Thinking about new Mustang- Old ride questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Region: South Carolina
Thinking about new Mustang- Old ride questions

So I am considering a 2016 GT Premium convertible and have decided on all the options I want and even located a few cars.

What to do with the 2011 V-6 Premium Convertible. 28500 miles and garage kept weekender. I own my car so I could sell it myself but that can sometimes be a hassle.

If I take it to the dealer to trade do I remove my Bama tune and set it back to stock? Do I remove the CAI?

Kevin C.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
b2673ad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Connecticut
I would remove the CAI and tune before you sell it. If for no other reason, they will not add any value to the car and you can sell them separately.

2016 New England Fall Cruise is November 5th Check out this thread:
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Don't trade it in to the dealer. You won't get what you want for it or what it's worth. Do you have the option of keeping it? If the GT's not a vert, it may still be worth keeping.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

Region: Massachusetts
You also might have trouble selling/trading the old one if the it's affected by the open Takata airbag recall.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Since it is paid off I would sell it. Use NADA and Edmunds true car price and also KBB to get a feel of what they are going for. Also since it is winter you will have more trouble selling it and get less so if you can wait till it gets warm in the spring time to sell it.

I would take off the tune and CAI and dont even tell who you are selling that you had it on as some people feel that you beat on the car or raced it with that setup.
siggy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
Registered Member

Region: Oregon
Personally I'd take out the tune and replace the aftermarket CAI with the stock CAI.
Here on the Right Coast I believe your car would be about $15/16k if you were to sell it to a private party. I would think if you take it to the dealer he would offer you maybe $11k...............I'd take it to the dealer and see what kind of deal you could get. As I mentioned before on another thread is I've seen dealers come off sticker by up to $ never know unless you try. If you can't strike a deal then sell it was said earlier winter time is not the best time to sell a convertible............and again you never know until you try.
Good Luck
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #7
Region: New Jersey
He's in South Carolina, its not going to be as slow to sell a car like that in January as it is in places up north.

Definitely sell it unless the dealer is giving you some sort of deal on the 2016 that is too good to pass up.

And yes, remove your CAI and sell it. You can keep your tuner and get a new set of tunes burnt for the 2016. Would recommend against another CAI for the 2016, they don't do anything (neither does the one on your V6).

2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion