A Ride in My S197 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
A Ride in My S197 GT

I've been jonesing for a cruise in my mostly stock, garage kept, '14 Brembo GT for awhile now... There's nothing special about my car, just a very low miles original, that I love more than any car I've ever had... and that's saying something.

Don't get me wrong... I want very much to mount a Roush blower and big injectors, long tube headers, one piece drive shaft, watts link, springs, control arms, etc., etc., etc.,... It just seems like life gets in the way of most of my dreams, on a very regular basis, and I'm a cash and carry kind of guy.

So... this morning, I got all my paraphernalia together, (iPhone, USB cord, sunglasses as well as clear (bar glasses)), some water for emergencies, put a battery booster on for a minute or two, cranked that beautiful engine to life, and backed my Mustang out of the basement garage. It never fails to put a gigantic smile on my face, when I pull up over the hill and start down the driveway to the highway.

I made a quick run through third gear and I was in town, shutting down already. Ran by the car wash to knock the dust and cob webs off, a quick chamois and rolling again. You guys know the feeling... your car is spotless and you can't take your eyes off of it long enough to get in and drive it. That's the part I'll never get tired of... Leaving the car wash in my spotless GT, I got back on the highway, turned on the radar detector and laser jammers, and was 40 miles down the road in 26 minutes. I had to massage the muscles in my cheeks to get the smile off my face... That's the fun of owning a modern ponycar!

These (now old) cars continue to get all kinds of attention. I think it's primarily because of their retro looks, but whatever the cause, there's some starin' goin' on. Kids on their bikes, people in their SUVs, old folks in their Lincolns, all do a double-take when you roll by them. Pretty cool, man!

The whole thrust of this, is to say that, no matter how modded or factory original your Mustang is currently, enjoy that car! In most cases, we fantasized about the day we would have that baby sitting in our driveway, and we have achieved that goal! I truly enjoy my Mustang... I stare at it while polishing off a 12-pack of beer. I stare at pictures of it on my computer and phone. I drive it when I get the chance... and I relish the time I get to spend behind the wheel! I think you guys do the same. Keep these times in your memory! Not since the '1960s and early '70s, has car culture been so outrageous... and it can slip away without warning. Dig your car, man!
A Faster Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion