interior storage space? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-15-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
interior storage space?

Ok, so I'm new to the whole Mustang thing, and I LOVE this car after only a few days, but there are some things that are taking a little adjustment. At the risk of sounding like I have my priorities screwed up, I have to ask...

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas about storage for the general junk you keep in the car with you? I'm coming from a Nissan Altima, which had a HUGE glove box and a BIG center console storage box and a BIG storage space with a door under the dash ahead of the shifter. Plus the door pockets, which were way bigger than the Mustang. I'm feeling like I just bought a house that I love, but I noticed after the fact that there's no closet space...

(yes, I realize that the fact that mine is a convertible makes it even worse, and I should have figured that... )

--rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
interior storage space?

This is a storage bag system for the trunk but at least that would free up space in the cabin area.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...blue&GID=79201

This one is for 99-04 but I think they make ones for our year too

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
wmschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You could keep your beers (or soda I guess) in this, which will fit in the back seat
Mustang 6-Pack Canshaft Cooler - Free Shipping
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
??? the convertible is better; pile stuff in the back, tarp it, cruise.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ via Mustang Evolution app
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
What kind of stuff do you keep in hot car? Manual, cds, and paperwork fit in the glove box. Misc. stuff like phone charger fit in the center counsel.

I guess you could always get a small soft bag and keep it in the backseat on the floor. Back seat in these cars are pretty useless anyways.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrndl View Post
Ok, so I'm new to the whole Mustang thing, and I LOVE this car after only a few days, but there are some things that are taking a little adjustment. At the risk of sounding like I have my priorities screwed up, I have to ask...

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas about storage for the general junk you keep in the car with you? I'm coming from a Nissan Altima, which had a HUGE glove box and a BIG center console storage box and a BIG storage space with a door under the dash ahead of the shifter. Plus the door pockets, which were way bigger than the Mustang. I'm feeling like I just bought a house that I love, but I noticed after the fact that there's no closet space...

(yes, I realize that the fact that mine is a convertible makes it even worse, and I should have figured that... )

--rick
I transitioned from a Quad Can Dodge Ram as my daily driver to a convertible Mustang. I feel your pain. After a few months you will wonder if you made a huge mistake. You will consider selling or trading the car. Then you will drive it and put a grin on your face again.

As for the lack of room; it sucks. If you are a Tetris pro you can learn how to creatively stack everything you want in the car.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I transitioned from a Quad Can Dodge Ram as my daily driver to a convertible Mustang. I feel your pain. After a few months you will wonder if you made a huge mistake. You will consider selling or trading the car. Then you will drive it and put a grin on your face again.

As for the lack of room; it sucks. If you are a Tetris pro you can learn how to creatively stack everything you want in the car.
It's kinda funny, I had a feeling this was pretty much the answer. Something like this already happened. I was cleaning out the Altima to get it ready to sell and I ended up with this huge box of crap and nowhere to put it. Then my wife asked me to pick up a few things at the store. As I drove down the block I was thinking, "jeez, how am I gonna handle this?" Then I pulled out of our development onto the main road and gave it a little kick... and I immediately grinned. Yeah, I'll figure something out.

--rick
Old 10-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I went from a 350z to the s197. Some reason, there was more storage stuff in my z in compartment wise, but as far as actually storing stuff, this Mustang held 7 wheels and tires in it. It'd be nice if there was an even balance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:35 AM   #9

Region: California
I feel your pain as well. I have so far managed to keep everything in my trunk or center console of my 05' vert. The center console I lovingly refer to as "The Black Hole". As it seems once something goes in, it never escapes. But so far haven't been able to fill it up. The trunk is my Tetris pride and joy. I have an emergency backpack, a box with various parts and cleaning supplies, another bag with a change of clothes and a jacket, and 2 tool bags. The tool bags sit behind each fender well and everything else fits under the rear shelf (what there is of one in the convertible). So when you open the trunk the space I have left is about the size of the opening. So yeah, I can fit about 4 bags of groceries (paper bags) in the trunk. I also use the floor boards in the back seat to stash anything else I don't want too visible but accessible. And that still leaves the back seats themselves, if I have to.

Welcome to wonderful world of Mustang ownership!
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Be glad you don't have the Mach1000 sound system. I have pretty much no trunk...lol
Old 10-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yeah, I've got the shaker 1000. It takes up the right quarter of the trunk. It does sound great with an aftermarket headunit though, so well worth it IMO.
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
You obviously have too much junk.
Take whatever you haven't used in the past month or 2 and get rid of it.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #13

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Tried that, but the kids keep finding their way home.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
This is the strategy I'm working with now...
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Do what my parents do: run away from home...

...my mom used to wrap my lunch in a roadmap...

Then i would get home from school, & find that my parents had moved...
😐

Old 10-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #16

Feel your pain, went from 2002 convertible to 2008 convertible. Map pockets in door are useless, I can get my work badge and a couple of pens and that is it. Glove box not much better. Center console is deep and stores a lot, but like others have said it is like the black hole. I will say that 2008 trunk is bigger than 2002. Enjoy the ride of a convertible, put stuff in a duffle bag in back seat. I usually have a hat, phone charger, etc.

Matt E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The only thing I store in my Mustang is a pair of sunglasses, because I'm cool
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
The only thing I store in my Mustang is a pair of sunglasses, because I'm cool

😐

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion