Interior trim/leather - which color - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
Interior trim/leather - which color

Hello all, I just wanted to get some opinions on which leather color looks the best. Which leather color do you think is the most common? I've been looking for 2013-2014 GTs but a large portion of them have the saddle brown interior leather, which I dislike very strongly. In fact, I think I would rather have cloth seats (not to knock cloth seats) than the saddle brown leather. I think it looks like the cow or car got an orange spray tan. However, I have seen some cases where it fits with the individual car quite nicely. For example, I saw a black 2013 GT premium that looked perfect, but then I saw the interior color. The sound out of my mouth sounded like "Gah!". What do you think about the interior colors available on the Mustangs?
campdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by campdaddy View Post
Hello all, I just wanted to get some opinions on which leather color looks the best. Which leather color do you think is the most common? I've been looking for 2013-2014 GTs but a large portion of them have the saddle brown interior leather, which I dislike very strongly. In fact, I think I would rather have cloth seats (not to knock cloth seats) than the saddle brown leather. I think it looks like the cow or car got an orange spray tan. However, I have seen some cases where it fits with the individual car quite nicely. For example, I saw a black 2013 GT premium that looked perfect, but then I saw the interior color. The sound out of my mouth sounded like "Gah!". What do you think about the interior colors available on the Mustangs?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Matt E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2008 white convertible, with gray leather seats. They look good. Interior is black and grey throughout.

Matt E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Interior trim/leather - which color

Hm, on Coyote cars I'll take the saddle any day of the week, over every other interior color option. Prefer grabber blue with the saddle. Good color combo. Maybe with CS appearance package.
3V's it's the red leather. Needs to be ingot silver. Silver exterior with red interior is the perfect color combo in my opinion.
Have charcoal in my GT and two tone in my Roush.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I swapped over my V6 lava interior into my GT. I just couldn't let it go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1502763180267.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	241346  
Old 08-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm with you, don't like the brown or the red in the 2010 up. White looks okay, black is best. My problem with the non-black seats is much of the rest of interior trim remains black, doesn't coordinate well to my eye. If Ford changed those trim colors to match seats I would like other color alternatives much better. I would prefer an all silver interior if Ford offered it, the all black interior is a really dark place, and really adds to the heat when my top is down.
2011 Gt Premium Convertible, manual, Navigation, Ground Force GF09 19" Staggered Silver wheels, JLT oil seperator, MGW Race Spec-2016 revision, Steeda ABS Composite front splitter, Big Worm Graphix Super Snake stripe matte black, Steeda Convertible Sport Springs, Koni STR. T struts and shocks, GT500 strut mount, BMR adjustable panhard and support bar, Ford Racing tune, jounce bumper kit, Roush lower control arms, BMR lower control arm relocation brackets, Kooks axle back exhaust, Raxiom Aero rear tail lights
sns109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
To me that's the most attractive leather for our cars it stands out and looks nice. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1503249068.334279.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	241802

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion