Old Classic or New Coyote ? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:42 AM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Is that cyclone an original spoiler car?

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #72
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
This a Very Nice, Very Original Torino....although mid five figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	227060_69a345550b_low_res.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	199028  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #73
Registered Member

Regular

Old Classic or New Coyote ?

Wow, that thing is pretty! I'll need to go check it out. I recognize that house, that dude sells a lot of classics.

Adventure till you drop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2016, 11:13 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Is that cyclone an original spoiler car?

Adventure till you drop.
I believe so, haven't seen it in person yet, lots of $$ in that ride, sucks cuz both the comet and the Cyclone are two hours in opposite directions from me .. the comet is the condition I'm looking for but the Cyclone is closer to the vehicle I'm looking for, both Fords tho, so I'd be happy with either one ...but I'm also going to look at a 2012 gt later today...shoppings never been so much fun

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

That cyclone would be the one I'd be after, personally. Top loader swap then perfect!

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Theres these too, which I used to hate, but have grown very found of in recent years, yes mustang II's lol (Cobra's only, and I'm thinking coyote swap) the white one is close to me (it's not a cobra tho not sure why it says it is, I'd tribute it anyways), and it's never been on the freeway owned by a 93 year old woman.
This yellow toy caught my eye as well. Wife said do whatever so I'm having a blast

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1459363714393.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	199030   Click image for larger version

Name:	1459363738556.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	199031  

Name:	1459363867933.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	199032  
Old 03-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #77
Registered Member

Regular

I could get used to a II. One of the people that actually like them. I'd want to do all sorts of evil witchcraft to it though. Hot rod is cool too, but not ideal for a daily.

Adventure till you drop.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #78
Registered Member

Regular

Like the Mustang II and the T-Bucket...well there not worth much, ride terrible and are really not safe....just a bare frame and glass body with very little there...real hot rodders run away from them...neat to build and could probably build a decent one for $20k....then they will worth half that when you finish.
I personally love the hunt and there are quite a few nice cars out their.
Come to the Mecum Auction in Portland June 17th and 18th....over 600 cars and you may even see some Mustangs in the bunch.

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...rick/100726943

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...rino/100733908
Old 06-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Still window shopping....dude has 6 65-68's in Sacramento, heading there now!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1466267714783.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	202621   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466267734424.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	202622  

Old 06-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #80
Registered Member

Regular

Not crazy about the "donk" wheels although looks nice from 20'.
Make sure you take a refrigerator magnet with you and check for bondo in the usual places and get a good look underneath the car....
Old 06-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Not crazy about the "donk" wheels although looks nice from 20'.

Make sure you take a refrigerator magnet with you and check for bondo in the usual places and get a good look underneath the car....

Don't forget a piece of paper to protect the paint with that magnet though. Don't want to damage it either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
As cool as it would be, if this is going to be a daily it would be a little bit crazy to go with the classic. I wouldn't do it at least. That's the kind of thing you just bring out on Sunday for a cruise.

'03 Mach 1 5spd
Fully forged Manley rods/pistons, Cobra crank, ARP hardware, 8.5:1, Procharger P1SC w/ intercooler, AFM power pipe, 60# injectors, 03/04 Cobra tank with dual fuel pumps, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, O/R X pipe and Flowmasters, Exedy stage 3 clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, Front and rear upper + lower control arms, Ford Racing springs, Bob Monks tune 448 rwhp @ 9 PSI
LaserRed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRed99 View Post
As cool as it would be, if this is going to be a daily it would be a little bit crazy to go with the classic. I wouldn't do it at least. That's the kind of thing you just bring out on Sunday for a cruise.
I work three blocks from home and drive only about 50 miles a month, I've always cruised classics daily, cars are meant to be driven !!

Still haven't found a worthy candidate yet though, sorta like the presidential elections

Old 06-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #84
Registered Member

Regular

Part of my "Fathers Day" was to attend the Mecum auction in Portland and although I was tempted to take my low mile 03 Cobra I have to say that I saw some really nice 67/73 Mustangs go across the block. Maybe I've been out of touch with the early Mustang market for too long...all of the "restored" Mustangs were going for $25k+ and I did see a 69 Grande Coupe w/351/4 barrel and factory 4 spd that was absolutely gorgeous...went for $29,500, 68 Coupe S Code 4 spd that went for $32k and very nice 68 GT w/both factory upper and lower consul along with factory 4spd go for $27 which in my mind was the one I would have taken home.
I did see some sub $20k Mustangs and none were restored. I did see a red 67 coupe with 289/4spd that was a good driver...it had 90k miles...I think it went for $18k.
Wishing you good luck on your search.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Classic can be daily driven just takes the right person. Are you really looking hard or just waiting for the perfect one?
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Part of my "Fathers Day" was to attend the Mecum auction in Portland and although I was tempted to take my low mile 03 Cobra I have to say that I saw some really nice 67/73 Mustangs go across the block. Maybe I've been out of touch with the early Mustang market for too long...all of the "restored" Mustangs were going for $25k+ and I did see a 69 Grande Coupe w/351/4 barrel and factory 4 spd that was absolutely gorgeous...went for $29,500, 68 Coupe S Code 4 spd that went for $32k and very nice 68 GT w/both factory upper and lower consul along with factory 4spd go for $27 which in my mind was the one I would have taken home.

I did see some sub $20k Mustangs and none were restored. I did see a red 67 coupe with 289/4spd that was a good driver...it had 90k miles...I think it went for $18k.

Wishing you good luck on your search.

Not to jack the thread but, I think this is due to the fact the it's a mecum auction, and an auction. Most nice driver cars in my area are on the low end of 20k for a fresh build and about 12-8k for a higher mileage build. I guess it also depends on the location but that seems to be the going rate in California
Old 06-23-2016, 02:56 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
Classic can be daily driven just takes the right person. Are you really looking hard or just waiting for the perfect one?
Waiting for the right one, it's out there somewhere, just looked at a 71 mach 1, she wasn't the one either.

I'm now set on only 67-68, needs to have interior and motor/electrical done and hopefully brakes and suspension with no rust.

It's funny how since all the car shows and auctions on tv came out, everyone thinks their car is worth a fortune

Truth is, the mustang is one the most over-produced cars ever made, lol, and that's why I know I'll find it eventually, and for the right price. Remodeling the pool right now, so it slowed the search a bit.

Shoulda kept my 72 torino sport, didn't expect a Clint Eastwood movie to be made about it the following year, lol. At least she sits in Germany now

Old 06-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
I work three blocks from home and drive only about 50 miles a month, I've always cruised classics daily, cars are meant to be driven !!

Still haven't found a worthy candidate yet though, sorta like the presidential elections

I agree, they're meant to be driven! I just meant from a comfort and driveability standpoint, the classic might get annoying to drive around all day but yeah if you drive 50 miles a month then who cares. Enjoy!

I rescued my Mach from a life as a garage queen, it used to see 1800 miles a year. Now she goes 1000 miles a month.

'03 Mach 1 5spd
Fully forged Manley rods/pistons, Cobra crank, ARP hardware, 8.5:1, Procharger P1SC w/ intercooler, AFM power pipe, 60# injectors, 03/04 Cobra tank with dual fuel pumps, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, O/R X pipe and Flowmasters, Exedy stage 3 clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax, Front and rear upper + lower control arms, Ford Racing springs, Bob Monks tune 448 rwhp @ 9 PSI
LaserRed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Waiting for the right one, it's out there somewhere, just looked at a 71 mach 1, she wasn't the one either.

I'm now set on only 67-68, needs to have interior and motor/electrical done and hopefully brakes and suspension with no rust.

It's funny how since all the car shows and auctions on tv came out, everyone thinks their car is worth a fortune

Truth is, the mustang is one the most over-produced cars ever made, lol, and that's why I know I'll find it eventually, and for the right price. Remodeling the pool right now, so it slowed the search a bit.

Shoulda kept my 72 torino sport, didn't expect a Clint Eastwood movie to be made about it the following year, lol. At least she sits in Germany now

Yeah you definitely find the right one if you look at enough and you're right. Mustangs are a dime a dozen really everyone has one not in a bad way makes parts cheaper and easy to come by. I'm kinda partial to 67-68 mustangs but can appreciate a well done 69 and sometimes a 70 but after that I'm not a huge fan of em.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #90
Registered Member

Regular

My experience is somewhat limited to only restoring 3 early Mustangs, a 65 Convertible C code car with 3spd manual, a 66 GT Kcode coupe and my sons 67 GT factory 4spd coupe...
I don't mean to be negative about the prospects of finding a restored 67/68GT that has been unmolested...unless you are either willing to do the restoration yourself on a good stock car...I'm not talking about converting a 6 cylinder car into a V8...just turning a driver quality run of the mill car into a restored car that you could drive as a daily driver for years without doing anything other than just driving it. The second option would be to buy one that is totally restored...to original...not a resto-mod hack job.
Originally this thread started out and Fomoco4life wanted to get a 67/68GT that was restored for $20k...not just a good driver. I happen to disagree about finding a "restored" GT for $20k...if that is what you want you are going to be looking for a very long time.
I'm not disagreeing about finding an ok driver for less than that but it will not be restored. Restored to me means total restoration from the ground up...not just replacing stuff as it becomes old.
I lived in Stockton/Redding/San Jose for over 16 years and although I moved back to the Northwest 2 years ago in all of those years I saw maybe a handful of 67/68's that I personally would have bought. There are a ton of them down there but only a handful that were nice enough to consider buying...at least for me...I'm probably more selective than most...
So, I look at it this way...find a nice driver that hasn't been hacked up by some kid for $10/12k...then spend another $10/15k to restore it....or go out and find a very nice non GT restored car for $25k...or buy a nice low mileage 14 GT for the same money.....just my 3 cents.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #91
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Not to jack the thread but, I think this is due to the fact the it's a mecum auction, and an auction. Most nice driver cars in my area are on the low end of 20k for a fresh build and about 12-8k for a higher mileage build. I guess it also depends on the location but that seems to be the going rate in California
Ty, this is the first year Mecum has been in Oregon and we are not a hot bed of millionaires like California...for very nice drivers and totally restored cars this auction had some real buys and my guess is that in California the prices would have been higher...in fact used cars are more expensive down there than up here with exception of pickup trucks...the 4x4 kind.
Can you define what a nice driver is...what does a "fresh build" mean, are you saying a restored car or just a car that has had stuff replaced as it goes bad.
In Northern California I would expect to pay between $13/18 for a nice driver and that is far from being restored...at least the ones I've seen.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Theres these too, which I used to hate, but have grown very found of in recent years, yes mustang II's lol (Cobra's only, and I'm thinking coyote swap) the white one is close to me (it's not a cobra tho not sure why it says it is, I'd tribute it anyways), and it's never been on the freeway owned by a 93 year old woman.
This yellow toy caught my eye as well. Wife said do whatever so I'm having a blast

I see you live right by me! Any Stang clubs?
hfca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah you definitely find the right one if you look at enough and you're right. Mustangs are a dime a dozen really everyone has one not in a bad way makes parts cheaper and easy to come by. I'm kinda partial to 67-68 mustangs but can appreciate a well done 69 and sometimes a 70 but after that I'm not a huge fan of em.
Quote:
hfca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfca View Post
I believe Diablo Valley Mustang Association is the big one around here, there's a few smaller ones as well in east bay, myself, I'm a loner, a rebel, lol

Old 07-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

So I went to buy this this weekend ...everything checked out on the car, it's solid, great project ...agreed on a price with the guy and then he proceeded to tell me he has no title...smh

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1469557465957.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	203755  
Old 07-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
So I went to buy this this weekend ...everything checked out on the car, it's solid, great project ...agreed on a price with the guy and then he proceeded to tell me he has no title...smh

I don't know about Cali but in CT you don't need a title if the car is prior to a certain year. I can't remember what year it is but I know this because I tried to get a title for my 65. I sent in the form along with $25 and they sent it back saying that the car did not need a title because of its age. You might want to check on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #97
Registered Member

Regular

Normally, 75 is the year.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 PM   #98
Registered Member

Regular

In California you need a California title to be able to register the car...I won't tell you the problems I went through getting my original 31 Model A titled...it was a nightmare.
If this guy doesn't have a title was the car just a project car that had never driven on the street or ????
Old 07-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
In California you need a California title to be able to register the car...I won't tell you the problems I went through getting my original 31 Model A titled...it was a nightmare.
If this guy doesn't have a title was the car just a project car that had never driven on the street or ????
Yeah I'm well aware of California's strict DMV code enforcement the car is registered with 2017 tags it's just not in the person's name whom I'm buying it from so it's a little bit sketchy he just called me and told me he'd have the title next week so we wait and see... Kind of loving the Eleanor kit, purples gonna take time to get used to

Old 10-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

This just happened folks, the waiting game paid off

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1475450404204.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	205416  
Old 10-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Nice!

I wonder what the "mis-badging police" will say about the Cobra emblems though?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Nice ride!
69ponyxprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #103
Registered Member

Regular

Nice looking Mustang and one of my favorite colors.
How about some interior/engine pictures a more description on the car and what's been done to it?
Old 10-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

67 , I'm the fourth owner, started off pink 289, now custom 347 striker, has a few months I wouldn't have done like 6566 Pony interior but I'll be switching that up with some green inserted leather...she's a beauty, rack and pinion, A/C, billet serpintine front dress, internals ready for serious power...perf. trans...built rear end, wvrything brand new except rear seat (have it in the box ready), stainless interior with center console above and below, molded headliner, painted stripes etc etc omg, etc

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1475459986866.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	205419   Click image for larger version

Name:	1475460065531.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	205420  

Name:	1475460091024.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	205421  
Old 10-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #105
Registered Member

Regular

Very nice.
I have always loved the look of the original GT twin tips and you certainly have the GT valance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion