Old Classic or New Coyote ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2016, 11:12 PM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
67 Mustang

This car would be a good starting point.......nice original plain jane Mustang.
Since I live in Oregon cars up here tend to have a little more rust than down your way....unless the car came from Montery or some place on the coast....the car I restored came from California and had a fair amount of rust in the rear quarters and drivers floor..............old cars are a crap shoot........and bringing the suspension and drivetrain to todays standard is not cheap..........IMHO
Anyone else see the part off to the right that says Diesel next to fuel type? lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016, 11:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I saw that lol
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I love old muscle cars. 1970 is the last year i have any use for, and i was born in 76.

Having said that, now that I'm not a kid anymore, new for a daily driver. And classic for the weekend. I have had more than 1 classic muscle car and will have more, but I can't nit have newer features for my daily.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Oh man, not a coyote but wow

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5454975093.html

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5454975093.html

I think the only down side to that car is the fact that it's still a stock bottom end 3V. But it does look like a gorgeous ride.

As far as the original topic I would buy a coyote. As sweet as the classics are I wouldn't want to deal with the inherent issues that come with owning a classic
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

One of a Kind, 2006 Mustang GT, Shelby GT500 Tribute

Lmfao 86k with a stock bottom end for $25k? I've seen real 07-09 GT500s with that mileage sell for $24k. Guy is smoking crack. You can get a cherry low mileage one for $28k if you are patient.

You can also get a real nice low mileage 11-14 car for low $20k range nowadays as well. I wouldn't even give that car the time of day personally. I mean it looks great but... would have to be substantially cheaper like in the $17k range to be worth it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Old Classic or New Coyote ?

Good luck to him. Pity the buyer.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lmfao 86k with a stock bottom end for $25k? I've seen real 07-09 GT500s with that mileage sell for $24k. Guy is smoking crack. You can get a cherry low mileage one for $28k if you are patient.

You can also get a real nice low mileage 11-14 car for low $20k range nowadays as well. I wouldn't even give that car the time of day personally. I mean it looks great but... would have to be substantially cheaper like in the $17k range to be worth it.
Fully agree, and keyword is patient. Asking prices never mean much tho, especially with stacks of $100 bills in hand.

Love the color, and Shelby Sig/story on this one, but ya, ain't for me.
I have this issue with mustang taillights anyways lol...I can't stand 65-66, any foxbody (yes , I said that) 94-98 and 05-10...I've always been partial to 67-68, 69, 99-04 and recently 11-14 (prefer 12-13) I'm sure someone else feels the exact opposite, lol, and that's the joy of personal opinions. Might start a thread regarding this

I know I said I wouldn't buy a sixer either, but damn, they're way more affordable in every way (aside from coyote power)
initial cost/ins/gas all major $$ savers

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/5462694474.html

I'll just keep rolling the 04 and window shopping and throwing ideas in the air and interwebs rather than $$ for now

Nice one owned old school
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5479936266.html

Old 03-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

I'll take that Cougar. 4 speed swap and that'll do it!

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Fully agree, and keyword is patient. Asking prices never mean much tho, especially with stacks of $100 bills in hand.

Love the color, and Shelby Sig/story on this one, but ya, ain't for me.
I have this issue with mustang taillights anyways lol...I can't stand 65-66, any foxbody (yes , I said that) 94-98 and 05-10...I've always been partial to 67-68, 69, 99-04 and recently 11-14 (prefer 12-13) I'm sure someone else feels the exact opposite, lol, and that's the joy of personal opinions. Might start a thread regarding this

I know I said I wouldn't buy a sixer either, but damn, they're way more affordable in every way (aside from coyote power)
initial cost/ins/gas all major $$ savers

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/5462694474.html

I'll just keep rolling the 04 and window shopping and throwing ideas in the air and interwebs rather than $$ for now

Nice one owned old school
1967 mercury cougar

Some of your years you have confused I think... 12-13 was the changeover from 10-12 to the final 13/14 update... anyway, there are a LOT more ppl than will admit that don't like the foxbody style. I could take them of leave them. Although I do know I'm weird in that I like the 94-98 body style a LOT but you need to get them just right like my 98 was.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:53 AM   #46
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog View Post
It's like 50/50; an old one won't depreciate, but has less features & there are replacement parts; but a new one has a warranty & more features.
I say get an old one, 'cause when the next new one comes out, you will want it.
Have 1 old & 1 newer one.

If an old one & a new one drove by you, which would you notice more?
i'm guessing the old(?)
Excellent point on the "which would you notice more". How often do we see a nice classic being driven these days? Certainly turns my head.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:25 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Excellent point on the "which would you notice more". How often do we see a nice classic being driven these days? Certainly turns my head.
Furether to this point...

I get about 5-10 comments a week in parking lots and on the road in my Mustang but I have poured a TON into it. I drive my girlfriends sometimes and I get at least the same amount of wow power notice and it is basically a totally stock 66 GT. Of course I live in naples so it is usually the 60+ crowd for the classic, not always though
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

That's a classic for you.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Since I'm older than dirt.....I had muscle cars and classics when they were just cars and everyone else had them also.
My 14 TrakPak....after putting my touch on it....always got looks and attention but nothing like the Sprint Convertible or my ole Drag Car. When I used to haul the Maverick up and down the West Coast I'd always have people pull up alongside and give thumbs up or wave....and when I stopped at gas stations I'd become a one man car show....the same goes for the Sprint. Bucko is correct....here in the Northwest we aren't blessed with tons of sunny days and I for one have a DD to contend with rain and other weather conditions...so the other cars collect dust until the sun comes out...everyone of my friends does the same with their classic cars and hot rods...they are fair weather cars to have fun in and let other people enjoy looking at them and talking about them......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-21 12.54.29 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	198217   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	198219  

olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:18 AM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

TBTH, parts for the 60s/70s Mustangs are not super hard to get ahold of. There is still a lot of NOS at dealers, tons of repro parts out there, tons of good retrofit kits to throw a newer motor in. I can't believe with all the Coyote swap stuff it would be much harder to do that swap than one into say... a 2001 or something. Or just a 408 with an AOD and get your neck snapped at every light haha.

Also zero emissions laws to worry about whatsoever with a classic.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Yup, classic is the answer, finding her is the task. I've DD classics my entire life up until 2010 when I got the new edge, wish the guy hadn't came all the way from Germany to buy my 72 torino sport, or I'd still have it smh... This one's all ready to go has all the work done but unfortunately they shaved the door handles etc, etc, bunch of stuff I don't want... Not to mention the price, ugggg.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Torino-...m=322021243169

That's what I'm after tho, something that has already been completely done

Old 03-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

Does look nice. But I agree not a fan of the shaved handles on that body.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

Having sold a "real" 68 Z28 to Sweden, my 70 drag car to New Zealand and my Model A hot rod to Finland.....I totally understand how hard it is when they bring a suitcase full of $100 bills.
I think the 67/68 Torino's are really neat cars....a friend had a factory OE 427 68 years ago he bought in 71....and my favorite Torino's are the 70 to 72...I also really like the Ranchero's of the same vintage.
From what I've seen lately on prices of Torino's you may have to look for a long time to find a fully restored one for $20k.........good luck with your search.

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...rino/100745872
Old 03-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

That's just an hour and a half away from me. Needs to be a floor shift manual though, with some buckets.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
That's just an hour and a half away from me. Needs to be a floor shift manual though, with some buckets.

Adventure till you drop.
Both easy to accomplish with a little time and $$....you young guys just have it too easy.........
Old 03-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
If you are mechanically inclined I would grab a classic "Driver". Very tempted to sell my 2011 and buy a Fox or 65-68 for a Daily. My full coverage insurance is about the same as a car payment... Hurts a lot but gotta pay to play.

My insurance is $4,320 a year for my full coverage on my 2011 GT (base model). (15K miles a year, 19 male in Texas). I wonder where my wallet went....

Mustang 1968

1966 Mustang 302 Engine

1968 Ford Mustang

1970 Ford Mustang Grande #111640

$4k per year for Ins. Ouch! My 2016 GT in NH is $1050,and that's all year full coverage including glass and towing! Ok just noticed your age, that's why (I'm 51). Still very high, my 20 year old daughter has a 2014 Camaro and pays $1,700 for full coverage in NH.
mhagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Both easy to accomplish with a little time and $$....you young guys just have it too easy.........

Already did that with my Challenger. But it was a floor shift auto. Not anymore! Rocking an unrestored pistol grip Hurst!

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I personally vote 11-14. It's my favorite body style outside the originals. If I'm going to buy a 60's model, it's going to be a full restomod. The only original parts will be body shell and interior. Everything else would be modern...which would cost far more than $20,000.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Quote:
Some of your years you have confused I think... 12-13 was the changeover from 10-12 to the final 13/14 update... anyway, there are a LOT more ppl than will admit that don't like the foxbody style. I could take them of leave them. Although I do know I'm weird in that I like the 94-98 body style a LOT but you need to get them just right like my 98 was.
Fox body, I'll openly admit to not liking them. At all. When I was younger I thought they had quit making mustangs. It was years later I found out I'd been seeing new ones all along, just couldn't tell them apart from every other box made during the same time
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagerty View Post
$4k per year for Ins. Ouch! My 2016 GT in NH is $1050,and that's all year full coverage including glass and towing! Ok just noticed your age, that's why (I'm 51). Still very high, my 20 year old daughter has a 2014 Camaro and pays $1,700 for full coverage in NH.
Having a 2016 GT fully insured for less than $100 is blowing my mind! I'm 42, with a perfect driving record but I doubt I'll see any type of rate like that in California. Even 1700 annually for your 20 year old daughter and new camaro is a remarkable rate..got to be the state you're in

Hmmm, I think I better get a quote on a 2013 GT with full coverage and see what happens

Old 03-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #61
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
Having a 2016 GT fully insured for less than $100 is blowing my mind! I'm 42, with a perfect driving record but I doubt I'll see any type of rate like that in California. Even 1700 annually for your 20 year old daughter and new camaro is a remarkable rate..got to be the state you're in

Hmmm, I think I better get a quote on a 2013 GT with full coverage and see what happens

here in Sask., our insurance is $100/mo. no matter what you drive; then you can get extra insurance, if you want.
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:00 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
We both have the sexiest Mustangs ever made (in our minds) 2014 GT/CS Premium Race Red with black accent and interior. Waited 35 years for my first Mustang and he waited 35 years for his first Mustang - took the 2014 both low miles ( and the depreciation off the price) as neither of us like the 2015 style. We will have them till we can no longer drive them! As for insurance - cheaper than for our 2006 Trai lBlazer and 2005 Buick LaCrosse!

Both Vert and Coupe 6 speed Corsa Sport Axleback GT500 Quad Exhaust, comfort package
GTGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
We both have the sexiest Mustangs ever made (in our minds) 2014 GT/CS Premium Race Red with black accent and interior. Waited 35 years for my first Mustang and he waited 35 years for his first Mustang - took the 2014 both low miles ( and the depreciation off the price) as neither of us like the 2015 style. We will have them till we can no longer drive them! As for insurance - cheaper than for our 2006 Trai lBlazer and 2005 Buick LaCrosse!

Awesome couple right here!! And sweet rides! I am slowly getting pulled towards a modern coyote...oh the struggles, baby steps......

Old 03-18-2016, 05:22 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGirl View Post
Great looking couple! And the cars are sweet too!
2012 Kona Blue GT Prem 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #65
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
TBTH, parts for the 60s/70s Mustangs are not super hard to get ahold of. There is still a lot of NOS at dealers, tons of repro parts out there, tons of good retrofit kits to throw a newer motor in. I can't believe with all the Coyote swap stuff it would be much harder to do that swap than one into say... a 2001 or something. Or just a 408 with an AOD and get your neck snapped at every light haha.

Also zero emissions laws to worry about whatsoever with a classic.
There are arguably more parts out there for the classic than the New Edge honestly lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There are arguably more parts out there for the classic than the New Edge honestly lol
I read they have reproduced literally EVERY part, panel, frame piece, nut and bolt for the 65, and you can literally build a brand new one from the ground up. But again, out of the $20k budget (and I don't care for those 64-66 taillights lol)
Might go look at this tomorrow..

Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I read they have reproduced literally EVERY part, panel, frame piece, nut and bolt for the 65, and you can literally build a brand new one from the ground up. But again, out of the $20k budget (and I don't care for those 64-66 taillights lol)
Might go look at this tomorrow..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1458351623543.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	198397  
Old 03-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Still window shopping, lovin both of these, but still undecided....the cyclone is basically my old torino with a better dash but uglier front end...have to drive down to Santa Cruz to check it out

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1459346993393.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	199018   Click image for larger version

Name:	1459347029744.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	199019  

Old 03-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #69
Registered Member

Regular

Ok! For me there wouldn't be anymore window shopping....I'd get 100 dollar bills and be headed towards the Comet....at least it looks like a Comet although could be a Maverick....take a look at my pictures and you will be able to tell why.
To me the Torino has been kind of trashed with the really low front...adjustable racing bucket seats....sounds like a want-to-be racer with a 2 ton car....Maverick and Comet are basically a little larger Mustang.........what you can do with the Mustang will interchange onto the Maverick/Comet....Love those cars!!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok! For me there wouldn't be anymore window shopping....I'd get 100 dollar bills and be headed towards the Comet....at least it looks like a Comet although could be a Maverick....take a look at my pictures and you will be able to tell why.
To me the Torino has been kind of trashed with the really low front...adjustable racing bucket seats....sounds like a want-to-be racer with a 2 ton car....Maverick and Comet are basically a little larger Mustang.........what you can do with the Mustang will interchange onto the Maverick/Comet....Love those cars!!!!
Yup, it's a 3 owner71 comet, fully restored in 08, still show worthy. Original 6cyl column shift swapped to a 306 with floor shift. Hes holding firm at $11500. My wife hates the color, and I do too, lol, wish it was the lighter maverick grabber green.

While on the hunt, I found this for $1000, and my brother just bought it...49 dodge coroner, he's been wanting a new project, running complete and fairly straight 49 for a Grand, not bad

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1459349607668.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	199021  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion