11-14 Mustang back seat interior removal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
11-14 Mustang back seat interior removal?

Anyone know how to remove the side panels next to the back seats? I can't figure out how and don't want to break anything! If someone could link me a video of removing them or instructions? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
TWRECKS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I know you have to remove the panels to install the silverhorse racing louvers. Take a look at the install video:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/201...r-painted.html

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
To remove the back seat you have to start with the bottom cushion.

There are two plastic push tabs one on each side where the cushion meets the carpet. Just stuck your hand in between and once you feel it push it in toward the cushion. You should feel it pop, once you get both just lift up on the front and pull toward the front of the car. Slides right out.

Backs of the rear seats are very easy as well. I believe it's a 13mm but I could be wrong. Either way there is three brackets. One on each side close to the side of the car and the one in the middle. Get the bolts out and they come right out.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
To remove the back seat you have to start with the bottom cushion.

There are two plastic push tabs one on each side where the cushion meets the carpet. Just stuck your hand in between and once you feel it push it in toward the cushion. You should feel it pop, once you get both just lift up on the front and pull toward the front of the car. Slides right out.

Backs of the rear seats are very easy as well. I believe it's a 13mm but I could be wrong. Either way there is three brackets. One on each side close to the side of the car and the one in the middle. Get the bolts out and they come right out.

I'm looking how to remove the side panels next to the back seats, not the seats themselves! Thanks though!

TWRECKS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRECKS5.0 View Post
I'm looking how to remove the side panels next to the back seats, not the seats themselves! Thanks though!

Sorry read your title and didn't see the other part. I have removed them also.

You have to remove the door sills then after the rear seats are out you can pop the clips out that are visible. One on the back toward the trunk wall, another on toward the trunk floor. The last one is on the carpet area below the seat area where your butt goes. Once those are out you want to work the plastic panel around the rubber molding in the door frame and then pull it away and toward you at the same time. It is clipped into the top plastic part where the quarter window is.

The top plastic pc is removed by first popping the plastic part over the passenger or drivers side window away (don't have to remove it all the way if you don't want). Then just pull on it gently until it starts to pop out from the clips. Use caution for the defroster cable. It will get caught and if your not careful you will break the defroster or the panel.

Hope that helps.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion