Looks like the new Camaro is emphasizing their new V6, while Ford ignores theirs. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I was invited along on a presser by a colleague. Was seriously a once in a lifetime thing. Maybe. I actually applied for a job there since lol(im retired)

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 12:28 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
The Camaro's beltline is more like an Empire Waist.......yes, I just made that analogy.....OK, maybe better would be to picture an old man with his pants pulled up too high..........
In fact, a Challenger is a little easier to see out of and know where the corners are than the Camaro.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I thought my next car would be a camaro as I don tcare for the new mustangs at all, but after reading this thread I might just look for a used 2014 camaro with very low mileage.
siggy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy14 View Post
I thought my next car would be a camaro as I don tcare for the new mustangs at all, but after reading this thread I might just look for a used 2014 camaro with very low mileage.
Why not a 11-14 Mustang GT?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Why not a 11-14 Mustang GT?
Opps that is what I meant, dang too early in the morning... To be clear I will look for a used 2014 mustang GT convertible.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Opps that is what I meant, dang too early in the morning... To be clear I will look for a used 2014 mustang GT convertible.
I'd take a look at all the 11-14s unless you simply have to have the newest. But a LOT of garaged Coyotes out there. Good way to save money and headache is to look at some of the bigger Mustang forum classifieds and see if someone is selling a 11-14 near you. Very often it will have been garaged or if not VERY often you can look back in the seller's post history to see how the car was treated and get an idea if they were a moron or not. Buying off a lot you have no idea if the person before you had their head all the way up their *** or not.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd take a look at all the 11-14s unless you simply have to have the newest. But a LOT of garaged Coyotes out there. Good way to save money and headache is to look at some of the bigger Mustang forum classifieds and see if someone is selling a 11-14 near you. Very often it will have been garaged or if not VERY often you can look back in the seller's post history to see how the car was treated and get an idea if they were a moron or not. Buying off a lot you have no idea if the person before you had their head all the way up their *** or not.
I just picked up a 2011 with 50K miles, I just mean if I go to get a newer with less mileage, so far loving my 2011.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I just picked up a 2011 with 50K miles, I just mean if I go to get a newer with less mileage, so far loving my 2011.
Condition is more important than miles TBTH. If yours is really nice with only 50k I would not get rid of it for literally the same car (minus a few cosmetics) that is an unknown for you. That's just me.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #44
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Got a 2011 that I just love...will probably be buried in it. Had a 2013 that just never grew on me. Did not like the front end or white interior, I should never have bought it in the first place. I just traded it on a 2016. Jury's still out but this could become my new favorite Mustang ever.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Condition is more important than miles TBTH. If yours is really nice with only 50k I would not get rid of it for literally the same car (minus a few cosmetics) that is an unknown for you. That's just me.
Oh I am talking 3 or 4 years down the road, perfectly happy so far and the few minor tweeks on the 2014 is not enough to convince me to get on now.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
For some reason the windows on the camaro reminds me of the windows on a brinks truck
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
For some reason the windows on the camaro reminds me of the windows on a brinks truck
I love the way the mustangs look and I love the way the Camaro looks, but never drove in one but it seems like everyone says they are a pain with those windows. I also have no clue about their model system but it seems like they tend to be more expensive then the mustangs.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Id be interested in a v6 thats dressed up like the premium gts. Unlike the 4banger i can make a cyclone sound good. But i guess ima have to wait for the roush v6 to drop a good amount in price before i can consider a 2015+
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

You know after looking at the convertible 2016 online I think I could get into it. So I might have options later on.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
You know after looking at the convertible 2016 online I think I could get into it. So I might have options later on.
We love our convertible GT........which engine are you considering?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We love our convertible GT........which engine are you considering?
I have a 2011 GT Convertible already, when I go to replace this car, maybe in 3 years I would also go for a GT, Love the V8
Old 12-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Found both online - Found one on Car Guru's 1/2 hour from where we live the convertible and then found the coupe on AutoTraders.com in Northern GA. Never figured to have 2 but my husband fell in love with mine and wanted one of his own the small maroon pick-up in the background of his picture is our 2001 S10 Chevy ext cab 4X4 - for our winter driving needs. But now we are enjoying the mild weather (until net week with his) Mine has been tucked away for the winter since 2nd weekend of November.

I have 2 2014 GT/CS Premiums and one is a convertible (she is mine the other is my husbands coupe with panoramic glass top. Get the Premium and if you can find a Cali Special - I love her look over a regular 2014 GT. Don't like the fog lights in the middle of the grill and not fond of the rear spoiler. All things I suppose you could change. But the convertible was a birthday gift from my husband and we love it to death. If I could have anything added to it other than the Corsa Sport GT500 Quad Axleback and valance I put on - wow she sounds fabulous. I would look for the Navigation system - I know alot of people think it isn't necessary - but we have it in the coupe and love it. I now am going to buy an aftermarket Raxiom Navigation system with back-up camera (I can't tell the back end of the car or the front ) and wish I had the original touch Ford like my husband has - I know it's not perfect but neither is the Raxiom. With the convertible being our fun summer car for trips etc - it only makes sense to have the navigation system in mine. Just a few thoughts from an owner.

Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
I have 2 2014 GT/CS Premiums and one is a convertible (she is mine the other is my husbands coupe with panoramic glass top. Get the Premium and if you can find a Cali Special - I love her look over a regular 2014 GT. Don't like the fog lights in the middle of the grill and not fond of the rear spoiler. All things I suppose you could change. But the convertible was a birthday gift from my husband and we love it to death. If I could have anything added to it other than the Corsa Sport GT500 Quad Axleback and valance I put on - wow she sounds fabulous. I would look for the Navigation system - I know alot of people think it isn't necessary - but we have it in the coupe and love it. I now am going to buy an aftermarket Raxiom Navigation system with back-up camera (I can't tell the back end of the car or the front ) and wish I had the original touch Ford like my husband has - I know it's not perfect but neither is the Raxiom. With the convertible being our fun summer car for trips etc - it only makes sense to have the navigation system in mine. Just a few thoughts from an owner.

I am the opposite, I prefer the fogs in the grill and do not care for the rims on the CS, I do like the spoiler better on the CS though, but the one on the regular GT does not bother me.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I have a 2011 GT Convertible already, when I go to replace this car, maybe in 3 years I would also go for a GT, Love the V8
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but regardless of Ford saying "they are committed to the V8 in the Mustang"...............I can see the V8 being phased out within 3 to 5 years.
CAFE ratings are simply going to be the driving force in engine selection and mpg ratings sooner than we think................53 mpg corporate average within 9 years!!
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but regardless of Ford saying "they are committed to the V8 in the Mustang"...............I can see the V8 being phased out within 3 to 5 years.
CAFE ratings are simply going to be the driving force in engine selection and mpg ratings sooner than we think................53 mpg corporate average within 9 years!!
I am sure it will keep getting put off, but even if they dont offer a V8 I will just find a used one with low mileage.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am sure it will keep getting put off, but even if they dont offer a V8 I will just find a used one with low mileage.
Thee loopholes in that make it really about 45, and it's a fleet average.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Its just like them boasting that they are still using steel for their trucks while Ford is using aluminum. In a few years they are going to realize it and switch over and then boast about how they were the originals and how they do it the best.
I am pretty sure you mixed them up with Apple. lol.
Had 5 Mustangs. the last two were a Black 2012 GT/CS lowered, custom wheels, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster Outlaws, BAMA tune, MMD hood struts, Raxiom Black Halo headlights, 13-14 tail lights, & Raxiom Taillight adapters. Removed the 2012 GT/CS stripe (black on black sucks) Replaced with 13-14 Silver GT/CS stripes. I now have a 2015 Magnetic Gray Premium GT with Performance Pack, Borla's, Velgen 20" wheels with Nitto Invos with 275's up front,and 295's in the rear. Airaid CAI, JLT oil separator.
C013RA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #58
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by C013RA View Post
I am pretty sure you mixed them up with Apple. lol.
lol, i can agree there. Even though i just did go from a 5 to a 6 and i do like it better.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion