Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Thoughts on "upgrading" a V6 suspension from a GT?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Siber Express 
#1 ·
I've had a 2014 GT for 4 years now and it's now heavily modified (MCA Gold winner). I also have a habit of keeping most of the stock parts I took off the GT. Now I'm sitting here with a new-to-me 2014 V6 Convertible (also black, also going to get the same yellow stripe treatment as my GT, yay!) as my daily driver now and wondering what parts I could put onto the V6 from the GT's stock leftovers. To this point in my Mustang ownership, I've never simultaneously owned the same model with different engines, so compatibility between the GT and V6 has never been a concern of mine.

My first thought is suspension. I put lowering springs on the GT so now I have the stock front struts with springs and rear springs laying around. Would swapping these onto the V6 improve anything? Would it be worth my time to do it?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if the V8 springs make the V6 sit a little higher in the front....I wouldn't call that an improvement. If you did brakes on GT they would be a very slight look improvement as the rotors are a touch larger (12.4-13.2"?) I did this but only noticeable to me and only cause cheap and easy

#3 ·
The Performance Pack option for the V6s used a lot of GT parts, if I remember correctly. Somewhere on this forum or AllFordMustangs somebody did a part number list, so you could see if you have enough parts to basically do your own Perf Pack suspension upgrade.

#4 ·
Verts are different, rear spring rate is different compared to the coupe since it is heavier in the rear. GT sway bars are bigger and the GT front spring will make the front site 1/2 inch higher.

#5 ·
Ah, totally missed the vert vs. coupe difference. Good call.

#6 ·
So you're all saying I should stick with the existing springs and shocks? I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

What about the stock axle backs? I put roush on the V8 so I could throw the GT mufflers on the V6 but again I'm thinking it wouldn't make much of a difference even just acoustically and probably require an adapter at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.