SR lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #1

Region: Alabama
SR lowering springs

I want the handling gain from the springs but I am very much worry abt the driveshaft issue and also the front end hit parking blocks. Anyone have those can share some informations please?
lzy54610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzy54610 View Post
I want the handling gain from the springs but I am very much worry abt the driveshaft issue and also the front end hit parking blocks. Anyone have those can share some informations please?
If you're talking about clearing the driveshaft - No issues whatsoever.

Hitting parking blocks - That's not something the springs are going to control lol... That's up to you to not pull in to the spot too much.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
If you're talking about clearing the driveshaft - No issues whatsoever.

Hitting parking blocks - That's not something the springs are going to control lol... That's up to you to not pull in to the spot too much.
+1
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
LeoGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzy54610 View Post
No driveshaft issues and the springs will not lower your front end enough to hit a parking curb. I clear by roughly half an inch.
TRMN8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:36 AM   #5
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
you will want to consider other parts too....shocks/adj panhard bar/lca relocating bkts. Suspension is not something to do 1/2 way.

I put SR's on mine and am happy but I haven't pulled too far up on the parking blocks.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Effectively, you'll need at least the Panhard bar if you don't track it. when I did mine, the diff shifted by an inch so it really is needed. And definitely some camber bolts if not plates.
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
Old 05-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Definitely do the panhard bar. Shocks/struts, LCAs and relocation brackets are recommended as well.
I have the BMR handling springs which are about the same drop as the SR springs. I have pulled into a few spots too far and my splitter is barely a milimeter above the curb. Some curbs are higher than others so you'll definitely want to be extra careful parking.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What is the issue with the lca and relocation brackets? Are these a must when lowering the car with eibach pro kit springs?

IG: 14gt5oh
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:57 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They are not necessary but they are a must. When you lower the car with any brand of springs you are messing with the car suspension geometry. If you track the car, your traction would be extremely poor. By adding Relo beakers, you'll bring back the correct geometry of the rear suspension resulting in better traction. Hope that helps.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGTCS View Post
They are not necessary but they are a must. When you lower the car with any brand of springs you are messing with the car suspension geometry. If you track the car, your traction would be extremely poor. By adding Relo beakers, you'll bring back the correct geometry of the rear suspension resulting in better traction. Hope that helps.
So if you don't track your car, then they would not be needed? I'd like tom lower mine an inch or so. Daily driver. I was told I MAY only need caster/camber plates.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
So if you don't track your car, then they would not be needed? I'd like tom lower mine an inch or so. Daily driver. I was told I MAY only need caster/camber plates.
If you are not gonna be abusing your car, daily running speed limits, your car will survive for sure without them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion