so about the cobra - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #71
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: so about the cobra

Also, as long as you are making a shopping list, just go ahead and get the complete 4 idler package from billetflow because the 3 stock idlers have been known to grenade and come apart on pulleyed cars.
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

bout time someone that has a cobra gives me some help. I've just been rattling on from memory

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #73
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I was at lunch. Had to ship out my lower pulley ring today. Found a dude that wanted to trade his 4# for my 6#...so...I'll be around 20 psi now if I don't lose any boost from the headers.
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

tipicial boost loss from LTs is 1 psi

Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #75
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

That's what I'm hoping for.

Damn, it's a good thing no one is thanking me in this thread....I'd be over the moon with thanks. lol
Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

but than you would be ahead of me and we can't have that

Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #77
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

This is true.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to USMC Roush Send a message via MSN to USMC Roush

alright, thanks for the picture of the pulley set up, i'll get that too then. i'm at billitflows website as well. looking at all their stuff. and the thanks is coming for everyone on this one

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
USMC Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #79
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

well, any questions you have about the car, go ahead and post them up. I've had mine for a tick under 6 years now...since I watched it drive off the delivery truck at the dealership...and I've been down a couple of different mod paths and researched a ton of different options for the car since the day I ordered it in August 2002. So, I've seen, done, or read about most of the things you could ask.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

the instal on billitflow shows that the pulley needs a pulley puller and a special install tool. now how much of a pain can it be to put on...i've delt with pulleys before i've built a 2 cars in my past, 79 ford f-150 and a 68 camaro, i hate pulling pulleys.... i have had some bad experience's

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
Old 02-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

it should be the same as a P/S pump pulley removal and install

Old 02-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

i'll probably just get all the **** sent to me and then send it to my tuner and have him do the work since i'm not even in the states to begin with

Old 02-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #83
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Nope, it's not, but sort of.

The billetflow pulley hub needs it's own tool to pull off. Because it is smaller than the supercharger pulley and fits so tight to the snout of the eaton that some of the pulley pullers out there won't grab it enough to pull it off. For reference, the hub is about 1.5" in diameter or so.

But, that doesn't really apply to you since you will be pressing it on, not taking it off. Once it's on, it's on. To upgrade you just buy a new ring which is held on with 5 hex bolts and takes like 5 minutes to change out.

The BF hub presses on real simple and doesn't really require a special tool....
Old 02-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #84
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I would just recommend using a plate style pulley puller instead of the tong styles. The pulley will come right off no problem.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

awesome, sounds goood then, now i don't have to worry about my buddy at the shop ****ing it up and if he does oh well he just bought it haha... ok so for the pulley i'm suggested to get teh pulley, the extra idler, should i go ahead and get the UD pulleys while i'm at it?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

i'd rather have someone do it that knows alot more about it than i do, i'd hate to mess something up and blow something up. the exhaust and all i can do my self but i think i'm just going to have my bud do the pulleys and tune

Old 02-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #87
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

You don't install UD pulleys on an 03/04 cobra. You do NOT want your water pump being spun slower.

Get the 4 piece idler kit not just the extra idler. That way you will have piece of mind that your stockers won't grenade.

You won't want a lower pulley for your car yet until you get your car ported otherwise you will just be creating even more heat than normal. You will want to look into one of the head cooling mods in the near future. THe LDC style that you can buy from a member on here named Invictus....it requires the trans to be out. Or the Evenflow style which can be installed with the blower on, but, it is a bear to do. I have the evenflow but I installed it when I installed my ported blower 2 years ago.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

ok, so i'll get the 4 piece kit, i won't be doing anything with the lower end not now at least, i'm not wanting to spend a whole ****load on the car, i just want to have a car with exceptional power with the least amount spent ya know? i just bought a stage 3 kit for my wifes PT crusier using the dodge neon SRT 4 motor and tansmission so as long as she can't beat me i'll be happy haha!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #89
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

buy a borla catback and send it to me to have it polished for a nominal fee makes them turn out AMAZING here are some pics of my polish job I did on my borla stinger catback

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...bums45-995.jpg
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...bums45-997.jpg
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...bums45-996.jpg
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...bums45-990.jpg
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ums45-1090.jpg
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...ums45-1086.jpg
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #90
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^^ That's the last step in my reconstruction of the car this time around. The entire exhaust comes off tomorrow night when I remove the IRS for the complete bushing swap....This should be fun. lol
Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
what no military discount? haha just kidding, i could definately send them to you i don't see why not, i love how the cobra exhaust hangs a little lower than the rear bumper and can see it from the rear, it's just badass, maybe it's just me but i think it's cool

Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

LoL! so i was looking at those pictures and i definately had a brain fart and thought the trash can was definately your muffler and was like holy ****.... then i saw the pink bag

Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #93
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

lol you can do the work yourself if you like dont your own thing, I wrote a how to in the article section you can read, just make sure the catback you choose is stainless steel with no coating like the borla stinger is
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Seems like to be a good deal for the cobra, yellow though at least people won't miss you we you fly by them! Best wishes on itwned:

I'll have a 03/04 cobra one day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Roush View Post
I am definately going to be purchasing it, i got the price down to 18k from the dealership (w00t) but yeah i've done some research on it and every i've looked I hear people *****ing about the Shifter being to far forward? is this the case or is it just a case of sand in people's vigina and it's just fine if seat is adjusted?

:smoke: :evan:
KustomSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

So i finally got all my stuff ordered for my car, should be in within the next week or so for all of it. ordered a 2.81 pulley, Mid Headers, bbk o/r Xpipe and a Stinger exhaust.

so freakin' excited to get this stuff, sure i won't be back home for a while but still it'll be nice to have it when i get home.

Wife is going to take the car to a shop though and have my S/C ported. she has no idea what it is though and i'm blurry on it. what exactly is it when they port it so i can tell her though. i don't want her or me to get dicked by someone.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #96
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

nice, i am trying to decide on a 2.93 with idlers and a belt and a tune to finish it up or wheels/tires hmmmm
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

awesome, i dunno, I like the stock rims on the cars, they are really nice, I do like the Ford GT style wheels on them too though, both are nice wheel designs. just depends on all what you're going for i guess, looks or power haha, i'm definately in it for the power though, i'm just going for a 500RWHP car and i'll be happy well 500/500 at least.

what all entales a S/C porting?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #98
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

You take your's off, box it up, ship it off, within 5-6 days it should be back to you to be re-installed. Steigemeier is the leading authority on porting, however a new guy is also doing some porting and has picked up some power over top of an already steig ported eaton...his name is posi on several forums other than this one, and is located closer to you I believe. His company is called Posi Performance.

or, you buy one of the many that are for sale used.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome, thanks alot, i'll have to check into it then...sorry about the silence lately too, been kinda busy here, alot of **** broke all at once... i'm the only turbo mechanic here for our generators...****ing sucks

one question off topic, my signature picture isn't showing up, does anyone know how to fix that? or am i just dumb and did something wrong

Old 02-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #100
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Roush View Post
Awesome, thanks alot, i'll have to check into it then...sorry about the silence lately too, been kinda busy here, alot of **** broke all at once... i'm the only turbo mechanic here for our generators...****ing sucks

one question off topic, my signature picture isn't showing up, does anyone know how to fix that? or am i just dumb and did something wrong

You're just dumb.

Nah, you needed to put [ sigpic ][ /sigpic ] in order for the pic to show. I added it to your sig, you can move that set of tags around to be before or after the text as you see fit.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

USMC Roush glad you got the car.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Venom, yeah i figured i was just dumb and 1234 i've very glad i got the car, i believe it'll be a great investment down the road.

now i just gotta hit up spector V once i get home to have him chrome all my exhaust pipes

Ill also be glad when i'm not a newbie anymore haha.. blah

Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

I'm very glad i got the car, i believe it'll be a great investment in the long run and hopefully bring me many years of fun and excitement

Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

well damn it showed my post as deleted so i repost and then boom it's back

Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #105
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Well look what I missed out on for being off for a few days lol.

Nice choice in both the upper and 4 piece idler, same setup I'm using. I have a Stage V ported blower from Steggy I picked up from a friend for 600 bucks. 2# lower, etc etc etc. I'm hoping when I get all this together and on the dyno it'll be a nice difference.

If all you are wanting is 500 you can easily get to that with a completely safe tune on the car. I'm expecing numbers north of that and still with a very safe tune.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion