Experience with HIDGuy.net - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What embarrassing customer service. One can only hope they go out of business over something like this. If you make a mistake, make amends. Providing the same answers and excuses repeatedly will get you no where. And he may think one customer doesn't matter, but word spreads pretty quickly. I for one, will not purchase jack **** from this company, and I will also spread the word to my local club to avoid them like the plague. All this over a simple refund too, especially considering they were in the wrong. Oh well, hopefully they learn the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #72
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I feel like chanting Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I was literally thinking about buying the HID fog light conversion from you guys but after seeing how poorly you treated this customer I think I'll take my business elsewhere. Plus I don't want to end up waiting 9 months for them to get shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #74
Registered Member

Regular

I'll make you one brother, I am now in the biz! Lol. Send money now. I'll get them out to you, about.......... never!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just sent them a message:

"If you're not shipping my order by this week, I want the money back.

I'm tired of waiting but I'm even more so tired of your non-response.

I'll also be filing a claim, chatting with the Better Business Bureau, and posting on other forums to spread the message - what you're doing/what you've done is not even in the realm of "reasonable".

I don't think you realize how much business you've lost just by the way you've behaved on M.E..

Word of mouth, honesty, and customer service is the lifeline in this industry."
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Welp HIDguy will never receive my business, and I just told all my car friends about this and sent them the thread. What a crappy business, and a crappy way to treat people. The guy just came on here and literally made sure he would never get the business of countless people.
Call your bank OP.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #77
Staff
Regular
Staff

I really hope you used a credit card... Also if you paid with PayPal, don't even bother filing a claim with them, go straight to your banks fraud dept.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

https://odrcomplaint.bbb.org/odrweb/...CVlFg5q4V8ZkMg
Old 03-16-2015, 05:49 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Time to order 300 pizzas to your address!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Experience with HIDGuy.net

Everyone's welcome to visit! Let's have a show!!

Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #81
Staff
Regular
Staff

Just FYI, the BBB can't really do jack **** except maybe protect a future buyer who cares enough to check. Call your bank's fraud dept if you haven't already.

If you sent a money order... well then I guess consider this a lesson learned. Hopefully you at least used paypal so there is a record.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I've already talked to all the involved parties (except for HID who won't return my calls), should get the money back soon.

Thanks guys!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Last update.

" HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop) Said:

Hello Omer,
Apologizes for the lack in communication, You had messaged us on the weekend and we are closed on the weekend unfortunately. We had packed your items and got them ready to go, but with the volume that we are experiencing at the moment with emails and tracking updates, it has been very difficult to get back to everyone right away.

We did agree to ship out your bumper lights on Friday, but as explained above the volume had set us back. They were planned to be updated with tracking today and leaving tomorrow morning. But since we have seen that you have filed a complaint and keep adding to the current situation, we are more than happy to make right and just decided to cancel your order and cut ties. As it seems, that no matter the quality of the product we send and how fast we get them to you, you may not be happy either way. As much as the lights were already packaged and leaving, we would rather provide the items to another customer who has been happily waiting for them.

We will send a check this week in the mail and you should have it within 6-10 business days.

Thank you for your time and have a great evening.

The HMS Team."

This sounds like BS to me but I'll let you guys know if I get the cheque.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #84
Registered Member

Regular

Bahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #85
Registered Member

Regular

So they are obviously following the thread. HID guy, I've been on this forum for a long time now and I honestly have only seen a few companies act and treat customers with less value than you have the OP. I'm sorry OP. Some people do not need to be running businesses. Some people should not be allowed to deal with the public. There's no product that good.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #86
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
It's so sad. He holds them hostage (as if they actually exist). He said the same thing weeks ago when he said he was going to ship them. They are packaged and ready to go.

But we are so busy that we can't manage to buy a packing label online and allow the mailman to take them the next day. That's really hard to do. Don't you understand?

Hahaha. He thinks he is going to make you regret your actions.

NOW you get to wait for that "check"to hit the mail. Can't ship an item he's had packaged and ready to go but now you can wait by the mail box for your check.

Dude what a freaking joke.

HIDGUY YOU SUCK. No one is happily waiting for anything from you. They are all unhappy as you fail to deliver your "quality product" in a timely manner with quality customer service.

I have better customer service on my Ebay store then you have in your "business"
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looks like they haven't improved... This thread was from 2012...
Don't Order HID's From HIDguy.net - Ford Mustang Forums
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #88
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Let's hope that check actually shows up

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #89
Staff
Regular
Staff

I wouldn't hold my breath. Also, wow what an asshat trying to make the OP feel like he wasn't willing to work with them/feel bad.

Hey jerks (HIDguy), you take this long to ship something, no **** the person you are screwing over is going to post negative stuff all over the internet. And this guy was a LOT more tolerant than some... damn well sure that if it was me I would have reversed the charge on my CC a long time ago.

If this is indeed your business practice I can imagine the OP is not the only one. You would not be the first person to have the police show up at your place of business or home to discuss fraud charges from internet dealings (or lack thereof).

Old 03-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #90
Registered Member

Wow, and my customers get upset if I dont have their jobs delivered in 3 days! If I had the approach this HIDguy has, I'd be looking for a job. I'm glad I saw this, one less vendor to even bother looking at what they sell.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:36 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
^Lol

Wow. Terrible service from HIDGUY. As I was reading the thread I actually thought the OP would get his product in the end but that didn't happen; I know I wouldn't be this patient (and I'm patient enough) to wait this long to get something custom made no matter the quality. This "company" will be losing a lot of business after this. Maybe AM should give them some customer service lessons...and throw in some shirts? Lol. You can count on me that I'll be spreading the word around about HIDGUY.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #92
Staff
Regular
Staff

He isn't getting the product now for sure and I have my doubts as to them sending a check.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:23 AM   #93
Registered Member

Just reading his responses here and in the emails, to his customer, shows his lack of business etiquette, and should serve as a warning to all what you might have to deal with. I could only imagine, if any of the other popular vendors, followed this HIDguy's protocol, I've dealt with American Muscle, and even for the most minor errors, or discrepancies, they've handled themselves with extreme attention to customer satisfaction, with me and reading others experiences. I don't think this HIDguy will be around much longer. I would be sure to extend this experience on all forms of social networks,including all forums.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #94
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I
...........He thinks he is going to make you regret your actions..................
I'm sure OP has regretted his ordering for a long time.

OP did you CC this I wonder if it's too late to put a hold on it. I'd be calling up Visa if I did.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

If you look at their insta it's all people saying "hey been waiting on an email back been waiting on a call for weeks" etc. I'm sure they are giving a lot of people the run around ....
It really is a shame someone would run a business in this manner...

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If you look at their insta it's all people saying "hey been waiting on an email back been waiting on a call for weeks" etc. I'm sure they are giving a lot of people the run around ....
It really is a shame someone would run a business in this manner...

Your back!?! Haven't seen you on here in a while man.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

I'm waiting for them to mail the cheque. I asked them to send me a pic prior to mailing.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:36 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Don't think you'll be getting that check lol

Old 03-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
They will probably charge you a 50 dollar restocking fee.
2007 Torch Red Mustang GT, Parchment Leather, Saleen Supercharger, SCT X-Cal Programmer,brenspeed.com tunes, Tuned by X-Act Dyno (Tempe, Az) 425rwhp, 4:10 Gears, Axel-back MAC exhaust, Dashhawk OBD-II Computer Monitoring System, Sequential Tail Lights, Halo Driving Lights, Eagle Eye Headlights with 6000K HID's, Clear Turn Signal Lenses, Projector Switchback Bulbs, Painted White LeMans Style Stripes, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Billet hood pins, Pirelli P-Zero P255 40 ZR19 wheels mounted on 2014 Mustang GT Wheels
Badinuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Lol have some optimism guys! I doubt they'd like to push EVEN MORE buttons.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:27 PM   #101
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Lol have some optimism guys! I doubt they'd like to push EVEN MORE buttons.

Oh ye of little faith.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badinuf View Post
They will probably charge you a 50 dollar restocking fee.
Yeah I wouldnt doubt they wouldnt
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

New update. Still no cheque. Communication through a OUIJA board would be easier.

HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop) Said:

Hello Omer,
Apologizes for the lack in communication, You had messaged us on the weekend and we are closed on the weekend unfortunately. We had packed your items and got them ready to go, but with the volume that we are experiencing at the moment with emails and tracking updates, it has been very difficult to get back to everyone right away.

We did agree to ship out your bumper lights on Friday, but as explained above the volume had set us back. They were planned to be updated with tracking today and leaving tomorrow morning. But since we have seen that you have filed a complaint and keep adding to the current situation, we are more than happy to make right and just decided to cancel your order and cut ties. As it seems, that no matter the quality of the product we send and how fast we get them to you, you may not be happy either way. As much as the lights were already packaged and leaving, we would rather provide the items to another customer who has been happily waiting for them.

We will send a check this week in the mail and you should have it within 6-10 business days.

Thank you for your time and have a great evening.

The HMS Team.
ORDER STATUS
16th Mar 2015 @ 4:27 PM

You Said:

Thanks.

Looking forward to the cheque.

If you could get a tracking number for the cheque it would be awesome. If not, that's fine too - please let me know when you mail it.

ORDER STATUS
17th Mar 2015 @ 10:44 AM

You Said:

Would you mind sending a picture of the cheque to my email prior to mailing it?

Thanks!
RE: ORDER STATUS
18th Mar 2015 @ 2:53 PM

Hello Omer,
Unfortunately they do not take photos of the checks before they send them. They will provide you with tracking information and your check will be sent out via priority mail for faster delivery.

Thank You
- Dante
ORDER STATUS
18th Mar 2015 @ 3:41 PM

You Said:

I appreciate it. Looking forward to the tracking information.

Omer
ORDER STATUS
18th Mar 2015 @ 3:41 PM

You Said:

I appreciate it. Looking forward to the tracking information.

Omer
ORDER STATUS
19th Mar 2015 @ 11:37 AM

You Said:

It's Thursday now, are you for sure you're sending the check?

And what is the amount?
19th Mar 2015 @ 11:43 AM

Omer,
The previous messages to you said Friday. We handle refunds on Friday. As soon as it leaves we will give you tracking.

Thank you
- Dante
ORDER STATUS
20th Mar 2015 @ 1:20 PM

You Said:

Still don't have shipping information.
20th Mar 2015 @ 4:29 PM

Omer,
Let me see If I can get tracking information for you. I do not think it left thought as the manager came in late today and the mail pick up already came. I can see if its still here and maybe drop it off tonight for you or tomorrow in the mail.

Thanks
- Dante
ORDER STATUS
20th Mar 2015 @ 4:49 PM

You Said:

If you have it with you, I'd like to get a picture of it. What is the amount?
ORDER
23rd Mar 2015 @ 10:16 AM

You Said:

Update?
ORDER STATUS
24th Mar 2015 @ 10:09 AM

You Said:

How long does it take to mail a check??

I'm calling the BBB.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #104
Staff
Regular
Staff

This, good sirrah, is what we call the "run around".

Old 03-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Wow this is so ridiculous . Straight up lying to you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion