Originally Posted by Recon
So your auto tech ruled out that the reason for the overheating is a result of the blower having a smaller pulley?
Pick your poison.
no, that is just what i have read about the 2.49" pulley on some other forums. that is heat soaks the m90cause it spins too much. id need a dual heat exchanger or something of that sort to counter act it.
i didnt overheat with a bigger pulley before i switched. this smaller pulley is the only common factor between the two motors ive had in the car. this motor has less than 1000 miles on it currently and i caught it overheating the other day. my old block overheated like 7x before it blew after i changed the pulley. its just my deductive reasoning but maybe it could be something else.
maybe ill just hotwire the fan to always run