Has your Mustang ever been vandalized? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Has your Mustang ever been vandalized?

One of my major concerns about having my first ever nice vehicle is the possibility of it being intentionally vandalized. In the past couple of weeks I've become the kind of person who tries not to park near someone. I now park at the end of the lot at both my work and my apartment complex! But one of my friends has had a nice sporty sexy muscle car (can't remember what) for a couple of years now and during that time she has had it keyed twice. She never pissed anyone off or anything, just someone who was mad I guess because she had a nice car. Additionally, she was usually parked in a so-called "nicer" area of the city.

Have any of you experienced this? Has anyone vandalized your car just for the hell of it because it's a nice car? If so, what do you do? Can it get fixed or does it need an entirely new paint job?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Nobody cared about my Mustang (2014), they are every where and not special.

The only vehicle I have ever owned that was vandalized was my MB E55 AMG. Even then, it wasn't technically vandalized as some homies tried to steal the rims off it and couldn't, then, when I confronted them about it (in the parking lot of a restaurant), one of the guys kicked my car and damn near broke his toes. My car was fine.

That said, I live in a rural area, so not much goes down. On the other hand, if someone is out to vandalize random cars, sports cars do tend to stick out.

If something happens, you get it fixed just like any other damage.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Nobody cared about my Mustang (2014), they are every where and not special.
Now that I have a Mustang, I have totally seen them everywhere, too! I never realized how commonplace they are!
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yeah Iv had someone dent my spoiler. It's unfortunate I don't understand why some people do such things.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MustangmanV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Yeah, My 2012 stang was keyed once when I lived in apartment and park in open lot. It seemed just some random asshat did it for no reason. The car was scratched from fender across door until quarter panel. The good thing is it wasn't very deep and a good puff removed most of it.

After that, I keep the car in garage.
alfaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
In a hotel parking lot overnight, someone threw the remains of their coffee (cream and sugar included of course) on the windshield, fender and hood of my new convertible Mustang. I counted myself lucky that they didn't throw it on the black convertible top, I guess......1/2 an hour at the car wash, and we were as good as new.
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Yes, I sure did. I had an 04 that I was constantly fixing up. I didn't have a garage so I did most of the work right outside at the curb. Everyone always seen me working on it & would stop & talk to me about it as it was a beautiful car.
Then one day I found someone egged my car with about 2 dozen eggs. It dried & when I went to the car wash it took a couple chips of paint off the car. Yeah, I was totally tee'd off. Even went & bought something the next day & was hoping they'd come back.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:55 AM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
My car was messed with a bunch my Freshman year at college when i lived on campus. Constantly people put my windshield wipers up for fun; one day i came back to the car with writing all over it (people wrote by rubbing their fingers through the condensation at night). Saw sunflower seeds on it another time.... But i'd still rather have that than the 2 hit and runs within 2 weeks of each other in the commuter lot that happened after i started living off campus.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion