Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Buy 13/14 GT500 or keep 12 GT500 AND buy S550 GT

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  sonicpony03 
#1 ·
Well as the title says, what would you do?

If I went the 13/14 route I'd sell the 12 and lease a smaller daily, most likely a fusion. If I kept the 2012 i'd put the 2.3 TVS I have lying around on next spring. I'd also buy the S550 and daily drive that once my truck's lease is up.

Part of me wants a mustang to drive year round, hence the S550, but those 5.8 cars sure are badass! Unfortunately can't do both. Just curious as to what y'all thought.

#8 ·
TVS on the 12 and get a S550 daily. Best of both worlds. TVS on the 5.4 will put down ridiculous power as you know.

#firstworldproblems

#10 ·
Thanks for the input guys. That's what I have decided. I really don't want to take on more debt to get a 5.8 car. After the TVS I have and supporting mods I will have less than $44k into the car and will comfortably make ~650whp or more and hopefully trap low to mid 120's. It would cost me another $8-10k to get a comparable 13/14 car.

My power level goal is 700whp and then I'm done. The chassis is only capable of realistically handling so much power and for a street/occasional strip car that is plenty.

Then I can still swing some mild bolt ons for an S550.

#12 ·
Keep '12 GT500, get the 5.8 stamped TVS from the '13 GT500 + support mods (pulley/tune/intake). Should be making '13 GT500 power.
Get an auto S550 GT for DD purposes and later on maybe forced induction. Will probably be faster than the GT500. lol

#13 ·
Already have a VMP TVS. Bought it the same day I bought the car lol.

I will probably do some bolt ons and a tune on the S550. Not sure about boost. It will be daily driven in the winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.