ebay headers, anyone tried them? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
ebay headers, anyone tried them?

so I broke off the stud in my manifold while trying to install my x pipe. while drilling it the drill bit walked and the new hole is off. while looking at used manifolds I found some ebay shorty headers for $130. are these any good? I know it wont perform as good as long tubes or tuned length shorty's but with the price are they worth it? or a get what you pay for deal?
dcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2016, 06:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
As with anything, you get what you pay for. I can't imagine headers at $65 a piece would be any good in the long run.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
A lot of people try them. Most people end up having to "modify" things to make them fit. This could be either denting them to clear something or shimming your motor mounts.
Once you get them on, most of them work fine initially. I haven't seen any long term (5+ years) reviews, I imagine they wouldn't hold up as well over time, but that may or may not matter depending how long you keep cars.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I just need to get it together quick but didn't have $400 headers budgeted right now. and the only stock ones I have found are $140+ so I may try them and see what happens for now if I cant find a better alternative
Old 09-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I would go stock before eBay knockoffs. If they provide a name brand with the headers Google the brand and see what you can find out about them, if they don't include a name then close that eBay page and never look at it again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-16-2016, 07:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

im trying to con the wife into letting me use the credit card for the bbk from am. just thought I would see what I could get for a quick answer on the cheap ones. I figured they were a poor choice but ya never know.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarr View Post
im trying to con the wife into letting me use the credit card for the bbk from am. just thought I would see what I could get for a quick answer on the cheap ones. I figured they were a poor choice but ya never know.
Get credit through PayPal if you're gonna do credit. 6 month 0% financing and no payments for orders over $100. That's what I use for all my car parts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #8

Region: Oklahoma
I bought a pair of long tube Chinese knock off ones on ebay a number of years ago and they held up fine until i sold the car a couple of years later. Check the sellers reviews if they look decent its worth a shot to give them a go.
AssaultGerble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
if you are going to get headers, get some reall ones. never go with knockoffs unless you are fixing to sell the car and you want to separately sell the ones you currently have on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion