Bama, Steeda, Lund....SCT? Tuner Comparison - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Bama, Steeda, Lund....SCT? Tuner Comparison

What reputable email tuners exist that use SCT? I am not interested in dyno tuners at the moment. With a good data log anyone with the correct program should be able to adjust timing, air/fuel ratio, etc to be competitive to be with dyno tuners. Plus, some people do not have access to a dyno.

I'm bored and curious, so I decided to ask. If one tuner is supposedly "the best", please give a reason for why you feel that way.

Let the games begin!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2016, 12:45 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Out of your list you left out Aed and Vmp. Mpt also is a solid bet especially for the cyclones.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Out of your list you left out Aed and Vmp. Mpt also is a solid bet especially for the cyclones.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I'm sure I left several tuners off the list. The one's I mentioned were just the first to come to mind. Others were not ommitted, I just need to be introduced to them.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2016, 02:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 599
If you own a Cyclone, MPT is the best Email tune written to date.
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
If you own a Cyclone, MPT is the best Email tune written to date.
SCT X4

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Syracuse
Region: New York
Posts: 744
I went with Brenspeed to tune my Roush SC initially. Compared to the Roush tune, the Brenspeed tune was wicked. Later I went with smaller pulley and bap and didn't really expect much but the car seemed to be less than what it was. Brenspeed took a couple data logs (no charge) and made changes but to me (this could be a placebo affect) it wasn't any different. The car still ran great, no issues at all, other than the feeling that the car was less when it should be more, or at least the same.
I had wanted a CAI and Brenspeed seemed to have a lot of XP with the Roush unit which is pricey. Most cars I saw running SC and CAI had the JLT. VMP uses JLT so I decided to give VMP a try, for much of the same reason why you're asking, I was curious. After installing the CAI and VMP tune, I knew I made a good choice. Maybe the CAI made all the difference, maybe not. I do know I'm sticking with VMP but I wouldn't discredit Brenspeed either. How's that for a convoluted answer? Lol
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
I went with Brenspeed to tune my Roush SC initially. Compared to the Roush tune, the Brenspeed tune was wicked. Later I went with smaller pulley and bap and didn't really expect much but the car seemed to be less than what it was. Brenspeed took a couple data logs (no charge) and made changes but to me (this could be a placebo affect) it wasn't any different. The car still ran great, no issues at all, other than the feeling that the car was less when it should be more, or at least the same.
I had wanted a CAI and Brenspeed seemed to have a lot of XP with the Roush unit which is pricey. Most cars I saw running SC and CAI had the JLT. VMP uses JLT so I decided to give VMP a try, for much of the same reason why you're asking, I was curious. After installing the CAI and VMP tune, I knew I made a good choice. Maybe the CAI made all the difference, maybe not. I do know I'm sticking with VMP but I wouldn't discredit Brenspeed either. How's that for a convoluted answer? Lol
That answer is actually helpful.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,129
Steeda's tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful. We are not going to claim we are the most powerful but we will claim we have some of the best tuners in the industry ... we write tunes that won't harm your investment.

Here is James, one of our lead tuners:

Quote:
James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator



James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.
Plenty of great tuners out there but I am confident you will be very happy with Steeda!

You can email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help answer additional questions.

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Steeda's tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful. We are not going to claim we are the most powerful but we will claim we have some of the best tuners in the industry ... we write tunes that won't harm your investment.

Here is James, one of our lead tuners:



Plenty of great tuners out there but I am confident you will be very happy with Steeda!

You can email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help answer additional questions.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thank you. I will likely contact you sometime this week. I appreciate your response.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Thank you. I will likely contact you sometime this week. I appreciate your response.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
My pleasure - happy to help.

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Syracuse
Region: New York
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Steeda's tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful. We are not going to claim we are the most powerful but we will claim we have some of the best tuners in the industry ... we write tunes that won't harm your investment.

Here is James, one of our lead tuners:



Plenty of great tuners out there but I am confident you will be very happy with Steeda!

You can email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help answer additional questions.

Best Regards,

TJ
My first tune on my new '12 GT before going SC was STEEDA and a CAI on the stock motor. Not a thread out there that I found claiming any issues with Steeda and that my friends, was how the car should come from the factory! I would not hesitate to recommend Steeda!
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chapka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Scranton
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 92
I have a friend that works for Lund. They do a lot with the SCT tuners. Maybe try them on Facebook


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
America is all about speed - hot, nasty, badass speed
Chapka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,456
Bama, Steeda, Lund....SCT? Tuner Comparison

I'm going with VMP on both of my 3Vs. Justin knows his stuff and is real easy to contact. Sent him an email and got a response within 24hrs. Plus he knows the Roush mustang really well which is a plus for me.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Syracuse
Region: New York
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
I'm going with VMP on both of my 3Vs. Justin knows his stuff and is real easy to contact. Sent him an email and got a response within 24hrs. Plus he knows the Roush mustang really well which is a plus for me.
How about the VMP upgrade for the Roush TVS with molded high flow elbow? Man I'd like to be able to advertise VMP here in central New York at local shows but I can't justify the $ for 40hp (including the 67 TB). May end up with the elbow and TB but still, from a cost per hp, it's pricey. Definitely agree with Justin being knowledgeable and easy to reach, although general questions now use a support ticket system. Gotta give it to VMP for taking the TVS and improving it!
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,456
I don't have the Roush TVS, yet.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hackettstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 716
OP, not sure why you'd be interested in email tunes based on your location ?
.................Seem to be plenty of shops in your area, some mentioned on other sites.
There is no comparison between a " canned tune " & a custom tune.
But, it is after all, your car !!
.
__________________

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
.
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
OP, not sure why you'd be interested in email tunes based on your location ?
.................Seem to be plenty of shops in your area, some mentioned on other sites.
There is no comparison between a " canned tune " & a custom tune.
But, it is after all, your car !!
.
There are plenty of shops in GA. In my location there may appear to be plenty of shops, but the reality is that most of the shops here are unreliable.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
There are plenty of shops in GA. In my location there may appear to be plenty of shops, but the reality is that most of the shops here are unreliable.
We have a great facility in Valdosta!



Also, on October 22, we have Pony Wars - Steeda Pony Wars 2016 | South Georgia Motorsports Park | Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
We have a great facility in Valdosta!



Also, on October 22, we have Pony Wars - Steeda Pony Wars 2016 | South Georgia Motorsports Park | Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
I may try and make the 22nd. Valdosta is a long drive from Augusta.

Hey, are you guys hiring?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:36 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
The more I learn about Steeda, the more I like.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Steeda's tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful. We are not going to claim we are the most powerful but we will claim we have some of the best tuners in the industry ... we write tunes that won't harm your investment.

Here is James, one of our lead tuners:



Plenty of great tuners out there but I am confident you will be very happy with Steeda!

You can email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help answer additional questions.

Best Regards,

TJ
You have an email Tim.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
tj@steeda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
I may try and make the 22nd. Valdosta is a long drive from Augusta.

Hey, are you guys hiring?
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/steeda-autosports-jobs

We were recently looking for a sales rep but we filled that position ... but we are always looking for great candidates!

Best Regards,

TJ

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:
You have an email Tim.
Awesome!

TJ
__________________
Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bama vs Steeda vs Lund 94gtconvert 2011-2014 Mustang GT 18 04-01-2015 06:13 PM
Tuner: Bama Power Flash Tuner vs. Bama 4 bank Eliminator Chip rosad Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 03-08-2015 06:43 PM
For Sale: Boss 302 manifold, steeda cold air, sct tuner w/ steeda tune guzie Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 11-19-2013 07:49 AM
bama vs lund vs AED vs dyno 13 stang22 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 8 05-30-2013 02:50 PM
Bama tune or lund tune or steeda tune Mustang32Bill 2011-2014 Mustang GT 89 11-12-2012 10:45 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.