Omg use the search bar folks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Omg use the search bar folks

Seriously come on guys.... I know we all want a good sounding car that's fast but..... Your question has been answered a million times. To avoid every post saying what exhaust is best or best hp mods for cheap use the search bar. Help Keep this forum informative. Not repetitive. Thanks

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mattyp511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 03:44 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp511 View Post
Seriously come on guys.... I know we all want a good sounding car that's fast but..... Your question has been answered a million times. To avoid every post saying what exhaust is best or best hp mods for cheap use the search bar. Help Keep this forum informative. Not repetitive. Thanks

This issue has been addressed many times before. While we appreciate the use of the search tool, it has been identified that many members that join Mustang Evolution are new to both Mustangs, repair, and a forum. Many purchase a Mustang as their first car, and join this site as their first forum. They "cut their teeth" on this forum learning forum rules and well as how to operate on a forum.
For this reason, we are extremely tolerant when it comes to multiple posts on common questions, and we ask (and enforce) that our "seasoned" members are polite with their answers. We will not tolerate rude remarks in a thread; if you are bothered by a redundant topic, simply move on; no need to be rude or post negatively.
Remember, we all started fresh in our car hobby; each one of us asked a question that was answered somewhere before. We strive to make Mustang Evolution a friendly site to all new and existing members.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #3
Kevin.Cook

Couldn't have said it better Bucko. I have a strong belief in what you share as I was once new also. And yes the Search item can be helpful, but to the newbie who might know what exact keywords to search for, it is easier and quicker to make their own thread. And people like me, are more then willing to answer.

I say the more threads, the better. As some issues can have different outcomes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
If op had used the search he would know that this has been covered before. Burn.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
If op had used the search he would know that this has been covered before. Burn.
Man, you always got some salt to go with those wounds. lol

But yes, Bucko took it upon himself to seek out only the best to dub as ME Techs. We are paid a decent wage as well....oh wait, was that only me?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
And if everyone just used the search, read previous old posts and never submitted discussions even if they are repetitive....how boring and inactive would this forum be?
Maybe a new question every two days? Let's face it, just about every possible topic and question about every single aspect of our cars has been discussed many times over.
Besides...I kinda like the CAI threads and the "check this out, I just plasti-dipped my junk" threads.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #7
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
And if everyone just used the search, read previous old posts and never submitted discussions even if they are repetitive....how boring and inactive would this forum be?
Maybe a new question every two days? Let's face it, just about every possible topic and question about every single aspect of our cars has been discussed many times over.
Besides...I kinda like the CAI threads and the "check this out, I just plasti-dipped my junk" threads.
What junk are we talkin about here....?
Old 09-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
Nothing surprises me with the "dip". Now the ultimate unique Mustang would have the following parts and they're plasti-dipped too.
1. Shorty antenna, fake hood pins, fake carbon fiber anything, caliper covers, gas door cover, aftermarket cue ball shifter, SVO emblem on ecoboost.
Lowered of course...on plasti-dipped wheels.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Nothing surprises me with the "dip". Now the ultimate unique Mustang would have the following parts and they're plasti-dipped too.
1. Shorty antenna, fake hood pins, fake carbon fiber anything, caliper covers, gas door cover, aftermarket cue ball shifter, SVO emblem on ecoboost.
Haha!!! Loving your taste!!! Only thing I find exceptional out of that list is caliper covers. For a V6 that doesn't track or race, you don't need 4 piston Brembos. 2 pistons are plenty usually. So making them look nice is about all you need. I was going to paint mine, but the look of the Ford calipers on the 6s are BAD. So Caliper Covers were my only choice. And they aren't exactly cheap either.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

So now we are plasti dipping fake carbon fiber anything? Come on man. One of these days you will find out you can't save the world one plasti-dip at a time. If you want to own a car that you never see anyone modding the above way, I guess you better start saving. Maybe you can buy a classic old fart mobile. Mustang will always be an entry level sports car which translates to entry level people doing entry level mods.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #11
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
So now we are plasti dipping fake carbon fiber anything? Come on man. One of these days you will find out you can't save the world one plasti-dip at a time. If you want to own a car that you never see anyone modding the above way, I guess you better start saving. Maybe you can buy a classic old fart mobile. Mustang will always be an entry level sports car which translates to entry level people doing entry level mods.
I can definitely understand that. Heck, I have even seen plastidipped Corvette rims for sale.

Just so long as I am not doing it to my own stuff, that is all that concerns me. Everyone else can do what they want. IDGAF!
Old 09-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Wow! Multiple posts!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Wish that was the biggest problem in my life!!!! I may be a "newbie" on this forum, but I've been working on cars (including mustangs) for over 30 years and have done over 20 ground up Restorations. I'm assuming every one joined this forum to get informed, help out, and maybe brag a little. And it's awesome! It's a sense of community, something we all have in common and enjoy! I could care less if something was posted for the hundredth time. I enjoy reading each and every post, sometimes they make me giggle a bit when they are plasticoating this and that, but so what! To each their own. Relax and enjoy the moment! You never know if and when your life might drastically change for the worst! My 16 year old daughters brain surgery was just over 3 months ago, she's doing well, and only has a few memory problems now. I went and bought her an old 95 mustang a month ago. Red just like her old man's 2014. She's been working on it and even changed the water pump all by herself!!!! That's what it's all about.... passing on the love of cars to the next generation! You have to put up with about of questions and be patient! Just my 2 cents.
TroyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
I came as fast as I could! I heard there was a serious burn victim!
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB View Post
Wow! Multiple posts!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Wish that was the biggest problem in my life!!!! I may be a "newbie" on this forum, but I've been working on cars (including mustangs) for over 30 years and have done over 20 ground up Restorations. I'm assuming every one joined this forum to get informed, help out, and maybe brag a little. And it's awesome! It's a sense of community, something we all have in common and enjoy! I could care less if something was posted for the hundredth time. I enjoy reading each and every post, sometimes they make me giggle a bit when they are plasticoating this and that, but so what! To each their own. Relax and enjoy the moment! You never know if and when your life might drastically change for the worst! My 16 year old daughters brain surgery was just over 3 months ago, she's doing well, and only has a few memory problems now. I went and bought her an old 95 mustang a month ago. Red just like her old man's 2014. She's been working on it and even changed the water pump all by herself!!!! That's what it's all about.... passing on the love of cars to the next generation! You have to put up with about of questions and be patient! Just my 2 cents.
When I first joined I tried I really did to use the search. I'm a tech guy, I know my way around software, networks, and servers. I don't mean to be *****y but I put in a simple phrase in search and got hundreds of hits that weren't even close to the information I was hunting. So I started a new thread. I was expecting to get razed for being a newbie AND starting a new thread, but that didn't happen. Everyone here was tolerant and polite. I am very thankful to the senior admins and everyone else for not flaming me!
scurfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

could be painful when peeling it off
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
I can definitely understand that. Heck, I have even seen plastidipped Corvette rims for sale.

Just so long as I am not doing it to my own stuff, that is all that concerns me. Everyone else can do what they want. IDGAF!

kevin,
when they do it only makes our old school mods standout more! to each his own.
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey TroyB,
I like what your saying,
Quote:
I hope your daughter will be as good as new soon. She sounds like a great car Girl and I hope she enjoys her Mustang as much as I enjoy mine.
Ronnie

PS: There are a few cranky people on here that don't understand that if you don't like a post or thread you don't have to read it or add to it. After a while you get to know who they are and can just laugh at them.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:32 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I came as fast as I could! I heard there was a serious burn victim!

Lmao
Old 09-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
well said troyb!
newedge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp511 View Post

You know, new people are coming onto these Forums all the time. In addition, new and improved answers are always coming out. Why would anyone want to use antiquated information? In addition, and maybe most importantly these discussions keep the Forums viable. There would be no floor for opinions and suggestions. Maybe some of us seen the same questions come up, but most of us read them anyway and sometimes are able to give advice to others.
I think we should show more patience, you cannot always find the thread your looking for in the search screen.

2014 GT Premium 200A, Black on black , leather , 6R80, Nav, Security. Pro Cal, HT catback exhaust 12.54@112
thelastsumurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

PS: There are a few cranky people on here that don't understand that if you don't like a post or thread you don't have to read it or add to it. After a while you get to know who they are and can just laugh at them.

You know it!!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Where did the OP go?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hihing head.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	191202
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Can someone tell me what exhaust is best or best hp mods for cheap.....
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:30 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
one of the reasons i use to be a mod for this site was to help the new v6 crowd get those type of questions answered without people like op making them feel bad about asking stuff. I'm back on the site after all my family stuff is taken care of. I may have stepped down as a mod during that time but im back to at least help the newer crowd feel wanted. You can do the same too OP. Remember at one point I bet you wondered what exhaust sounds good

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Wait wait, I have a question.

I just bought a 1996 GT automatic, I have a budget of $500, please tell me what to buy so I can beat a LS1.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #26
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Wait wait, I have a question.

I just bought a 1996 GT automatic, I have a budget of $500, please tell me what to buy so I can beat a LS1.
Lmao! Or - "I just installed longtubes, o/r X pipe, and Roush ABs. Can anyone tell my why my exhaust is loud and why I have a CEL now?"

That is ALWAYS my favorite one.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:14 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao! Or - "I just installed longtubes, o/r X pipe, and Roush ABs. Can anyone tell my why my exhaust is loud and why I have a CEL now?"

That is ALWAYS my favorite one.
well you could laugh at them or just give them the answer they need

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #28
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
well you could laugh at them or just give them the answer they need
I do if someone else hasn't done so already. But I find it funny because usually those people are the ones who have participated in other threads involving that same stuff! Anyways, yes, I do help as much as I can. And enjoy some laughs along the way.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Can I put 13/14 tail lights on my 12? Which exhaust doesn't drone? Should I run 87 or 93? Are tunes safe? Will xyz void my warranty? I smoked a xyz. Which CAI is best and gives huge gains? I got pulled over / I did something stupid but the cop is a dik not me. Which OIL is best? American Muscle sux / is awesome. Which short throw? Which LCA? My TPMS doesn't work. Why do I have a CEL and this code? Bama sux / rocks. How much you pay for insurance?
Did I miss any?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Can I put 13/14 tail lights on my 12? Which exhaust doesn't drone? Should I run 87 or 93? Are tunes safe? Will xyz void my warranty? I smoked a xyz. Which CAI is best and gives huge gains? I got pulled over / I did something stupid but the cop is a dik not me. Which OIL is best? American Muscle sux / is awesome. Which short throw? Which LCA? My TPMS doesn't work. Why do I have a CEL and this code? Bama sux / rocks. How much you pay for insurance?
Did I miss any?

Only your favorite. I just plasti dipped my wheels what do you think?

I honestly don't know why you even come to these forums if your so annoyed.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:27 AM   #31
Kevin.Cook

I said it before and I will say it again, I got nothin but love for my M.E. peeps. LOL!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

can we just get this thread moved to a non tech section

Old 09-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #33
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
can we just get this thread moved to a non tech section
Haha. Welcome back! Hope you enjoy this possibly different M.E. culture.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only your favorite. I just plasti dipped my wheels what do you think?

I honestly don't know why you even come to these forums if your so annoyed.
I'm not annoyed for real. I just act that way on the internet sometimes. In all seriousness though, I just want to promote Mustang owners to go the extra mile with mods they would be more proud of standing next to at a real show and not Walmart parking lot gatherings on Saturday nights.
Or even when they just stand in their own garage or driveway enjoying a cold one and looking at their own Mustang.
Let the Camaros own the discount auto accessory aisle at Autozone.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I'm not annoyed for real. I just act that way on the internet sometimes. In all seriousness though, I just want to promote Mustang owners to go the extra mile with mods they would be more proud of standing next to at a real show and not Walmart parking lot gatherings on Saturday nights.

Or even when they just stand in their own garage or driveway enjoying a cold one and looking at their own Mustang.

Let the Camaros own the discount auto accessory aisle at Autozone.

What's that saying...you get more bees with honey? People don't respond to insults or snide comments. If you truly want to help these individuals who have made choices you believe to be sub par you should explain why in an intelligent manor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion