Question about BAMA tune / OBDII monitoring - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Region: Washington
Question about BAMA tune / OBDII monitoring

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a tune for my 2010 auto V6 premium vert. which has 46K and is bone stock. I'll most likely end up running 93 race tune most of the time; my commute allows for some twisties and spirited driving thru rural 45-50 MPH backroads.

I also run a Samsung tablet with gauges to measure OBDII parameters - I currently monitor my intake, water, and tranny temps along with voltage, MPG.

I understand that these tunes are somewhat generic, and I want to make sure that the tune received isn't putting any undue stress on any of the car's components due to some slight difference between my car and the norm.

What OBD parameters should I start monitoring now, in stock configuration, so I can assess any influence the tune has by comparison afterwards? I know, for example, that it's possible to 'over-lean' the engine - how can I use the data available through the OBDII port to keep an eye out?

dorkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
I would look at knock, timing, air fuel ratio. Stuff like that just to start in sure there's lots more
hitmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion