Be careful for GEICO!!! READ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Be careful for GEICO!!! READ

So I have had the usualy aftermarket coverage on my stang forever. Up to $5,000 coverage. that was at Progressive and at Geico. I am getting up there in Mods so I called Geico to see if I could up the coverage. The asked for receipt and a list of Mods.

They are dropping me. and wont cover anything other than base car if I wreck before I switch. They didn't just say no they are DROPPING me? They said the Mods make them nervous. I said I should have just kept quiet and they said they MAY have denied claim if I had the mods and didnt tell them. WTF?!?!? checking around now.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #2
Kevin.Cook

That's weird. I added Aftermarket Coverage on my car and still with Geico. I pay like $2 more a month for almost $3,000 in coverage. Maybe they have a threshold before you become a "concern". Of course, I only had them warranty all the cosmetic stuff - Spoiler, wheels, diffuser, chin splitter, leather seats, etc.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Just do NOT send them anything that has an engine mod. that was their issue. regardless of asking to cover it or not
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #4
Kevin.Cook

Ahh gotcha. Yea I didn't mention anything like that. Just the cosmetics. I sold off my BBK TB and Airaid CAI so not much going on there anymore. LOL
Old 10-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wow that really flipping sucks man...I have never heard of this and now I am concerned for the future for my car. Granted I don't have nearly as much done to mine compared to yours but doesn't mean mine wont get like that one day.

I have StateFarm and I am pretty certain mine is covered for $4-5K in aftermarket parts but now Im wondering what the "catch" is...

Keep us posted man, this is some serious BS!

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Also... for ALL. They said that with all aftermarket parts the coverage or lack there of is decided by the adjustor at the time of claim. I was told this by Essurance as well. Call you company and ask what is covered by that and how they decide what to pay out. All very enlightening lasst two days. Call and know whats up before you need it.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Call Grundy insurance, They do insure newer specialty cars and you won't get the cheap insurance that the classics and street rods get but at least you will know your mods are insured.
You probably will have to send pictures and Mod Receipts.
Do "NOT" tell them you race, Just let them know you drive to car shows and cruises.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
This unless they drop you, means they won't cover your aftermarket parts if you are responsible for a wreck or use your Uninsured Motorist?

I also am with Geico. They would cover my rims and tires but started cringing as I listed other parts. I have two cars and because of No tickets and No accidents, they still will cover me. At full coverage for 2 cars, with 100 deductible for both, I will stay with them.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I had a 2014 Roush Stage 3 and Geico told me they would not renew my insurance on that car...they would continue to insure my other 3 cars, but Geico stated they would only cover the Mustang using the VIN...basically a GT Premium, but nothing Roush. Dropped Geico and went Allstate.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion