Dash camera question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2015, 02:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dash camera question

I'm planning on getting a dash camera for my car ( had my car egged 3 times already on different days) and I think I had enough. Question is will it drain my battery or will I be okay? I see a lot of cameras going cheap on eBay. Don't know if I should get those ones or get the high quality ones. I really take care of my things and with the looks of it someone really hates me and don't know why. Someone must have a really strong arm, with the impact of the egg it damaged the paint on 3 different places it got hit. I Don't really want to blame anyone, but I have a feeling it could be my brother since he always talks bad about me. Making me think it could be him, since I don't have any haters (I'm a very nice and calm person).

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Would the camera be able to see at all angles? And if you find out its your brother, what would/could you do? Have charges filed against him? Tough call.

As to battery drain, I doubt it would drain a battery in a day or two. You could always put a switch on it, and turn it off when not in use if it requires a hard wiring type install, or maybe install an accessory plug on it and plug it into the dash's accessory outlet, then unplug it when not in use.

I'd spend more time with trying to figure out why your brother is the potential culprit though.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Dash camera question

There's cameras that can see at a 180 angle and are able to see in the dark. Also there's ones that it goes on standby mode when it doesn't see any movement. When it detects anything, it turns on and starts recording. I think I'll buy one of those, as my car only gets egged at night. I kind of know why he would egged my car but that is more of a personal thing. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's not him. Okay back to the dash camera, I plan on connecting it to the fuse box so I don't have any cables hanging and make it look clean. I would like to know if anyone had any experience with any dash cam?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The paint is getting messed up because its egg, not because it was thrown hard. The egg whites will eat right the hell through your paint in pretty short order so you need to wash it IMMEDIATELY if you see a fresh egging or something.

Dash cam should not drain your battery enough to keep the car from starting if you run the car every day.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The paint is getting messed up because its egg, not because it was thrown hard. The egg whites will eat right the hell through your paint in pretty short order so you need to wash it IMMEDIATELY if you see a fresh egging or something.

Dash cam should not drain your battery enough to keep the car from starting if you run the car every day.
This ^ I have a dash cam I got it from Amazon and I plug it in everyday and leave it, no battery issues.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Actually it is damaged because it was thrown hard. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1437154718.201908.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	187331 on the other sides it has the same damages on the paint. I think someone needs to be standing straight to the car and hit it real hard to make a damage like that. Plan on getting a camera this week and installing it.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
This ^ I have a dash cam I got it from Amazon and I plug it in everyday and leave it, no battery issues.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

How's the quality on the one you have? And can you seen me the link of it?

Old 07-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post

it captures HD i forgot the name of it im still at work but i will let you know once i get home, it has some nice features like it captures when something is moving near your car i forgot the term, it has continous recording and it will get rid of the old video replacing it with a new one, it has led light so it still can capture video at night as well and some useful features i like it, its been with me for almost 2 years now and still working.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I found it:

Blueskysea Free Gift Gel Pen + G1W-C G1W PRO Full HD 1080P H.264 Capacitor Model - No Battery Car DVR Camera Recorder Dashboard Dashcam Dash | Black B Sold by: BAIKLOV
Old 07-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
you could just chain your brother up in the basement for a month....if the egging continues it wasn't him.

seriously, if it is him that sux even more.......
Old 07-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
you could just chain your brother up in the basement for a month....if the egging continues it wasn't him.

This ^^^
Old 07-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully this stops once I know who it is. Do you connect it with the stuff included or do you have it connected to the fuse box?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully this stops once I know who it is. Do you connect it with the stuff included or do you have it connected to the fuse box?

so this is what i did i put my dash cam beside my front mirrow, the kit comes with a saction cup and it held up pretty good even in a hot weather and i run the wire through the head board all the way down to my compartment i forgot the term im having a brain fart. I plug it there all the time.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Dash camera question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

Well he's 27 he should be mature enough. I mean I just turned 23 and finishing college and he's still living at my parents house, not going to school, and 3 kids. I don't want to think he has some hate or jealousy against me, just cuz they always see me working on my car. I work hard to get the things I want.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Dash camera question

Old 07-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Alright thank you, I might hook mine to the fuse box. As I hate having cables laying there just hanging.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright thank you, I might hook mine to the fuse box. As I hate having cables laying there just hanging.

You can do that one too but i dont know how it works, let me know how it comes out and i might do it this way too.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
It will be a really nice shiny thing to be on the dash, no doubt you will be fixing the broken window when they steal it.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
It will be a really nice shiny thing to be on the dash, no doubt you will be fixing the broken window when they steal it.
I plasti dipped it black so you can't really see it since my interior is black. I'm one step ahead.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Did you ever get a cam and catch the person? I use a cobra CDR 900 and love it and it does not drain my battery if I leave it on.
siggy14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion