Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Experience with HIDGuy.net

45K views 530 replies 73 participants last post by  Logan541 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

This is just a PSA re: HidGuy.net.

I bought a turn signal kit (smoked) - 2005-2009 Ford Mustang HMS Elite LED Rear Bumper Lights - Blackout Smoke - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop) - from them July 17th. Note it says on there that 2-3 weeks to make. Let's say 2 months to be generous.

I sold the car in November for a 2014 GT. At this point, I've been waiting for my order for 4 months. I had also called them about once a month for an update with each update being: "It's almost done, maybe another week to ship."

Anyways, I changed my order with store credit hoping that ANOTHER item would ship faster- 2010-2014 Ford Mustang HMS Elite LED Rear Bumper Lights - Blackout Smoke - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop) and - 2010-2014 Ford Mustang HMS Elite LED Front Bumper Lights - Clear - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop).

The orders were swapped out 27 November 2014 and today's date is March 3rd. Now I've been waiting for a total of 8 months!

I saw yesterday that Oracle was making the exact same product. I contacted them to get a refund and they've refused.

So here's a PSA - don't buy from these guys. They don't give you honest information on your order, won't care to give you a full refund and won't answer their phone.

Go ahead - call them 619-427-7116.

Here's my last point of contact with them through their messaging service once they stopped answering phones.

"You Said:

It's been "awaiting shipment" for 6 months now.

Please call me at [number removed] ASAP.
RE: ORDER STATUS
3rd Mar 2015 @ 12:36 PM

HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop) Said:

[name removed],
Thank you for the message, Yes currently we have sold way to many bumper lights and these are all being made at the moment and shipping as being made. But orders before yours are being fulfilled.

We had new ways of making these and the product needed to be fully tested before we can fully put these together and get them shipped out to consumer. We are one of the few that are selling these lights with these items in them and quality.

Now if you no longer want to wait we can reverse the store credit and cancel the order so you can get something else.

Let us know what you are looking to do.
Thank you
- Dante
ORDER STATUS
3rd Mar 2015 @ 12:40 PM

You Said:

I don't have anything else that I want to buy from HIDGuy.net.

You guys have said the same thing for over 6 months now and I have e-mail records to show it.

Please return my money. 6 months is unbelievably long, under any circumstance to keep a customer waiting for an item that says 2-3 days for production.

I'm part of multiple Mustang forums online and would love to have to avoid going through yet another issue like this that I have done so with so many other manufacturers in the past.

Sincerely.
3rd Mar 2015 @ 12:48 PM

[name removed],
I understand the frustration, but we cant reverse store credit to a refund as you agreed to that. I can tell you that these are being finished up. I understand what the website says but, stuff does happen and when new product comes in and new ways of how these are being built so the consumer doesn't have any issues does take time. There are a lot of people that are waiting for these patiently and they will be done here soon. I just cant give you a definite date as i do not handle or put together bumper lights or i would be able to provide this to you.

If you have any other questions please let me know.
Thank you
- Dante
ORDER STATUS
3rd Mar 2015 @ 12:55 PM

You Said:

Yes stuff does happen for 1,2, at the most 3 months. 6 months? Never have I waited for something for 6 months.

I buy stock from China, ship them over the oceans, produce mechanical parts and sell them to the U.S. and that barely takes more than 2 months.

I paid for this with PayPal so you have my information on hand. I know its against "company policy" but I'm pretty sure its not company policy to make a customer wait (regardless of how many others are patiently waiting), for over 6 months.

Think it over again. I have no problem rustling feathers about HidGuy in the forums.

ORDER STATUS
3rd Mar 2015 @ 12:56 PM

You Said:

Oh and this isn't store credit this all stems for a purchase I made in JULY which wasn't delivered for 5 months at which point i sold and bought a 2014, changed the order in Nov with store credit AND was forced to wait another 4 months!
3rd Mar 2015 @ 12:59 PM

[name removed],
Again I understand where you are coming from, But at the end of the day posting on forums is still going to give you the same outcome, Either store credit or just wait for the bumper lights. We would rather you not waste time and effort going on a forum to kick up dust. Not worth your time to begin with.

Again not much I can say but sit tight and wait for them to be fully tested and shipped out to you. No one else really makes these with the components let alone can get the rears for these vehicles.

ORDER STATUS
3rd Mar 2015 @ 1:02 PM

You Said:

Mustang SMD Sidemarkers - ORACLE SMD Sidemarkers - ORACLE Automotive Lighting Products

I'm sure they don't ship in 6 months.
3rd Mar 2015 @ 1:34 PM

[name removed],
We actually did at one time use those strips for the bumper lights that they use. But they burn out and have nothing but problems with them. Hence why we changed the style of them and thats why we test all the bumper lights.

- Dante"

Thanks for your attention.

See less See more
#2 ·
HID Guy does good work but if you aren't a big name or high value person you will be put to the bottom of the list.

The most famous GT500 on Instagram (Scofield) uses all HID Guy stuff, but he is a big name so they make his stuff first.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#69 ·
That's lame for a company to do IMO. I can understand doing this before an item goes for sale to the "public". They should treat every customer the same.

It kinda sounds like they grew too fast or discovered a problem with this product. I think it would be a good business practice in this case to give the person their money back. I think it would actually be a plus rather than a negative in an overall sense of this type of problem.

IG: @azurebluemach

#4 ·
Paypal dispute is 30 days, credit card company... not sure how much longer but I'd call my bank. If you used a debit card or a bank transfer via paypal... consider this a life lesson.

I hope you eventually will get these lights but I really REALLY hope this is not another example of a guy starting off doing really good work for a few ppl, taking a bunch of orders and then getting in way over his head and then screwing a bunch of ppl out of their money. And I know from seeing HIDGuy lights in action that they are really really nice units too which is ashame this is happening.

#5 ·
Let me first by saying that thank you everyone for backing the quality of our product. We take pride in producing the very best in quality as if we were putting these parts on our own vehicle.

Its very unfortunate that the wait time is what is holding this order up. But here are the reasons for this. We have drastically changed the way we build these lenses. For starters, these OEM style lenses you can get no where else and are very hard to find. They are not made in bulk so they are very hard to get and only are received in batches for us when not on back order from the manufactured.

Second: The strips that we were using in them where from a very reputable company that is know for there Halos and strips etc etc. But thats not to say that everything they have is top notch quality. With that we have had our share of problems with burnt out diodes and chips. We even have photos on our website and Instagram showing this. This is why we had made the move to change what type of strips we put inside our bumper lights. With that though came with a draw back, the design had to be changed due to components that cannot be put inside the bumper lights.

Third: These bumper lights are not mass produced! Unlike our competitors in which yes you can get these some where else...they look totally different then ours and they do not have the OEM feel to them. The strips are exposed and just dont give you that OEM feel. Keep in mind that they get these mass produced and have them on shelves. They are not built to order. All our mod shop items are BUILT TO ORDER. We dont have these ready to ship, they must be built.

Our phone system, Our phone system is set up to handle high volume calls. In which at the moment we are experiencing this. We cannot hire random people to answer our phones that do not have proper training in automotive lighting. It might sound simple but its not an easy and can be very confusing. Some other companies on the internet dont even have phone numbers where you can reach them.

Lastly, there are a bunch of customers that are in the same boat. We apologize that it has taken so long for any of these. But its more QUALITY over QUANTITY for us. We could and excuse my language half "ass" these bumper lights to make a buck. But thats not what we are after. We strive to be the best in innovation and quality.

If anyone has any questions about anything please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

#6 ·
The concern here is not about quality it's about your poor customer service. You STILL say it takes 2-3 days to build these on your website.

You obviously aren't building my order yet so why can't you just refund my money so I can get it from a more reputable (Oracle) source?

Not to mention your passive aggressive stance on this. We're talking about a mere ~$200 here.

Message attached.

"[name removed],
Understand but going back and forth is going to waste more of your time. I do not want to do that to you as your time is valuable. There are two options on the table, doing a write up isnt going to fix the issue. As you can see NO ONE has a issue with the product. The product is good, and in no way shape or form are we going to send you a half "asses" product. Again as you can see even the "big" mustang guys have our stuff on their vehicle. We are not going to rush quality over quality because you did a write up. Plan and simple. Offers are there on table. Let me know.

- Dante"

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#7 ·
To add, just because I'm speaking up and publicizing this and others are not (though I can't imagine people being A-ok with being held-up for 8 months), doesn't mean what you've done is right.

Just because 100 people witness someone shoplifting and 1 decides to act does not mean the other 99 had the right reaction.

I'll be speaking to PayPal and referring to this discussion.

#8 ·
I'm with op. That's too long. If you have all those issues you yourself admit to having, you shouldn't allow further sale of said items until you have your $hit straight. Not op's fault. He has been more than patient. The least you could do it refund his money. Your only hurting yourself HIDGUY. I'd never buy anything from you now.

#9 ·
8 months is still way too long. If on your site you disclose it may take 8 months then the customer will know and you will have given them notice. But saying less than a week when it takes months, at that point it is on the company, not the buyer.

#10 ·
Take them to court

#11 ·
All our times are ESTIMATED. Especially if there were problems with parts. These are custom as like said above they are not laying around on a shelf. Wait time was due to making this product better for our customers.

Also looking through the notes from our previous employees, it looks like when you sold your vehicle you never asked for a refund. You requested store credit. And the notes clearly state as i will paste it here word for word:

11/14-Due to customer has sold his car, He would like to order something else from the website so would like store credit. NOT REFUND BUT STORE CREDIT.

so at that time you had already waiting for a very long time for the first set. at that point it was your choice to opt for the store credit and replace your order. We would have taken care of it then and walked away from it. At this point the build then becomes yours when they are being put together being a mod shop item.

#12 ·
I was never given the option for a refund. The only option was a store credit and that's why we're at this state.

You can't just take someone's money, not build anything, and offer store credit and give no alternative.

You gave no refund alternative then, and aren't giving me one now.

Any respectable company would've dealt with this than fight it.

This is a $200 purchase not a $8,000 supercharger I'm trying to get a refund on.

Have some responsibility.

#14 ·
^ I'm sure you hadn't even begun assembling his first set by this time or you wouldn't have let him switch. Notes written by a "previous" employee means nothing. That doesn't mean that's how the conversation went. And I'm quite sure had he known you still didn't have a defined/tested product to sell him... He would have taken the refund. You are digging yourself a deeper hole HIDGUY. That's not the way to run a business. The way your going you won't have to worry about that much longer.

#16 ·
Actually, there are tons of reviews on the web. go search you'll find them. And people still order. You know why? because Quality...plain and simple. Remember every company on the internet has issues. I can go search for top mustang companies and you will have one person that says something bad. You cant satisfy everyone. But thats just the way it goes. you get thick skin and you move on.

And so everyone can see about our custom parts:

Mod-Shop Orders

Once your order has been placed, you have 48 hours to apply any changes or request a cancellation. Cancellations are only accepted if we are notified within those 48 hours; you will be responsible to pay for all parts, a cancellation fee of 15% and return shipping fees for those items to their respected vendors if we decide to return the items and not keep them (if we return the items to the vendor, you will not have to pay for parts, but this does not apply to orders that have builds already started). We do everything we can to keep the ordering of these items quick and easy so understand our position in providing you a custom product and only place the order if your sure of what your choosing in the options and that a time frame listed in the product meets your requirements. If you were to need a specific Mod-Shop item/service faster than the round about time listed, make sure to contact us by email or phone and we will gladly see what can be done for you; we are in no way responsible for delays beyond any estimated time given to you before, during or after an order is placed. We do everything we can to finish all custom projects within time frame but certain circumstances can prolong this process and we are in no way responsible for any monetary, transportation, time, pain or suffering costs/damages the customer incurs if a job/modification is delayed. ALL Mod-Shop Orders (Items with Brand as "HIDGuy Mod-Shop") can NOT be returned for any reason unless we authorize it under special conditions, these are all special orders and do not qualify for returns. Cancellations for builds already started or finished will have an applicable (minimum 50% of total order value) cost incurred to cover a portion of the parts cost and you will forfeit your custom build for us to try and re-sell; only under extreme special circumstances can a build be cancelled after the 48 hours period, the decision is 100% ours to accept the cancellation or not, otherwise once the order is placed, it shows you understand this policy on custom builds.

#15 ·
The reason you got store credit was because you cancelled an order that you cant cancel because they are hand made. It clearly states that in our policy and you agree to those when ordering with us. This is a mod shop item. The first set was already done, but i think everyone misses the face that HE sold the vehicle, we could have sent you the first set and you would have been stuck with bumper lights that you couldn't even lose. So you would have loss the money. We gave you that option to apply that credit towards something else. We could have just told you oh well good luck with your new bumper lights. These are MOD shop custom lights and all our custom lights are non refundable.

#17 ·
Terrible customer service.

Won't find me ever shopping at the HID Guy. Instead of just doing a simple refund you lost future customers.

Like said in another post it's clear you haven't even started making the part or you wouldn't have even let him switch the order. At that point it is ridiculous you won't issue a refund for such a small order. I've seen other products you guys do. A $200 item is chump change.

A real customer service will bend over backward to make the customer happy. I don't see you budging.

Give the man a refund or you lose potential customers.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#18 ·
Already lost any business from me.

#19 ·
Dante please do not lie to these good people.

I called you monthly and I was in full communication before and when I sold my car.

By the time I sold it the item was already 4 months late and I asked you guys on the phone if it was ready. Of course you said not yet.

I told you that I got a '14 and asked for my money back. You said no, so I said fine and ordered the other bumpers.

And here we are 4 more months later.

#22 ·
If every company gave a refund for customers that went on forums and posted bad reviews for a custom item. Then a lot of people would be in trouble and a lot of business would be in trouble.

But going on a forum and demanding a refund and having people that have nothing to do with a customers order isnt going to get you a refund or even get your build done faster.

Where this post goes, you ordered a custom item that you knew already when you changed your order you were going to wait. You are trying to back out of a custom item.

Your causing all this over something that is done. all i know is that these are done and waiting to be tested, packed and stirring up something that is already done.

If you want them then you gotta let us know. If you dont and your going to try to put a claim in then we can hand them off to the next customer waiting in line.

Thats it.

#24 ·
I wouldn't be backing out of this item if the process didn't take 8 months.

And you still have to deliver me the item since you're not giving me a refund. It's another conversation if you're saying you won't deliver and/or put me on the bottom of the list.

#27 ·
They won't be in business much longer if they keep this up. Good riddance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.