Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What was your first mod?

3K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  mustangz 
#1 ·
I don't know if this topic has been posted before but it would be cool to know what people's first mods were!
Mine were some interior RGB LED lights (not sure if thats a legit mod but its the first thing i did)

#2 ·
When my 2011 v6 arrived after I ordered it, the first mods were axle backs and a cai along with a hand held tuner. I have added many more things since then :)

#11 ·
exterior upgrades

I got my 2014 v6 convertible (1 year old 25,000 mile Florida rental) and didn't even open the hood for the first couple of weeks. I just love the history and retro look of today's Mustangs but don't know the first thing about working on engines. I wanted to keep the manufacture's engine warrantee so I can't make any engine alterations.

But, the exterior is another story. First thing was pre-painted side scoops. Already my Mustang was faster (looking!). It's a garaged street car that I'm trying, boy is that hard, to keep to 1,000 to 1,500 miles a year since its first year it racked up 25,000. The vanity license plate "CRUSIN" and variations were all taken, so I settled on "SWINGIN":cool:. Hey, I'm a professional trumpet player in an 18 piece Jazz Band so it fits. I've got 305 HP so I am good to go. I go to the racetrack to watch the pros race. Ya, a Mustang beat out an Aston Martin at Trans-Am last week.

I added your RGB Interior map lights next. What a difference. It was like the heavens opened up inside the car. Next I finally opened the hood and added an MMD Hood Strut Kit in black. Learned the hard way - put a sheet across the whole engine compartment when removing nuts, screws, bolts. I didn't do that right away and lost a bolt into the neverland.

Then aded the Raxiom tail light sequencer. I have their 3rd brake light flasher but haven't gotten around to installing yet. I bit the bullet and got out the dreaded 'DRILL'. No Scotch tape here. And installed a pre-painted two pillar rear spoiler. When I get the courage, I have the Raxiom GPS Navigation w/blue tooth and back-up camera ready to install into my Shaker dash.

I like the special edition brushed mag wheels that came with the car, but I am thinking of getting a set of 2013 GT500 style wheels in the future and possibly (more cutting!) RTR rear license plate surround w/ducts. I haven't found a hood scoop that I like or has a good fit, but maybe down the road one will appear. Also, I really would like to invest in some fog lights at some point.

Hope this gives you some good exterior upgrade ideas. Enjoy your new ride and good luck.

#13 ·
Mine was the mgw short shifter after that a cold air intake with both cars

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#27 ·
Sequential turn signal kit on my '09 sixer. /grin Then some useful mods after that.
JLT catch can on my '17 GT. That's all so far.

#28 ·
A lot of the modifications I would have personally done, were already in place when I purchased the car.

I bought my 02 GT with 3.73 gears, drop in K&N filter, MGW short throw shifter, Exedy clutch, Mach 1 chin, and a grill delete.

The first mod applied by me was a set of weld in Flowmaster Super 10 center in / center out mufflers.

#32 ·
RTR axle back exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.