Used 2014 mustang gt w/ low miles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2015, 02:00 AM   #1

Region: California
Used 2014 mustang gt w/ low miles

Currently in the market for a mustang gt. I like the 2013-14 body styles and i saw this ad. It has low miles and has a decent low price. Since you guys are more seasoned and knowledgeable on mustangs and cars than i am... Would this deal be good enough to hop on? Dont wanna buy a lemon.

http://www.sunnyvaleford.com/used-ca...-2dr-car-22235
New Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Have the Mustang inspected by an independent shop/mechanic (this will cost you, but it's worth it if it saves you from getting into costly repairs down the road); not the dealership that is selling it if you do not trust them. Are they providing a warranty? Some dealers offer a 30 day. If this dealership refuses your request to have the car inspected by an independent party, then you have your answer, and walk away from the deal.

Do you have a knowledge friend in the area that can go with you to examine the Mustang? That too can be helpful
Old 11-19-2015, 04:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Here's some Yelp reviews on their dealership. If the car turns out to be good you might not want to go their for service. Also some bad reviews on them being pushy.Sunnyvale Ford Lincoln - 35 Photos - Car Dealers - 650 E El Camino Real - Sunnyvale, CA - Reviews - Yelp
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 04:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Used 2014 mustang gt w/ low miles

Low miles and it has after market wheels and seems to be lowered. If everything checks out that car is priced very well and would be a good purchase in my book. You could more than likely get them to drop the price a bit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The price is to high. The dealer that's selling my 2011 I traded in with an auto is listed for under $25,000.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
tell them you want an "OASIS" report on it which is Fords record of work they did. as mentioned it looks to have a few aftermarket bits on it (nice looking bits) but IF the previous owner tuned it some of the power train wtty MAY be void. get in writing it has NOT been tuned nice looking ride
Old 11-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
About correct for market value. Could probably come down a bit.
A few aftermarket parts visible, probably more under hood and exhaust.
20" wheels obviously aftermarket. Find out how the speedometer was corrected and while you're at it, question dealer on possibility of aftermarket tune. Either currently or previously. A previous tune will leave a trace that may have an impact to your factory warranty, down the road. Ask dealer what protection you have that a tune was never done to it. They should check and certify that it never had an aftermarket tune.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
The price is too high!
I would check the VIN for the drivers side air bag recall!
The Mustang has been lowered, has aftermarket mufflers and obvious that it has aftermarket wheels. It is a base Mustang, not Premium and although it has the Tech Package....that is not rare at all. It does have the Recaro seats and no Brembo brake package...most of the 13/14 Mustangs I've seen with Recaro's had upgraded brakes also...this doesn't.
I lived in San Jose for a lot of years and this dealer does have a reputation...and not all good.
The car is still under Ford 3/36000 bumper to bumper and as long as it doesn't have a tune it will be honored.
I think the car should sell for $24k...at most $25k. I just sold my 14 TrakPak Mustang with 10,400 miles for what they are asking for this......Go for a ride and see how it drives and feels....I'd look for a Ford dealer that has a good reputation and take it them for evaluation.....since they are not selling it they will be more than happy to tell what is wrong or right....IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #9

Region: California
Thanks for all the help....yes i noticed the spoiler, black rims, shift knob and had a feeling that the guy before probably enjoyed it a bit. I live in sacramento and so even coming in to just test drive would be a drive for me. Im goibg to continue looking though, i may even look for an s550 since those are starting to grow on me the more i see them. Thanks everyone
New Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2014 mustang