Functional 'fog' lights finally! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Wyoming
Functional 'fog' lights finally!

I have an 02 GT that I've owned for a few years now. One of my pet peeves with it has been the 'fog' lights in the lower bumper. Even with new brighter bulbs they're beyond useless. Even of a fully dark road and no headlights on, I could barely tell they were on.

But over the last couple weeks I've been doing some updating and getting the entire car ready for a color change. In my shopping I came across these.

I went back and forth on them for quite a while, vs just spending a few bucks for new lenses on the stockers. But since I'm replacing all the lights on the car with projectors and LED's I decide to give them a shot. I hadn't heard of them before and they're not in most of my normal shopping areas so I really had LOW expectations. But they kind of matched the new headlights so... I finally got them in the day before yesterday.

I first plugged in the side lights and boy were my already low expectations undermined. I've seen sick fireflies put out more light. Fortunately I had a few LED's left over from swapping out the lights in the 3rd brake light, and they fit just fine. So 1 problem solved.

Then I moved to the main light and I was pleasantly surprised. They are BRIGHT. The beam appears to be a driving beam instead of a fog, which is what I wanted anyway. I took my screw driver to it and found the main is a 55w H3 with a cutoff built into the lens so it shouldn't blind any worse than a low beam. I didn't have my camera when I fired it up, but the factory fog in my 100% dark shop was about pointless, and these lit things up nicely. I'll post some pics when the car is back together.

I'd been toying with putting a projector in the fog lights place, happy I don't have to fab up anything at this point!

Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Interesting. Have not seen those before. I do like how they mimic the factory shape and use the same style mounting bracket.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion