Experience with HIDGuy.net - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Calm now.

Lawyer is already in play. The additional people that have stepped forward has definitely made this case easier and larger.

I'm still surprised HIDGUY is willing to let this go so far. It's ridiculous. Even if they change the business name, this will follow them as people and won't be limited to their business name or whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
It goes to show what kind of people we are dealing with....

Keep us posted!
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
SangheiliSpecOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #212
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm glad you guys finally got the court system involved. Courts are not always people's favorites but in this case, it's the right thing. I hope you guys get compensation for time and energy put into pursuit of your parts.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You should just spam the hell out of his insta with a link to this thread. Make a phony account sense im sure he will delete/block you after you post it. Or just post in the middle of the night so it will be up for longer. I live in Cali but unfortunately it's 9 hours away from me or else I'd go see what's up with this bastard. Nothing pisses me off more than getting the run around Id definitely would have lost it by now if I were you so props to you.
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I almost bought some lights from this guy around the time OP did. Definitely will not now. Thanks for the heads up.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:27 AM   #215

Region: Texas
Hey guys,

I'm not even a mustang owner but I made a account just to watch what happens to these a$& h@&$s,

My lights from hidguy just died a few days ago they lasted about a year. It came to fault the harness melted a wire and what not, anyways to make a long story short I wrote to hidguy to see what can be done about this since they have life time warranty and what not, plus I figuered they should have excellent customer service lol I got this from

From Dante@hidguy

""Ouch, water can do that to those older harnesses for sure! But it just sounds like an harness issue, the rest of the kit can be saved, all you would have to do is purchase a new GEN 6 harness and you'll be back in business.

HIDGuy Bi-xenon Harness - H13 (9008) - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop)

Be sure to add the molex connections do you can salvage the high low function. These new harness are bad ***, as you can probably tell by the photos.

If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you ""

- From me

"Alright thanks,
so what exactly will the molex connections do?"

- Dante@hidguy

"It's an extra harness that converts our new harness connections to the smaller square connection that hooks up to the high beams. Without it for the older kits you won't be able to hook them up to the high beams."
Ayalafit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 AM   #216

check out this great customer service! lol

I SAID:
HIDGUY,
First off let me start by saying you guys do amazing work and I have nothing but positive comments on all of your products!
you guys have a great team together!
I purchased my Hid kit from you guys about a year ago, Since I have had your kit I have never had any problems with flickering or anything. One time, one of the hid's appeared to be bluer then the other but I think it went away on its own. Anyways, I was getting ready to leave work yesterday morning at 5AM (graveyard shift) and when I came to turn on my headlights, boom nothing! all my parking lights came on and ect... but headlights were completely out, so I popped the hood looked at a few wires and found the positive red wire that goes from the cable controller to the positive terminal was completely melted were the inline fuse was. So to try to get home, I cut were the fuse was and tied the wires together, still no luck. I continued to follow the wires on the harness and found nothing! I checked all my fuse boxes and everything was fine. I then came to a conclusion that it could maybe be the Cable controller on the harness, I took It off and saw that it somehow got moisture inside there, I hit it against my hands a few times and felt some water coming out, Also something inside Is loose moving around when you shake It. I sprayed compressed air inside there for a few minuets to try and dry it up just so i can get home. Well then i got nothing but one light flickering and the other completely dead. In conclusion i had to leave my truck at work and got a ride home, Today when i got a ride back to work i popped in the old headlights in and they worked. I know this kit has lifetime warranty so I want to know what y'all can do to help me out, i remember buying this kit for around $130 and i know your lights and kits are quality, that's why my business is with your company and will remain, never will I buy a cheap kit off eBay or something!
Please get back to me A.S.A.P! my original headlights suck! lol
Will include pictures of the wires and kit!!
Vehicle: 2005 ford F-250 6.0 Power stroke

DANTE@HIDGUY SAYS:
Ouch, water can do that to those older harnesses for sure! But it just sounds like an harness issue, the rest of the kit can be saved, all you would have to do is purchase a new GEN 6 harness and you'll be back in business.
HIDGuy Bi-xenon Harness - H13 (9008) - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop)
Be sure to add the molex connections do you can salvage the high low function. These new harness are bad ***, as you can probably tell by the photos.
If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you

I SAID:
"Alright I'll look into it. So the lifetime warranty does not cover anything on my lights?"

DANTE@HIDGUY SAYS:
"Covers bulbs and ballast. The harnessing it only covers it for a certain time period."

I SAID:
"Alright, well is there a way I could receive a good discount on what I need? I mean I'm already at least $130 dollars in the hole with your products and my lights only lasted a year, I have friends that have those cheap kits and there still shining away..
Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks."

DANTE@HIDGUY SAYS:
"It happens unfortunately, I've heard horror stories about cheaper kits as well. I can send you one of the old harnesses but it's a one time replacement as a courtesy. Can't tell you how long that harness will last or if you have the same problem. Just an option for you."

I SAID:
"Alright, I guess that will do'

Found this form and decided f*** these guys!

I SAID:

"Dante,
You know what, go ahead and keep that "old harness" I will probably never receive it anyways. You and your company do not know how to satisfy the customer, a decent discount on a new harness was all I was looking for in reality, you can add my name to the list of all the other customers you have already lost because "it happens unfortunately" just like you told me!
Sent with no respect,
- Adrian
Old 04-07-2015, 06:47 AM   #217
Registered Member

Regular

Geez. The bad business continues.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:59 AM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Ha, sounds like he just made up that warranty.

"Oh yes, we cover everything except the part that went out on you, too bad."

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:10 AM   #219
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Their "lifetime warranty" sounds about as good as the one you get from DDM lol.

All this trouble for HID kits... especially on cars that really don't need them. A base model Mustang (and most new cars) these days with a good halogen bulb is MORE than bright enough but I know ppl want the look. At least you guys were all trying to do the right thing and get a retrofit vs blinding everyone else on the road with a $30 kit in a stock housing (which is illegal btw).

Anyway, I'm interested to see what their reaction is when the lawyer actually sends them a letter that actually will effect them financially/criminally. Has he/she sent out such a piece of paper/email yet?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:22 AM   #220

so were can i get a decent set of reliable HID'S? LOL
Old 04-08-2015, 06:00 AM   #221
Staff
Regular
Staff

Get on www.hidplanet.com and bang around in there. Or just put the stock housings back in and run a real good halogen. NOT USDM Silverstars...

For other retrofitters, The Retrofit Source is a big one, they have a subforum on there. Black Flame Customs (facebook them) is another one I hear good things about. Check out the vendor feedback area forum on HIDplanet and see who is getting good reviews currently.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:31 AM   #222

Thanks alot!
You guys are awesome!!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #223
Registered Member

Regular

Scotty really does know lol. Don't let him fool you.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Get on www.hidplanet.com and bang around in there. Or just put the stock housings back in and run a real good halogen. NOT USDM Silverstars...

For other retrofitters, The Retrofit Source is a big one, they have a subforum on there. Black Flame Customs (facebook them) is another one I hear good things about. Check out the vendor feedback area forum on HIDplanet and see who is getting good reviews currently.
The third option (and the route I am going) is to buy LED bulbs/ballasts. They are bright, have a nice color and they are reliable! At least from what I read... lol I'll just stay away from HIDGUY and I should be fine. I'm going to run LEDs in combination with American Muscle's smoked halo foglights and headlights for my 08. Hopefully the bulbs are short and won't touch the little reflector cone inside the headlight housings...
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #225
Staff
Regular
Staff

Just FYI, stay away from ANY bulbs that have a blue tint on them. The blue tint is why the USDM silverstars are actually dimmer than a good OEM bulb although the bulbs often fool people into thinking they are brighter because the light is whiter. Try a set of Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs out if you want to legit see better with halogens.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #226

Region: Europe
Im reading this thread and my heart is sinking! Ive spent $960 with these guys on Feb 7th. I initialy had a couple of emails from Dante saying they were dealing with back order, then they had to get Ballast in. My order then changed to "pending" and after numerous emails and phone messages, no response!
Whats worse is Im in the U.K.
Can anyone comment on what kind of legal action people can take in the U.S. against companies like this. Its daylight robbery!

Edit: Ive paid via Pay Pal and see the business listed as:

Business name:
Racso Companies LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified)Email:
info@racsocompanies.com
I am trying to resolve through this address first before taking it further to PayPal.
Otterbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterbee View Post
Im reading this thread and my heart is sinking! Ive spent $960 with these guys on Feb 7th. I initialy had a couple of emails from Dante saying they were dealing with back order, then they had to get Ballast in. My order then changed to "pending" and after numerous emails and phone messages, no response!
Whats worse is Im in the U.K.
Can anyone comment on what kind of legal action people can take in the U.S. against companies like this. Its daylight robbery!

Edit: Ive paid via Pay Pal and see the business listed as:

Business name:
Racso Companies LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified)Email:
info@racsocompanies.com
I am trying to resolve through this address first before taking it further to PayPal.
Just go straight to Paypal before it is too late. You won't get anything resolved through their personal email. I would advise you to start RIGHT NOW!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #228
Registered Member

Regular

Oh jeez. I'm so sorry to hear about your ordering from them. The advice above is perfect for you. I'd be emailing PayPal right now.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #229
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Just go straight to Paypal before it is too late. You won't get anything resolved through their personal email. I would advise you to start RIGHT NOW!
Paypal will only give him back $175 if he didn't buy extra insurance through them. They are completely worthless. I'm not sure how the banks work in the UK but my advice is to contact the bank IMMEDIATELY like TOMORROW MORNING FIRST THING and talk to their fraud department. If the paypal transaction was done using a credit card (credit not debit) then the bank can often reverse the charge on the CC if you prove that you bought something and did not receive the product promised. If you did use a debit card... you're going to have to go through a lot more asspain but you can still get the charge reversed. Not sure about a bank transfer.

Unfortunately, HIDguy is not the only one who does/has done this sort of thing... I learned a long time ago that you can't be nice to businesses like this. Hope for the best but if anything starts to just not feel right, give them an ultimatum letting them know you are getting the bank involved and if they don't provide a tracking number within a few days and if they don't then actually get the bank involved.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:18 AM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
bummer, i was looking into them for a possible retrofit...

usually when a thread like this surfaces the vender will try to get there **** together to save face... hopefully they can take care of all the issues

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:40 AM   #231
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
remember when using PayPal to make the extra clicks to use a CC rather than your checking account for added consumer protection........

Dante, what do you tell people you do for a living?
Old 04-10-2015, 06:26 AM   #232
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
remember when using PayPal to make the extra clicks to use a CC rather than your checking account for added consumer protection........

Dante, what do you tell people you do for a living?
Using anything BUT a Credit Card on Paypal is literally asking to be scammed. Yes most vendors/sellers will be honest but there is 100% going to be a scammer at some point in anyone's internets experience. Depending on Paypal to get your money back... lol.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #234
Registered Member

Regular

Wow. OP, where are you on this?
Old 04-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #235
Staff
Regular
Staff

The tidal wave is beginning. Kustumb, if you aren't in contact with those users already, there is a good half a dozen people who are also getting the big shaft and would probably be more than happy to provide you more ammo since you're doing a lot of the legwork.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #236
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
HIDGUY's own words... "Hundreds of customers waiting"

Translation

Hundreds of customers scammed.

Hundreds of customers not getting merchandise

Hundreds of customers not getting a refund

It's always someone else's fault with this company.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #237
Staff
Regular
Staff

That and if a company legit has "hundreds" of people waiting for their orders... um... yeah...

Old 04-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #238
Registered Member

Regular

If there were legitimately hundreds, wouldn't you expand you staff, facilities, and limit orders? Just pathetic.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #239
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
If there were legitimately hundreds, wouldn't you expand you staff, facilities, and limit orders? Just pathetic.
If you had a competent business mind yes.
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey guys, my account on there is MustangLink. I'm going to make a new one since they've blocked me from viewing their page (obviously!).

I'm still reaching out and chatting with new people and getting more info.

I'm also chatting with my lawyer to see the best way of going through this and getting action.

Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #241
Registered Member

Regular

Thanks for the update bro
Old 04-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

This is crazy...
Old 04-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Been spreading the word. Told 4 people who were gonna place orders about the thread and showed them and this saved them!!!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Absolutely 150% I will never order anything from these people. Absolutely ridiculous how they treat customers and how they give the same BS excuse to everyone

BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:33 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Anything new?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion