How can anyone not love open exhaust! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Boats are where I gained my appreciation for a nice sounding, albeit loud, exhaust.
I know that not everyone shares that feeling though. Here in California, mufflers are required on all waterways, for all vessels with exhaust that exits above the waterline. It used to be that through-hull and over the transom exhaust only required that the engine cooling water be run through the exhaust manifolds/headers to quiet it down, on most lakes... Which was easily re-routed after leaving the launch ramp area.

Times have certainly changed!
Helped restore this buy freshening up the Hemi.....guy couldn't pay me for the work I'd done and bought it really so I bought it for half the price he was asking....had it on Lake Shasta....Once!....scared me enough I haven't been in a boat since....sold it to a collector in Southern California. Was a beautiful boat and much faster than I ever wanted to go on the water!
Thanks for bring back those memories!!! Makes me smile!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drag boat.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	202320   Click image for larger version

Name:	392 hemi.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	202321  

olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 06:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Helped restore this buy freshening up the Hemi.....guy couldn't pay me for the work I'd done and bought it really so I bought it for half the price he was asking....had it on Lake Shasta....Once!....scared me enough I haven't been in a boat since....sold it to a collector in Southern California. Was a beautiful boat and much faster than I ever wanted to go on the water!
I love horse power and speed. I have had a few high horse toys scare me, but the adrenaline forced me to go for another round.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I love horse power and speed. I have had a few high horse toys scare me, but the adrenaline forced me to go for another round.

I've had my share a scrapes at high speed and the only thing that really scared me was flying over the water at close to 100mph....never do it again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've had my share a scrapes at high speed and the only thing that really scared me was flying over the water at close to 100mph....never do it again!
I used to love skimming the water at 90 in my dad's bass boat. I wish he still had his health and his toys. There are so many things I wanted my girls to enjoy with their grandfather.

Alcohol took over my dad for most of their child good, and now at 63 my dad can barely get around. Cirrhosis is nothing to play with by any means.

I remember my dad's life as one big high horse power, race filled, alcohol fueled party. I had a blast growing up. I really wanted my kids to experience the fun I had minus the drinking.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I used to love skimming the water at 90 in my dad's bass boat. I wish he still had his health and his toys. There are so many things I wanted my girls to enjoy with their grandfather.

Alcohol took over my dad for most of their child good, and now at 63 my dad can barely get around. Cirrhosis is nothing to play with by any means.

I remember my dad's life as one big high horse power, race filled, alcohol fueled party. I had a blast growing up. I really wanted my kids to experience the fun I had minus the drinking.

I'm ahead of your dad by some 10 years and stated racing at NHRA strips over 50 years ago and had my first SS car a few years after that....raced SS/G/MP/SM for over 40 years. Back then drag racing was a family sport and everyone knew each other....we shared parts/food/drinks along with helping each other work on our cars. Today is a lot different then it was back then....one of the reasons I sold my 9.80 B/SM car....It's now in New Zealand.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm ahead of your dad by some 10 years and stated racing at NHRA strips over 50 years ago and had my first SS car a few years after that....raced SS/G/MP/SM for over 40 years. Back then drag racing was a family sport and everyone knew each other....we shared parts/food/drinks along with helping each other work on our cars. Today is a lot different then it was back then....one of the reasons I sold my 9.80 B/SM car....It's now in New Zealand.
It has only been 5 years since I stopped racing bikes. The people and relationships made the cost worth it. The other night while I was at the track I was disgusted to be honest. I will stick to the larger tracks for my fun runs.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I've spent a lot of time on Shasta. Every time that I see a Flat-bottom, it brings back a lot of memories for me.
My interest in boating seems to "wax and wane" over the years. (Mostly wane)
I have lived just a couple of minutes away from Clear lake for about 3 years now. I haven't been out on the lake for over 30 years though. Sometimes, I can hear people doing late night/early morning "scud runs" on the lake. (Probably drunk as hell) The sound of a screaming big block over the water always tempts me to buy or build a water rocket of my own. But I always remind myself that I've been down that road before. I would go out a few times to scare the hell out of myself, and then the boat would sit in the garage and rot.
For now, I will be content just listening to the glorious noise.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust