How to disable seatbelt chime - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2015, 03:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
How to disable seatbelt chime

I just tried this on my 14 and it worked. Now before all the negative comments about how it's a safety thing (yes I know, I wear mine) and how it's illegal to not wear a seatbelt (actually it's not illegal where I live NH...you can drive unbuckled waving at the troopers)
Well there's times I just don't need or want an extra chime or ding or whatever, so it's nice if you want this feature disabled.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Don't want to wake up the wife after a late night of skirt chasing?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:10 PM   #3

Region: Florida
worked on my '13 too
falisi_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Awesome! Thanks for posting that

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Interesting

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not sure why anyone would do this except to not drive without wearing the belt. Sorry I don't buy it. This thread does not explicitly violate TOS so it'll stay up but not a fan of it.

Wear your seatbelt or have fun winding up roadkill if you ever wreck badly.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Maybe a track day when using a harness?

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-27-2015, 07:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Some people just don't like wearing it. Can't get mad at them for it. It's just personal choice. Very dangerous nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Not sure why anyone would do this except to not drive without wearing the belt. Sorry I don't buy it. This thread does not explicitly violate TOS so it'll stay up but not a fan of it.

Wear your seatbelt or have fun winding up roadkill if you ever wreck badly.
I agree, I wear mine all the time. I'm also a proponent and retired as a traffic homicide investigator. However, in NH, it is perfectly legal for an adult to choose not to wear it. I support rights more than safety.
And come on....there are times on your own street, or jumping in and out doing several errand stops when a lot of people don't keep putting it on or off.
I didn't post a link on how to disable or remove your seat belts.....just a stupid ding bell.
Less government intrusion, more personal choice and responsibility.
Motorcyclists should also wear helmets..but some states don't require it. Should motorcycles all have ding bells reminding you to wear a helmet and not shut off until you do?
Should your car mute your radio and chime a safety warning every time you speed? I don't need my car telling me what to do.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

There's gov't intrusion and gov't intrusion... I buckle up even if I'm just going around the block. Only takes 1 jackass when you are right by your house not thinking you need to buckle because "only going a few min".

To each their own I guess. Not buckling up only hurts the person who doesn't buckle.

Well them and their family if they die or are really injured because now family has to deal with a lost loved one or having to go through recovery.

On the plus side I guess if you live and its a bad accident that is not your fault you can pull an Office Space and sue for $$$$...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

On a nifty side note, a lot of patrol officers like to disable the Ford seatbelt chime for stealth reason. Between 2a.m. And 5 a.m. When they cruise industrial parks at 5 mph with all their lights off and brake light cut off switch. (Switch that lets you ride the brakes and no lights come on)
This way they can have all the windows down, listening for breaking glass etc and also bail out quick without unbuckling.
It's not a way around not wearing it because most agencies have a clause of no pay for medical expenses if you didnt have it on. And with today's vehicle computers, they know if you had it on or not. (And exactly how fast you were going, throttle % open, braking force)
Old 06-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I agree, I wear mine all the time. I'm also a proponent and retired as a traffic homicide investigator. However, in NH, it is perfectly legal for an adult to choose not to wear it. I support rights more than safety.
And come on....there are times on your own street, or jumping in and out doing several errand stops when a lot of people don't keep putting it on or off.
I didn't post a link on how to disable or remove your seat belts.....just a stupid ding bell.
Less government intrusion, more personal choice and responsibility.
Motorcyclists should also wear helmets..but some states don't require it. Should motorcycles all have ding bells reminding you to wear a helmet and not shut off until you do?
Should your car mute your radio and chime a safety warning every time you speed? I don't need my car telling me what to do.
I have to say that although I wear my belt at all times and encourage everyone else to wear theirs (in fact, I won't move my car unless everyone in it is buckled), I do agree with Waylap1. "Less government intrusion, more personal choice and responsibility."
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Until you get in an accident and are thrown around the car and hit the other passengers and hurt them also. It doesn't just affect you. Thats just for the seat belt though. As for the sound, i hate any type of beeping. Like the 99-04 beeping when the key is in the ignition (not clicked to the on position) and the door is open. Makes it a pain in the *** working on your interior and listening to music in the car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Until you get in an accident and are thrown around the car and hit the other passengers and hurt them also. It doesn't just affect you. Thats just for the seat belt though. As for the sound, i hate any type of beeping. Like the 99-04 beeping when the key is in the ignition (not clicked to the on position) and the door is open. Makes it a pain in the *** working on your interior and listening to music in the car.
If you're lucky, the air bags will stop you from going through the windshield, but then the shrapnel from the air bags will probably get you.
LIVE FREE OR DIE
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Any legal issues that can happen from turning off the chime? And can it be turned back on?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Any legal issues that can happen from turning off the chime? And can it be turned back on?

No legal issues and yes you repeat the process to turn it back on

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
No legal issues and yes you repeat the process to turn it back on

IG @Oxford5pointoh
I'll be doing this soon then. I always wear it anyways, it's a nuisance to hear whenever though.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'll be doing this soon then. I always wear it anyways, it's a nuisance to hear whenever though.

I agree. One thing ole waylap and I can agree on. I don't need the government or my car telling me what to do. I'm going to wear it, but because I want to. I already turned it off just cuz I can.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Old 06-28-2015, 08:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I agree. One thing ole waylap and I can agree on. I don't need the government or my car telling me what to do. I'm going to wear it, but because I want to. I already turned it off just cuz I can.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Nice. Doing the same next time I'm in it. It's just irritating.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion