Wiper / Windshield / Hood Cowl - Bad Situation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Wiper / Windshield / Hood Cowl - Bad Situation

While applying 303 to my top I decided to run over the molding and mirror exteriors. I have to admit, I am impressed. The faded rubber and plastic came back to life.

As I walked around to the front of the car I saw the cowl vent. It looked terrible, so I put a bit of 303 on my rag and proceeded to wipe it down and bring back the missing luster. As soon as I touched the cowl it broke!

Right now I have a love / hate relationship with this car. It's my daily driver at the moment due to the blown engine in my truck I have discussed. So far I have a noise in the drive train that I need to investigate. I need new tires for the car. I know I need an adjustable clutch cable because the stock cable is being used and I feel it needs to be adjusted just a bit for a better clutch feel.

Right now I am whining, and white frankly angry. I have had a lot of things go wrong lately. The last thing I needed was something else to break that I cannot afford to repair. I know a cowl is not a major item, but the car looks great, and I want to keep it looking as new as possible. I treat everything I have with the best care I can. Now I have a busted cowl that is staring at me.

Yes, I am venting on a board full of strangers. Sometimes life sucks, and right now I am going through that particular point.

Does anyone have a spare wiper cowl for a 99-2004 Mustang sitting around? Paying for a new one is not an option at the moment.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Wiper / Windshield / Hood Cowl - Bad Situation

Well it's a 14 year old car now. Things are going to break. And yes they, most of the time, break at the most inconvenient times. It happens.
What you can do find is a New Edge at a local junkyard; to see if they have a decent cowl.
Or go on eBay and check out cmdelk. They're a Mustang salvage yard out of Lebanon, TN. They will have it and are priced reasonably. Or just google Delk Performance.

Respect the classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Well it's a 14 year old car now. Things are going to break. And yes they, most of the time, break at the most inconvenient times. It happens.
What you can do find is a New Edge at a local junkyard; to see if they have a decent cowl.
Or go on eBay and check out cmdelk. They're a Mustang salvage yard out of Lebanon, TN. They will have it and are priced reasonably. Or just google Delk Performance.

Respect the classics.
I know, it's a 14 year old car. I knew that when I bought it. I just needed to whine a bit. I was beyond irritated earlier. I have had a series of things go wrong recently.

Recon, Thank you for your response.
I did ask my local salvage yards, but it seems as if the sun has done its job baking them. This is one of those times that I miss my dad's auto body shop. I would have made a call and had one delivered using the shop's account for a discounted price.

I have considered welding the plastic, but I'm afraid if I pull the part that it will disintegrate due to the length.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 01:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
On my 03 I managed to bust the cowl with zero effort. The plastic cowl on these cars are just plain brittle. These are costly to replace, and the after market 2 piece ones don't look so great, or fit very well. The pull a part over in Augusta very rarely has new edges, which makes it even harder. Graves in Aiken gets them more often. Check out rockauto.com also, they may have a decently priced one.

Post a pic of the damage if you can, it may help us find a temporary solution for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-05-2016, 01:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
On my 03 I managed to bust the cowl with zero effort. The plastic cowl on these cars are just plain brittle. These are costly to replace, and the after market 2 piece ones don't look so great, or fit very well. The pull a part over in Augusta very rarely has new edges, which makes it even harder. Graves in Aiken gets them more often. Check out rockauto.com also, they may have a decently priced one.

Post a pic of the damage if you can, it may help us find a temporary solution for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I will definitely take a look. I appreciate your response.

There is a great group here within this forum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion