Test drove a Penske Hertz GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
Region: Texas
Test drove a Penske Hertz GT

Wow, what a Saturday I had guys. As a part of my continuing search for a 13-14 GT to replace my 07 V6 as a DD (I have a VERY short drive to work) I went over to the Hertz sales office in Dallas to take a look at a Penske GT they had for sale their. For those who don't know, the Penske GT was produced as a rental fleet for Hertz with 150 total cars being produced, 140 autos for mass consumption and 10 manuals for the higher ups. After each car hit 15K miles it was retired and offered for sale through Hertz, this particular beauty was 42 of 150. I went to look at it simply because at $31K it was only slightly above my budget for a 13-14 GT and I know that these cars came pretty modded from Ford Racing. There was no reason NOT to give it a spin. Never have I enjoyed a car so much and also been so sure that I DIDNT want to drive it off the lot. Suffice it to say that the car deserves to be babied for its entire life and making a DD out of it would be a crime. The ride was smooth, the performance was incredible, the thing was like a damn cannon (Ford Racing parts have it running something like 575hp). Not to mention the looks, even with Hertz badging everywhere this thing was beautiful and I am not totally sold on the concept of the off-center stripe. Theres no doubt that 30K was a steal for this car, but since I'm a 24 year old living in an apartment with covered parking but no garage, there was no way I was going to treat such a special car so poorly. Has anyone else had the pleasure of driving one? If not I highly recommend it.

lwillow2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: New York
I don't think it is anywhere close to 575hp, they have just an intake and tune, with FRPP suspension parts. Me personally, I wouldn't buy a rental. You can get a 13-14 GT for cheaper and just mod it yourself to be even better.
2014 Mustang GT, DIB, MT82, Tech and Track Package
mods are coming, slowly
kanine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion