Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What Should I Buy

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  speed97racer 
#1 ·
Wow! It's been a very long time since I've been here and a lot of changes have been made to this board. I really don't know if I'm posting in the right place! I had a 2004 V6 that I wrecked in 2004. I bought an Infiniti and have put over 100K miles on that car and now looking to get new car. My wife has asked me to get another Mustang.

The problem is that I don't have a lot of money to spend and really can't afford a high car payment right now. I want to buy new because I would like to have a warranty for at least a few years. A GT is my first choice but it looks like I'm more in the price range of a V6. A few dealerships have a few '08 sitting around which I'm sure I can get for a few thousand less than an '09.

I haven't really done any research and don't have the time that I would like to read up on all of latest and greatest. Anything that I should look for or avoid? Is the '08 the same as the '09 for the most part or should I choose one over the other? I might even consider a used car with 10k or less. Bottom line, I'm looking to keep payments cheap. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

#8 ·
buy a used GT that is certified that way u get the low price, a GT, and the warrenty. It's the only way to go in my book

#9 ·
Thanks! Great suggestions from all of you. This will be my daily driver and I drive roughly 70miles round trip. So the warranty will run out very quickly either way I go. GT is my preferred choice but money is a big issue and the only way to get a GT in an affordable price range would be to purchase used with something like 40k miles. Because of the high miles I put on my Infiniti, my blue book value is horrible so I'm still upside down on that car. The only way to overcome that is to take advantage of the incentives Ford is offering right now. So I'm off to the dealership tomorrow. The only question is if I'm going with an '08 or an '09 V6. They had some '07 Saleens on the lot but I'm sure that is waaaaaaay out of my price range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.