May have found a SN95 project... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
May have found a SN95 project...

1998 FORD MUSTANG GT (EASY FIX)

Looks like a clean interior, front damage is all stuff I would replace anyway, looks like legit SVO side skirts which are damn near impossible to find and if that is the "OEM" Borla exhaust...

Guy says he still has it and there is no frame damage and nothing more than a little surface rust on the underside in a few common spots so we'll see. Says it runs and drives fine too with no leaks or smoke or anything. Not that I am expecting the motor and especially the 96-98 grans to be in the greatest shape obviously.

I don't think its worth $1300 though, what do you all think would be fair for this? I know a few $hundred is not anything in the grand scheme of things but every little bit counts.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I imagine you aren't buying this car for the powertrain...more less for a cheap body to fix up and throw something ridiculous into.

I'd toss $800 at him and see what he says. The listing has been on for over a month and I don't imagine there are people lining up to make offers on a worked over salvage title sn95.

Those side skirts are pretty cool though, really never see those anymore.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
As you can clearly see, that car wasn't totaled because of that minor front end damage... The entire front clip has been replaced at some point.
I'd investigate further and offer no more than half of his asking price.

Scratch that!
I wouldn't offer him jack shiit for that car! Because I don't buy salvage titled vehicles.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
As you can clearly see, that car wasn't totaled because of that minor front end damage... The entire front clip has been replaced at some point.
I'd investigate further and offer no more than half of his asking price.

Scratch that!
I wouldn't offer him jack shiit for that car! Because I don't buy salvage titled vehicles.
Looks like both fenders were replaced and he never got around to the hood and the bumper... the SVO exhaust is really what has me wanting to go look at it and it actually looks like a clean interior.

Sonic, this would be a donor car most likely. 1-I hate Laser Red and 2-I'd rather find a V6 with the color combo I wanted to put everything into.

**With all that said, I'm going to have knee surgery on the 7th and be out of commission for at least a month so... probably not even going to go look at this.

I know I change my mind all the time but this time... yeah I don't want to blow up my knee more moving this/pushing it around/whatever and I have no idea how long it will be before I am up and running with a doctor's blessing to use it as its good so...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Yah I hear ya there. Might as well get a car worth while that you want, even if it is just a donor. Nice thing is that there's no shortage of SN95 "donor" cars these days.

Good luck with your knee surgery, I couldn't imagine basically being laid up for a month, guess you'll be spending plenty of time on the forum lol.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

I won't be laid up for a month, its arthroscopic and I'll be walking (on crutches) the same day but the doctor said it won't be till a month later that I'm "normal" and about 2 months before I'm cleared to really start getting crazy with it like actually going to the squat rack for the first time in like a year... because of all the pain it causes when I use the rack right now.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Looks like both fenders were replaced and he never got around to the hood and the bumper... the SVO exhaust is really what has me wanting to go look at it and it actually looks like a clean interior.

Sonic, this would be a donor car most likely. 1-I hate Laser Red and 2-I'd rather find a V6 with the color combo I wanted to put everything into.

**With all that said, I'm going to have knee surgery on the 7th and be out of commission for at least a month so... probably not even going to go look at this.

I know I change my mind all the time but this time... yeah I don't want to blow up my knee more moving this/pushing it around/whatever and I have no idea how long it will be before I am up and running with a doctor's blessing to use it as its good so...
I shouldn't be so hard on salvage cars... A while back, I was looking for a salvage titled Bullitt just to get the driver's side mudflap, and the air intake for the clean titled Bullitt that I've been working on!
People still want around $4k for the salvage cars. And every one that I looked at was missing the driver's side mudflap! Lol.

I finally found a complete skirt set on E-bay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1429837494018.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	180977  
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:14 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also just texted him, there is only one SVO skirt there... lolz that was half the reason I was even interested in the car.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion