Autocross Season has begun! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
Autocross Season has begun!

I went to the first points event for the Great River Region SCCA in davenport last weekend. Ok, so I came in 4th out of 4 cars, but I wasn't driving my car. Mine is currently still scattered all over my garage. I drove my Fiancee's stock 00' mustang. STX is a hard class for a stock mustang. I managed to keep up with my friends WRX though. Until the last run where he beat me by a half second. So close.

Anyway, My car will be back together for this weekends race. I'm really looking forward to seeing how my car will run with the new cam and heads.

P.S. I'm the new autoX moderator here, so Hello everybody. Post away
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I wish there was autox closer to me ...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
hooray for davenport!! you were about 2 miles from where im from good ol bettendorf

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2004, 02:08 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Well welcome to the moderators group. I think you were an excellent choice for this area.

Congrats!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Well welcome to the moderators group. I think you were an excellent choice for this area.

Congrats!!!
Why thank you.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Old 04-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
Horse, can you explain to me exactly what AutoX is? Can anyone do it? More important.. could my car do it?
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sure, Autocross is generally held in a parking lot. They set up a track with hairpins, and sweeping corners, slaloms (sp?) all kinds of fun stuff. Sort of like an obstacle course for cars. The course is set up with traffic cones set up in pairs as gates. You ahve to drive your car through all the gates in order and you are timed. You usually don't get much past 60 MPH but you will experiance more driving than an formula one driver(read that in an autocross book). The turns are constant and you get to learn exactly what your car is capable of. Your car can do just fine. All cars are classed based on their model as well as what mods you have done. Cosmetic stuff like body kits and spoilers and stuff don't count as mods. They will tell you what class you can run based on your car when you take it through tech prior to the race start.
Check on the official solo II (what they call autocross in the Sports Car Club of America) website here:Solo II
Old 04-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
Ok so this is like one car at a time? This isn't like a racetrack with multiple cars going at it Le'Man's style then?
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:14 PM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
nope, one car at a time.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Sometimes there will be two cars on the track at the same time but it's not head to head racing. In that case they start one car and then once that car is safely ahead, the next car will start. It's a time race only.

And MAN is it fun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion