What do you guys do with your old parts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What do you guys do with your old parts?

Just curious. Usually we mustang evolution swap out OEM parts for better aftermarket parts. What do you do with the old parts? You can either sell or keep smaller parts for spares, but what about things like stock driveshafts or wheels or even hoods (if you got a new one). Local selling sites I guess?
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
SangheiliSpecOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Those things I would try to sell. Everything I have pulled off of my car is sitting in my garage but it honestly should be trashed lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I have every piece I have ever taken off my car including hardware in my shed. Just in case. Whatever that means.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Keep ALL my old stuff just in case I ever wanted to go back to stock.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I bought a 2014 GT new. With every mod I've done I kept the stock part and every single nut and bolt. Figure if I sell it someday that person may want to be able to put it back to stock. Boxed and bagged everything. Kept every piece of documentation. Original brochure, window sticker etc.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
keep them,if you get rid of them you will need them the next day
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Save all of mine also. Inside the storage shed and the boxes also. If I decide to sell, I will give the new owner all of the stock parts I have.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
All my stock stuff becomes friends with a dumpster. Only thing I didn't throw away was my stock gears, injectors

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I am really glad that I saved all of my take off parts in various storage locations all over southeastern Virginia. I needed them to put humpty dumpty back together post destruction by my previous co-driver.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Wow i'm honestly surprised that mostly everyone keeps all of their stock stuff! I have everything laying around as well and was thinking about getting rid of it but I guess I'll keep everything. Certain things like my stock shaker 500 amps and headunit, engine bay prop rod and oem air intake, and stock mufflers won't ever make their way back on this GT so I may sell those. Reverting back to stock form would take waaaaay to many hours to do XD
2008 Windveil Blue Manual GT. BAMA 91 Performance Tune. LED Starter Button, Retro Shift Knob, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Ebay CAI LOL, MMD Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Rear Spoiler, Raxiom Gen5 Taillights, LED Third Brake light, MMD Hood Louvers, MRT Rear window louvers, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel, SR Performance Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line, Dot 5.1 brake fluid ftw, JLT Oil Separator, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, SR Performance Rear Shock Tower Brace, Triton V3 Switchback turnsignals... etc etc
Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangheiliSpecOp View Post
Wow i'm honestly surprised that mostly everyone keeps all of their stock stuff! I have everything laying around as well and was thinking about getting rid of it but I guess I'll keep everything. Certain things like my stock shaker 500 amps and headunit, engine bay prop rod and oem air intake, and stock mufflers won't ever make their way back on this GT so I may sell those. Reverting back to stock form would take waaaaay to many hours to do XD
The hours involved was the only thing that kept my wallet in my pocket after solo nationals, when guys were selling class winning Z06's for $16,000. At that price point, I was wondering why I bought a mustang.

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I hoard most of my old parts as well. I still have some parts for vehicles that I sold over 30 years ago! Lol.
Some parts that I've saved over the years have come in pretty handy! The rest? I'm getting sick of moving them around.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I hoard most of my old parts as well. I still have some parts for vehicles that I sold over 30 years ago! Lol.
Some parts that I've saved over the years have come in pretty handy! The rest? I'm getting sick of moving them around.
I hear you hoard Bullits as well
Old 09-24-2015, 11:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I hear you hoard Bullits as well
I know that I have a problem...
I don't want to talk about it right now.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I carefully take them off with the thought that it's worth X amount as a used item to somebody and way below a new price and then think I'm going to take pics and post it on here and then....
It sits in my garage forever. Until a random other forum member came to my house to buy my stock hood and then try to give him all these other parts for free.
And I live in the middle of no where near Canadian border so this was a truly one time opportunity to see a Mustang besides mine and a forum member.

And then..Recently, removed the chrome headlight switch cover and also chrome door lock switch covers because I'm not a fan and came with the car....looked on AM and was shocked that they sell for $25 and $30! I'm too lazy to try to sell them when they feel like $5 for both!
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I carefully take them off with the thought that it's worth X amount as a used item to somebody and way below a new price and then think I'm going to take pics and post it on here and then....
It sits in my garage forever. Until a random other forum member came to my house to buy my stock hood and then try to give him all these other parts for free.
And I live in the middle of no where near Canadian border so this was a truly one time opportunity to see a Mustang besides mine and a forum member.

And then..Recently, removed the chrome headlight switch cover and also chrome door lock switch covers because I'm not a fan and came with the car....looked on AM and was shocked that they sell for $25 and $30! I'm too lazy to try to sell them when they feel like $5 for both!
Plasti dip it and then sell it
Old 09-25-2015, 02:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Plasti dip it and then sell it
Shots fired! I asked for it though... Probably many times
Old 09-25-2015, 02:14 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Shots fired! I asked for it though... Probably many times
Lol I just like giving people hard times
Old 09-25-2015, 02:23 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I just like giving people hard times
I can take it and it's deserved for all the hate I spew about the dip. I'm try to not be as much of a rude dude about it though but still promote a higher standard for Mustang mods. I'm slowly letting it be ok though that the dip does work for some people and I'm not the anti dip crusader.

Don't forget to ask my opinion about CAI's ! I'm all about that.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Most of the parts I've taken off are gone...given away...sold...put in the trash.
I wouldn't have the time or energy to put it back to stock.....I think I still have the stock driveline, sound tube, LCA's, front swaybar and stock cloth interior sitting in the garage waiting for the scrap man...
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

They are in my garage and wondered if I should just trash. 3 weeks ago my Eaton Trulock differential needed replaced. I had stock put back in... good as new lol. Keep them in case. you wont get squat for them anyway
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I like to snag stock V6 grills and post them for sale on here for like $200.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I keep everything, I have a track record of getting a different car every year or two. I just get bored.
I'm over a year in with the mustang though and I'm still pretty content.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin1337 View Post
I keep everything, I have a track record of getting a different car every year or two. I just get bored.
I'm over a year in with the mustang though and I'm still pretty content.
Whenever you get bored with a Mustang, you just add another mod! And there's always another mod available...
Old 10-02-2015, 11:22 AM   #25
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I look at it's value and figure in the value of the used Mod part and factor in how much effort it is to swap the part out.

I've sold more stuff than I would have figured I'd be able to (stock exhaust and intake) I still have my OEM base model spkrs and shifter if anyone wants them

I do tend to buy used if possible (exhaust/CAI/wheels/MGW) and I have a pile of used/never installed stuff to do my suspension when I have time.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

With my past cars I always keep what I think I might need in the future If I'm still under factory warranty to return back to stock. If past warrant I try to sell those parts I don't need on ebay or craiglist/forums.
kapcan2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Good discussion. For the smaller stuff (LCAs, PHB, end links, etc.), I've just saved them since they don't take too much space. For the bigger stuff (stock POS driveshaft, and soon stock hood), I usually hang onto them for a bit, then try to sell them to offset some of the mod cost.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I used to sell all my factory stuff but with this car I have kept everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I just toss them here and there... wheels all over the place... been tripping over my factory midpipe for a while on the floor in my shed. Need to find a good place to prop it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Collectively, all of the members of this website could probably have a pretty decent Mustang parts Swap meet.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Collectively, all of the members of this website could probably have a pretty decent Mustang parts Swap meet.
"I'll give you a 4 springs and a sway bar for that driveshaft"

lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion