Try adding this to your oil next oil change - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Try adding this to your oil next oil change

MILITEC-1 - The ONLY all-purpose synthetic metal conditioner and gun oil
I have been using this lubricant on my firearms. It's the best so far I have ever used. So I decided to add 8oz to my toyota 4 runner v8 a few years ago. It states on the back of the bottle you can use it on any motor as an additive to protect metal wear. This stuff is outstanding! After a few hundred miles and the truck has more power. I have been using it in my lawn mower and snow blower. Awesome product. My friend uses it in his boat and truck and he said he felt a difference also.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Joe Dirt 222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Yea- I believe ya got more "POWER"

Ha ! Ha !
Wheres the punch line on this one?????
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Hm, I might give it a try. My guns could use a cleaning, and I might use it in my truck. Thanks for sharing.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have been using Militec1 for past 20 years. In my car engine, transmission, power steering, all my guns...
At work, it's inside of anything lubricated with conventional "fluids"
Originally amped out a 50 ton reciprocating compressor, added Militec, recorded the amperage drop, then continued monitoring its service life for many years.
Air compressor's, circulation pumps, anything like that.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 222 View Post
I have been using this lubricant on my firearms. It's the best so far I have ever used. So I decided to add 8oz to my toyota 4 runner v8 a few years ago. It states on the back of the bottle you can use it on any motor as an additive to protect metal wear. This stuff is outstanding! After a few hundred miles and the truck has more power. I have been using it in my lawn mower and snow blower. Awesome product. My friend uses it in his boat and truck and he said he felt a difference also.

And don't forget to add a handful of mothballs to your gas tank. Really adds a lot of octane to your gas!!!
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I've been using motor oil in all my engines since I was 16, (44 now) and you won't believe how much money I've saved by not adding $$$ snake oils ! It's amazing! I think everyone should try it.
And as a side bonus....not one of my many cars have ever blown up, seized, or exploded. It's like a miracle.
I use the extra money to buy lottery tickets so I can win and buy a money making company like Duralube!
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 222 View Post

But is it Dr Oz approved?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
But is it Dr Oz approved?

Bahahaha

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...tive-marketers
It has been and always will be an easy money maker to lure car enthusiasts into giving their cars the "best" and keeping that motor like brand new.
Just put in good, correct motor oil. Then change it regularly.
Then put that extra money savings into the beer, diapers and trailer park dues fund.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This is for people that can't use the link on a cell phone

FTC Charges Motor Oil Additive Marketers;
Ads for Dura Lube Were False and Unsubstantiated, Agency Says
FOR RELEASE
May 4, 1999
TAGS: Energy
In the latest law enforcement initiative targeting ads that use deceptive performance claims to tout motor oil additives, the Federal Trade Commission has charged the marketers of Dura Lube Super Engine Treatment and Dura Lube Advanced Engine Treatment with making false and unsubstantiated advertising claims, in violation of federal law. Herman S. Howard, Scott Howard and six corporations they control that manufacture and market Dura Lube face administrative trial.

Dura Lube is one of the largest engine treatment companies in the country and the fifth to be charged by the FTC with making false or unsubstantiated claims. The FTC has previously halted allegedly deceptive ads for Valvoline Engine Treatment, Slick 50 Engine Treatment and STP Engine Treatment. Motor Up Corporation, which was sued by the FTC on April 14, 1999, is awaiting administrative trial on charges that its ads were unsubstantiated.

The FTC alleges that packaging, labeling, print ads and infomercials for Dura Lube claim that compared to motor oil alone, or motor oil treated with any other product, using Dura Lube:

reduces engine wear by more than 50percent;
prolongs engine life and reduces emissions;
reduces the risk of serious engine damage when oil pressure is lost; and
improves gas mileage by up to 35 percent.
The FTC alleges Dura Lube did not have a reasonable basis to substantiate these claims.

The FTC also alleges that the advertising represents that tests establish that compared to motor oil alone, using Dura Lube:

reduces engine wear by more than 50 percent and prolongs engine life;
improves gas mileage by up to 35 percent and reduces emissions;
reduces the risk of serious engine damage when oil pressure is lost; and
one treatment continues to protect the engine for up to 50,000 miles.
However, tests do not prove that Dura Lube provides these benefits and therefore the representation that tests prove that consumers will realize these benefits is false and misleading. In addition, Dura Lube ads claimed that its product does not contain chlorinated compounds and that it has been tested by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. According to the FTC, these claims are false because Dura Lube contains chlorinated paraffin, a chlorinated compound, and Dura Lube has not been tested by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

The Dura Lube infomercials featured a demonstration of an automobile engine running after the oil treated with Dura Lube had been drained out to prove Dura Lube reduces the risk of serious engine damage when oil pressure is lost. Another demonstration showed the response of untreated oil to heat compared to the response of oil with Dura Lube to prove that without Dura Lube, motor oil fails to protect automobile engines under hot running conditions. In fact, the FTC alleges, the demonstrations don't prove the claims made.

Finally, infomercial and print ads with a former NASA astronaut represent that he has expertise in the evaluation and testing of automobile engine lubrication and endorses Dura Lube on the basis of an independent, objective and valid evaluation or generally accepted tests. In fact, the FTC alleges, the former astronaut does not have expertise in evaluation and testing of auto engine lubrication and hasn't endorsed Dura Lube based on an independent, objective or valid evaluation or testing.

In addition to Herman Howard and Scott Howard, of Stamford, Connecticut, the FTC complaint names Stamford-based Dura Lube Corporation, which coordinates all of Dura Lube's business; Howe Laboratories, Inc., distributor of Dura Lube; The Media Group and National Communications Corporation, which provide advertising services. Also named are American Direct Marketing, Inc., based in Nashville, Tennessee, which directs marketing for the product and Crescent Manufacturing, Inc., headquartered in Eden, New York, which manufactures and packages Dura Lube.

The Commission vote to file the complaint was 4-0.

In an administrative trial, the FTC will seek to bar unsubstantiated performance claims about Dura Lube or any other product used in a motor vehicle. It will also seek to prohibit misrepresentations about tests or studies; deceptive demonstrations; misleading endorsements; and misrepresentations about whether a product contains a chlorinated compound or has been tested by EPA or meets the standards of any standard-setting organization.

NOTE: The Commission issues a complaint when it has "reason to believe" that the law has been or is being violated, and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. The complaint is not a finding or ruling that the respondents have actually violated the law. The case will be decided by an administrative law judge.

Copies of the complaint are available from the FTC's web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC's Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580; 202-FTC-HELP (202-382-4357); TDD for the hearing impaired 1-866-653-4261. Consent agreements subject to public comment also are available by calling 202-326-3627. To find out the latest news as it is announced, call the FTC NewsPhone recording at 202-326-2710.

Anybody really believes that adding "SNAKE OIL" to your motor oil just needs to send me some money too. At least I'm not going to sludge up your engine.
Ronnie
Old 05-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Just put in good, correct motor oil. Then change it regularly.
Then put that extra money savings into the beer, diapers and trailer park dues fund.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

So Ronnie, what you are saying is that it IS Dr. Oz Approved?

In all seriousness, I was trying to be nice with the Dr. Oz reference. Put this **** in your oil and you might as well buy the Tornado fuel saver and a "grounding kit" to add performance to your car too. I also have a real nice piece of property in downtown NYC for sale real cheap too, PM me for details..

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Right on......only do my own work and no additives.
Waynes World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi scottydsntknow

I really liked your Doctor OZ approved question.
If it was Doctor OZ approved it would actually take weight off of the car when you added the Snake Oil. The more you drove the lighter your car would get.
Ronnie
Old 05-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

MILITEC1 is carbon based,
Accepted by labs and testing to be extraordinary.
BITOG has tested it, it is special stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

MILITEC1 is carbon based,
Accepted by labs and testing to be extraordinary.
Most work using it has been with the military and test lab results can be access through Mimitec1 in Herndon Virginia.
BITOG has tested it, it is special stuff.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh... still completely unnecessary even if this one product happens to actually work as advertised. Change your oil on schedule with any Mustang V8 and the motor will not fail due to an oil related problem under most circumstances. Witness countless NYC Vic taxis going 300k+ no problem.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Militec1 is a must have to clean your weapons, and many other applications.
Don't use it if you doubt it.
The guys on BITOG have chemical degree's, same as the naysayers here.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm guessing you think the people at the car company's

Are not smart enough to have you use additives like this in any car engines.
Are you saying the auto manufactures do not have people with Chemical degrees on their payrolls? I have never heard of any manufacturer telling anyone to put "SNAKE OIL" in their cars fuel or oil tank.
You said it:
Quote:
The guys on BITOG have chemical degree's, same as the naysayers here
ANOTHER REASON I DON"T BUY USED CARS
Ronnie

PS: it's your car and you can add anything you want to add to it.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Are not smart enough to have you use additives like this in any car engines.
Are you saying the auto manufactures do not have people with Chemical degrees on their payrolls? I have never heard of any manufacturer telling anyone to put "SNAKE OIL" in their cars fuel or oil tank.
You said it:

ANOTHER REASON I DON"T BUY USED CARS
Ronnie

PS: it's your car and you can add anything you want to add to it.
Dudes and Dudettes-
This my last post regarding Militec,
-There are uses for it. You have to be smart enough to know where and when to use it. For me, 99% of the time i use it is when bearings have seized, about to seize. And inside all electrical motors. Air compressor motors, circulation pumps, and reciprocating compressors. Decades later, all are running. Amp probes don't lie.
Shooting ranges and military personal lube the weapons they depend on with their lives with Militec1.
It's no "snake oil", but if you don't want to use it, don't. Pipe down on peoples comments who do use it so productive conversations can be had to use it best way how. This stuff has saved my as$ late on a Friday night many times when mechanical parts seize up and have to wait till Monday to replace part.
I used it a whole lot, i'm qualified (Master Mechanical) to discuss most things mechanical.
PEACE My Brutha's

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion