Experience with HIDGuy.net - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
This is after a customer couldn't figure out how to get his exhaust on. No fault of them at all but yet they step up and deliver top notch customer service.
Take some notes hidguys

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425517256817.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	176690  
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
This is what the forum is all about.. Kudos to the op and for letting us aware how bad hid guy is. AM is top notch and would step up to the plate when needed or even goes out of there way to help out.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Funny how the lights are now available and ready to ship...I guess it was just a coincidence that this thread was born the same week his lights were. But I'm sure it wasn't because op exercised his right to free speech to educate us all on his experiences with this "company". But I'm sure he will believe it when he is actually holding them in his hands. Don't hold your breath bro. Let us know if you ever get them
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 07:32 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
It's just odd to me that a company would address the issue in a public forum and not be negotiable in their stance . Unless you're willing to go 100% satisfaction guarantee and do what it takes to make the customer happy, addressing it here is a bad idea. The approach that you'll get what you get when I give it to you is not often best practice to share here.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Thanks all, I'll post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

No kidding^ what really sucks is that op will prob be at a show or out and about and get a compliment on them along with the "where did you get those?" And he will be forced to say well I got them from xxxx and it was an act of congress followed by a don't even try to order these disclaimer. That's why I don't get why they wouldn't just perform the refund. You have already tarnished your name. Let it go, give him the refund and move on and try to do better by the customer. I work in retail so I just get fired up when I see crap like this.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:44 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

I'd settle for, it's been 4 months since you latest purchase, I will personally ensure you receive your product in a week or it'll be at a discounted price. Something to make OP happy other than, "it is what it is". Again, I'm sorry to hear about this OP. It really is tough to know who you're dealing with sometimes.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lol 8 months... wow... Don't care how nice these lights are, not worth the wait. If I want HIDs I'll buy something that comes with them or just run good halogens. Or retrofit myself with Morimoto stuff...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #44
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
this was/is an amazing thread in a train wreck type of way.....I would never buy something like these so I don't have a horse in the race but I gotta ask Mr. HID are you going to give OP a refund? Even if the answer is yes I'm thinking you and/or your company need a primer on basic customer service. I would wish you luck but unless you change your level of service/attitude I would prefer your company not to succeed.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said, this seems like a "company" that started out as a few guys doing a really good job on their cars/friend's cars and said "hey omg we can make monies doing this" and started selling the service online.

Seems like they either are complacent or just don't care and will take ppls money and have the attitude that "you'll get it when we are damn good and ready for you to get it". This happened to the pushrod M112 blower guy (joeystang or something) who basically just kept taking orders and it took about 6 months for ppl to realize they weren't going to get a product. That's just one example, there are others.

Anyway, not like there aren't PLENTY of other retrofitters out there that will do a great job for the same price and it won't take months to get the product. You just have to surf the right forums and check out the lighting sections or just join hidforums or whatever.

When I see someone do a retrofit in their garage on their first attempt with Morimoto stuff going slow and following directions in a weekend and these guys who are supposed "professionals" take MONTHS to ship out something... No. Excuses blaming their parts providers? Lmfao, no sorry if you gave a **** you'd find a new provider for parts to make your lights. "Custom made", yeah a lot of things are custom made, it doesn't take 8 months.

And directly to "HIDGuy". I do hope you realize how serious fraud is and how you could EASILY be getting yourself into a big legal problem if you keep these sorts of practices up. Banks do not look kindly on you when they see a reversed charge and their investigation shows that the vendor is at fault and now they need to go after said vendor for what they are owed.

I know for damn sure if I was the OP I would have reversed the charge on your *** a long time ago when it was still possible. Not everyone will wait long enough for you to be out of the time period when the charges can be reversed and if you keep this sort of **** up... well expect to start getting letters from legal offices.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

This is the last contact. I'm expecting a shipped notice and a tracking number sometime next week. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1425575288.446720.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	176727

Again, thanks all.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #47
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
make sure you save a copy of your receipt for wtty work!

poor impulse control.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Lol hopefully they don't get "damaged during shipment". Nothing $20 work of vinyl can't solve on the stock ones. Good luck on your product and thanks for the heads up on a company that does not value their customers.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The Hid guy will probably reading this thread and be like.....

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425576616342.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	176731  
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
This is the last contact. I'm expecting a shipped notice and a tracking number sometime next week. Attachment 176727

Again, thanks all.

Wow asshats.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante@HMS View Post
If every company gave a refund for customers that went on forums and posted bad reviews for a custom item. Then a lot of people would be in trouble and a lot of business would be in trouble.

But going on a forum and demanding a refund and having people that have nothing to do with a customers order isnt going to get you a refund or even get your build done faster.

Where this post goes, you ordered a custom item that you knew already when you changed your order you were going to wait. You are trying to back out of a custom item.

Your causing all this over something that is done. all i know is that these are done and waiting to be tested, packed and stirring up something that is already done.

If you want them then you gotta let us know. If you dont and your going to try to put a claim in then we can hand them off to the next customer waiting in line.

Thats it.
This is a VERY important message. Everyone read it... Now just try (without laughing) to imagine it is American Muscle. ROFL...
If everyone was as good to and for their customers as American Muscle the world would be a better place. They would bend over backwards to make this right if it were them.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #52

Region: Arkansas
Wow this sounds like the guy is saying my problems are your problems so just suck it up and wait till we can work it our problems out. That doesn't sound like a company that wants to be in business. I hate waiting myself but come on 8 months and nothing is kinda crazy. If your having production problems then you really should put a hold on letting people buy them and at least give people a choice on a refund or waiting or some kind of discount. I have to say I'll have to steer clear of this business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nathan.kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Hey y'all,

Guess what today is? ITS FRIDAY!

Guess what that means? It's the deadline of my items to be shipped?

Are they shipped? NOPE!

Has there been any contact? NOPE!

Another weekend without smoked/led marker lights has gone by.

Here comes month number 9 lol.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Awe snap! That's just horrible!

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

We all should start this business lol. Get people's money and do nothing.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

^ #entreprenuerinmaking

Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

^ #entreprenuerinmaking

Old 03-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Please start sending me your money now.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Time to blast them further, put this on every media outlet and forum possible.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Please start sending me your money now.
Sorry we accepted too many orders for production. You can now wait for an undisclosed amount of time while I ignore you.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Bahahahha! I'll send these to you "somtime".
Old 03-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

But rest assured the quality is 1,000,000x better than the other guy.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I can't judge quality of I don't get the item.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Oh I know. I was being sarcastic since that's his excuse for taking a year to make them
Old 03-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #64
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said, same thing that happened to Joeystang and the M112 kit for pushrods... made a great product, made it for a few forum ppl, decided to take a bunch of orders there was no way of filling in a reasonable amount of time and then just spent the money anyway and never delivered...

One can only hope that the OP's lights are here soon and are as advertised. Still is no excuse for the ****ty business practices and HIDguy will go under if it keeps up.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular

^he is never getting those lights. I'm rooting for him but I'm willing to bet he never sees them
Old 03-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #66
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^he is never getting those lights. I'm rooting for him but I'm willing to bet he never sees them
Like I said I would have filed a fraud report with my bank long ago. Funny how fast you can see movement from a company when they have a bank on the phone asking wtf.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I've only put this post up in this forum, and I'm a member of about 5 more. I'm sure they'll want to avoid that.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you don't get those lights... spam the **** out of all those forums and for sure contact your bank and see what your options are. Like I said, it really is amazing how fast **** gets done when a company gets a call from a bank's fraud dept.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #69
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
HID Guy does good work but if you aren't a big name or high value person you will be put to the bottom of the list.

The most famous GT500 on Instagram (Scofield) uses all HID Guy stuff, but he is a big name so they make his stuff first.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

That's lame for a company to do IMO. I can understand doing this before an item goes for sale to the "public". They should treat every customer the same.

It kinda sounds like they grew too fast or discovered a problem with this product. I think it would be a good business practice in this case to give the person their money back. I think it would actually be a plus rather than a negative in an overall sense of this type of problem.

IG: @azurebluemach
Old 03-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

****ty thing is the guy responsible (Dante_HMS) got an account here JUST to respond to this thread.

So I'm sure he's subscribed and I'm sure he's getting all these emails.

I would've hoped he'd given us a reason by now for YET ANOTHER delay.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion