Roush vs. Bassani vs. Gibson exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Roush vs. Bassani vs. Gibson exhaust

I have a 2013 3.7L with a roush cold air intake. Im ready to buy an exhaust (axelback) the roush seems very loud and raspy from videos but cant tell. The gibson sounds ok and people say the bassani is really deep. I dont want something that sounds like a ricer or is so loud you can gear from from a long distance. I know these videos dont shiw how it sounds in person. Any suggestions on a deep sounding non raspy axelback? Nothing over 500 bucks
racemamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I like my Bassani AB's on my 3.7.

excellent fit/finish good sound I describe as European with a bit of burble. The only downside (common to aftermarket V6 systems) is a touch of drone when going uphill around 2k if engine is under load. It does sound fierce at high rpms but NOT what my wife calls "stupid loud"
Old 08-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I like my Bassani AB's on my 3.7.

excellent fit/finish good sound I describe as European with a bit of burble. The only downside (common to aftermarket V6 systems) is a touch of drone when going uphill around 2k if engine is under load. It does sound fierce at high rpms but NOT what my wife calls "stupid loud"
Would you say it's deep and not raspy sounding like a honda?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

it does not sound like a Honda...it also does not sound like a V8. it is a well tuned V6 and sounds like it.

I ended up with Bassani as someone local on another forum had them but got in trouble with the law and wanted less attention. I didn't have the heart to tell him the problem was with his right foot.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
it does not sound like a Honda...it also does not sound like a V8. it is a well tuned V6 and sounds like it.

I ended up with Bassani as someone local on another forum had them but got in trouble with the law and wanted less attention. I didn't have the heart to tell him the problem was with his right foot.
What do you think aboit the roush axelbacks? Are they super loud?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
There were Roush axlebacks on the 2013 GT I drove, awesome sound and just loud enough.

'03 Mach 1 5spd
Fully forged Manley rods/pistons, Cobra crank, ARP hardware, 8.5:1, Procharger P1SC w/ intercooler, AFM power pipe, 60# injectors, 03/04 Cobra tank with dual fuel pumps, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, O/R X pipe and Flowmasters, Exedy stage 3 clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, Front and rear upper + lower control arms, Ford Racing springs, Bob Monks tune 448 rwhp @ 9 PSI
LaserRed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

idk...the only ones I would avoid (key word "I") are Pypes as you see them for sale often used. Try and go to Mustang Cruises / shows to hear in person (or come to CT and hear mine) also remember exhaust sounds are for bystanders you don't hear them much inside the car. I heard more improvement with my CAI
Old 08-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
idk...the only ones I would avoid (key word "I") are Pypes as you see them for sale often used. Try and go to Mustang Cruises / shows to hear in person (or come to CT and hear mine) also remember exhaust sounds are for bystanders you don't hear them much inside the car. I heard more improvement with my CAI
So from the youtube videos of the bassani would you say it sounds different in person over the videos?
Old 08-05-2015, 05:26 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

any system sounds different in person. fwiw I didn't listen to any videos...if you go to the effort of posting a link to Bassanis's I'll listen and see if I think it's close. I have only really heard someone else driving my car 1x
Old 08-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I ran a Bassani catback system on my car for the longest time (2013 GT) with Krooks headers. It had a deeper tone to it. I also had people describe it as european sounding, still not sure what that means. It didn't sound anything like an import car. Had a nice deep tone, but did drone a little at low RPM's and to me it didn't have the muscle car sound.

I now run Borla S-Type axle back with a krooks O/R H-pipe, cat and res delete. Sounds much more like a muscle car now then it did with the Bassani. Now I set off the occasional car alarm when driving by.
Unrivaled is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust