve.

Thanks

DaveP
Generatorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #485
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Damn i stopped following this thread for a while. But **** is getting serious now. I'm interested. I won't be able to participate though since i haven't bought anything.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #486
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the PM Sangheili. I actually PM'd Mr Schatten the day his post went up last week. But I've not got a reply. Will try email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw View Post
I contacted big commerce, the company HidGuyModShop uses to process their payments and let them know how they are stealing thousands of dollars from hard working people. I'm calling back Monday to see what actions are being taken. Those d**** at HMS got me for $500+.

0 CUSTOMER SERVICE

I doubt I'll ever see my order. Maybe I should fly to cali and raise some hell!
I'm down if you are we should go in there and beat their ***
alanfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #488

Region: New York
Before I read reviews I ordered from hidguy or hms and spent over $1000 in a custom build and reading all this now I don't even know what to do more order was placed over 4 months ago and yes I have not been updated once about my order! I have emailed and called many times to not even get a reply..
Nicksiracuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksiracuse View Post
Before I read reviews I ordered from hidguy or hms and spent over $1000 in a custom build and reading all this now I don't even know what to do more order was placed over 4 months ago and yes I have not been updated once about my order! I have emailed and called many times to not even get a reply..
Damn they got you too then @nicksiracuse
alanfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #490

Region: New York
Like I don't even know what to do
Nicksiracuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion