2016 Auto Apps ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
2016 Auto Apps ?

I just picked up a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium to replace my 14' which succumbed to my meeting a careless driver. Anyway, one of the really cool features of the car came out when the salesman answered my question about a nav system. "With the Sync3, you can run apps on your phone and have them display on the car's central screen." Well, it seems it isn't working and from reading, my android based LG smart phone isn't compatible.

My question is, I can't be the only guy out here who has wondered is there another app other than android auto that will enable me to run a map/nav program on my phone and project it on the car's screen. Any other folks have similar issues and more importantly a solution?
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Side Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Urethane Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Boomba Racing BOV Adapter; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple everywhere!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
I just picked up a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium to replace my 14' which succumbed to my meeting a careless driver. Anyway, one of the really cool features of the car came out when the salesman answered my question about a nav system. "With the Sync3, you can run apps on your phone and have them display on the car's central screen." Well, it seems it isn't working and from reading, my android based LG smart phone isn't compatible.

My question is, I can't be the only guy out here who has wondered is there another app other than android auto that will enable me to run a map/nav program on my phone and project it on the car's screen. Any other folks have similar issues and more importantly a solution?
This new android app only works on 2017 Mustang, and they are supposed to upgrade the sync 3 after 2017 are all out. For us 2016.. The salesman didn't know what he was talking about..

2016 GT PREMIUM "RACE RED" >>>>>>>"raging bull" <<<<<<<<
Instagram: pinoy_stang5.0
YouTube: pinoy_stang
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion