New GT500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
New GT500

Well I know the usual suspects are going to tell me that the GT500 is virtually mass produced & Ford are again jumping on the revenue bandwagon, BUT is anyone suprised that the 2010 GT500 is around & already entering dealerships ?. Some will know that I purchased my beauty last year (July 08), & frankly I am rather hacked off that the next generation is already on the scene. Bought "Car & Driver" or whatever this week featuring the new model, ok upped the BHP a bit changed the shape a little & snazzed the interior up & once again supposedly screwed with the suspension, BUT it didn't make me too angry. I do however remain a little disappointed ok call me naive what say you "Redsnake" are you just a little bummed ?, or taking it on the chin & little bothered > I PROMISE the "Whitesnake" pictures will be posted been traveling for ever with little time to spare, look on site over next couple of weeks they will be there. ( Just going in Larry for her 3000 mile oil change ! - what are your miles ?)
English Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: New GT500

I'd like to hear what the salesman that were justifying the ridiculous markups back in 07 by saying "This is a one year one off mustang, limited production" have to say about the 08...09...and now 10 models.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well Venom not sure they were saying that in 07 but certainly indicated 08 was end of the run. I remain therefore annoyed with the bollocks they are now coming out with and do feel somewhat cheated. I wander what they are trying to get for the new iteration, bet that price bump seen in 07/08 has buggered off & they will struggle @ MSRP - love to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Yeah, in 07 they were claiming it was a single year only car...that was the big excuse back then. Then in 08, like you said, they were claiming it was the last year of them. Anything to make a buck. But, I'm like you and I enjoy the fact that it is getting harder for them to squeeze those extra dollars out of people.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

You can always join the pissed off buyer club. GT500 ,Roush Blackjack and bullitt. Were all suppose to be a one year run !!! Money talks

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the gt500 for 2010 will be the best one yet, its all about looks though some dont like the new style~ I like some of it and not other parts. I would be very happy with a 07-09 version though, the hp raise really is insignificant considering how EASY it is to do the same mods yourself and get MORE power than the 2010 has
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

the gt500 for 2010 will be the best one yet, its all about looks though some dont like the new style~ I like some of it and not other parts. I would be very happy with a 07-09 version though, the hp raise really is insignificant considering how EASY it is to do the same mods yourself and get MORE power than the 2010 has

All good points Spector especially the latter, a matter I intend to fix very soon. Fankly I rather think the 2010 appears from press photo's to be almost too rounded/fluid/sophisticated & the slightly (In my view) rawer, more aggressive appearance of the 07 -09 is preferable, I certainly have no real regrets, just I suppose arguing a principle. Keeping mine until I leave this earthly coil, then goes to my son who hopes I pop my clogs ASAP, so he can get his hands on it !!!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

My main looks issues with the redesign is the back bumper, it just doesnt look good.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion