02 Mustang Possible Transmission Problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #1

Region: Louisiana
02 Mustang Possible Transmission Problems

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, this could be under different categories I'm sure..
But..

My cousin is selling her 2002 Automatic V6 Mustang with 120K~ miles on it for only $5000. The interior, body and everything are in excellent or perfect condition, but her husband is saying that there could possibly be something wrong with the transmission as it sounds funny shifting between gears.

Do you think this would develop into a major ordeal (replacing the entire transmission)?

If there is a need to replace the transmission, what should I replace it with and how much do you think it would cost?

Also, is it possible to replace it with a manual transmission? And what are the pros/cons and price of this as well, if it is possible.

Thanks,
TK225
TK225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: 02 Mustang Possible Transmission Problems

Not being to familiar with auto trans Mustangs. You might wanna have a shop look at it. They would be able to tell you the exact problem. Or possible someone on here would be able to give you a better idea.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

There are a couple of us on here in Baton Rouge that could take a look at the car for you and give you our assessment/opinion on whether you should go ahead with the purchase or not (assuming you are looking at buying this car which is why you are asking).

Where abouts in BR are you located and where is the car located? Myself and another member are usually around on weekends and could go look at it with you...

It'd be hard to know what could be wrong with it right now though without a better idea of what kind of noise that is being made.
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

^ what he said is true, if its whining while shifting could mean a few things, or if its chattering. also, aamco checks the trannys out for free, id check into it.

it isnt hard to swap a 5 speed into an auto car, it would definitely be more fun

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion