New "revised" MOTM to begin in April - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang of the Month

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:40 AM   #1
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
New "revised" MOTM to begin in April

We have discussed the MOTM, and have decided to add some new ideas, based on your input, and those of the staff..

Here is what we have come up with:

Nominations and voting:

We will create a sticky thread to open the nominations at the beginning of each month, beginning April 2015. You can nominate a Mustang, based on the theme for that month (see themes below; only one theme will be used each month). Nominations will run for the first week of each month, and then those nominated Mustangs will be placed for vote for that month in a poll thread. A nominated Mustang may request it be removed from the voting for that month by sending any staff member a PM for any reason, perhaps (as an example) they feel their Mustang would do better on a month with a different "theme". The staff at ME can also remove a nomination if they find that the Mustang being nominated did not follow the rules for nomination or voting. A members Mustang will be allowed to be nominated again any month, provided they qualify for that theme.

Nominees must have a thread in either the Member Garage forum or one in the MOTM forum (the one in the MOTM forum will be deleted after that months voting has been completed; a new one must be created if that member wants to be considered for the next months theme) and place as many pictures as they feel will help them obtain a nomination by the ME membership. This thread containing pictures can also be used to help obtain the highest vote if their Mustang was nominated and moved to the voting stage. No pictures? Then your Mustang would not be elegable for nomination, nor move from the nomination phase to the voting stage. Since there will be themed months, pictures should represent that theme (i.e a "mod" theme should have pictures of your mods; a special theme should reflect your Mustang as it pertains to that theme).

Members may request a particular theme to be used in upcoming months; we will change or assign themes based on popularity requests for future months.

Themes:

Themes were assigned to each month by membership suggestions, or by the staff for the MOTM to be nominated and then voted on for that particular month. Here is a list that was used for assignment:

Junker to Jem (found a clunker or basket case; restored it)

Best custom look (anything goes here, but the ME membership decides who wins!)

Best mods (anything goes here, but the ME membership decides who wins!)

Best stock (no modifications or custom changes please)

Best classic (tough; anything that's 20 years or older would be a good candidate)

Costume theme (Used in months such as Holloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday month)

Car in some setting (like the woods or on the beach)

Car and barn (Mustang posed with a barn in the backround)

Roadtrip! (Mustang involved in a carshow drive)

Best Convertible (no explaination required here)

View through the windshield (be safe! Use a passenger to take the photo please, or a GoPro)

Carwash day - (Could be interesting....rated PG, meaning clothing required!)

Existing rules still apply:

General Rules:

1) Please be courteous to other members, and nominees. Insulting and rude remarks made from one nominee to another are grounds for permanent disqualification, and participation in the Mustang of The Month, as well as any other actions that violate the community rules posted at the bottom of this site. We’ve yet to have an issue, so it’s safe to assume that we won’t in the future.

2) Please vote for what you think is the best Mustang based on the selected theme for the month. MOTM is not designed to be a popularity contest of the owner/member.

3) Voting will start after the first week of nominations, and run until the second to the last day of that month.

4) Any staff member has the right to veto any nomination for reasons that it violates the community rules, or found offensive.

5) Admins/Moderators are eligible to nominate other members and participate in the voting.

Nominations & Themes:

1) Monthly themes will be posted prior to the next month MOTM. The theme will be determined by the staff, or by popular demand of the ME membership, prior to that month begining its nominations.

2) No limit as to how many Mustangs are nominated; however, the staff may select 5 or 6 Mustangs for a given month based on the nomination count by the ME membership in order to obtain vote count during the actual voting period.

3) If a member has received a nomination for a particular month, they are still eligible for any other month, as long as their Mustang fits that months theme, and they are nominated by an ME member.

4) Members can nominate themselves. A member may not solicit/spam other members for nominations. (If this has been determined by the ME staff, a member will automatically be disqualified from participating in the MOTM).

5) During the week of nominations, we urge that a member interested in getting nominated start a thread in the MOTM forum, with pictures. We will allow you to add one new picture each day to keep your post at the top (no bumps or multiple posting of pictures per day will be allowed). The thread can also point to a link in the garage where that members Mustang has additional pictures that can be used to reflect the theme for the month.

6) Themes will be assigned for the months here on the MOTM forum in another sticky thread. As an example, October would be a Holloween month theme. A member wanting to be considered for nomination that month would start a thread in late September (last two weeks of the previous month) in the MOTM forum with pictures of his/her Mustang relating to Halloween. Members would view these threads for consideration for nomination for that month coming up. The member will be allowed to bump their thread once each week for two weeks if it drops within the MOTM forum. A member could also add pictures to their garage prior to that month as well.

7) In December we may have two polls; one for January (new year), and one for the Mustang of the Year based on the winners of each MOTM winner of the current year, and chosen by our sponsor.

We will have two voting selections for Mustang of the year, to be chosen from the MOTM year winners; one voting selection will be chosen by the Mustang Evolution members, and one will be chosen from American Muscle. The winner chosen by American Muscle will be awarded an AM gift certificate.
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Absolutely love the new ideas guys! Great work and thank you for all you volunteer and do here on the forum.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Sounds great guys. Thank you for revamping this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to see this up again.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'm excited to! This should be lots of fun and no single person is doing work anymore.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sounds great. Thanks for the hard work. I do want to voice some concern about the last point: "but we are talking with one of our sponsors to see if they would be interested in selecting the Mustang Of The Year and providing a gift certificate to that winner." I would be worried that if the sponsor selects the winner, they would be biased towards cars that feature parts/mods purchased through them. For example, maybe AM wouldn't want to pick a car that was Steeda tuned and has a Steeda CAI, etc. Having a sponsor and a gift for the winner is cool, but I wonder if having the sponsor pick the winner rather than it being a member vote is a necessary component...
Old 03-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Sounds great. Thanks for the hard work. I do want to voice some concern about the last point: "but we are talking with one of our sponsors to see if they would be interested in selecting the Mustang Of The Year and providing a gift certificate to that winner." I would be worried that if the sponsor selects the winner, they would be biased towards cars that feature parts/mods purchased through them. For example, maybe AM wouldn't want to pick a car that was Steeda tuned and has a Steeda CAI, etc. Having a sponsor and a gift for the winner is cool, but I wonder if having the sponsor pick the winner rather than it being a member vote is a necessary component...

I have addressed the concern. AM does sell Steeda parts. Granted not all of them.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

So we can't nominate ourselves so we have to have another member put us up correct?

2002 3.8l v6 automatic
Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather_Not_Dot View Post
So we can't nominate ourselves so we have to have another member put us up correct?

2002 3.8l v6 automatic

That is correct
Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I have addressed the concern. AM does sell Steeda parts. Granted not all of them.
Based on this concern, we will have two voting selections for Mustang of the year, to be chosen from the MOTM year winners; one voting selection will be chosen by the Mustang Evolution members, and one will be chosen from American Muscle. The winner chosen by American Muscle will be awarded an AM gift certificate.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
We have discussed the MOTM, and have decided to add some new ideas, based on your input, and those of the staff..

Here is what we have come up with:

Nominations and voting:

Nominees must create a post in the Member Garage forum and place as many pictures as they feel will help them gain the highest vote if their Mustang is nominated. No pictures, then your Mustang will not move from the nomination phase to the voting stage! Since there will be themed months, pictures should represent that theme (i.e a "mod" theme should have pictures of your mods; a costume theme should reflect your Mustang as it pertains to that holiday).

Existing rules still apply:

General Rules:

2) Please vote for what you think is the best Mustang based on selected theme for the month. It is NOT supposed to be a popularity contest.

Nominations & Themes:

4) Members can nominate themselves. You cannot solicit/spam other members for nominations. (If this happens a member will automatically be disqualified from participating in the MOTM)

I have a couple questions. I am in my garage right now and only see specific categories within my car, and only a link to add a few pictures for each category, ex. Exterior, Interior, etc. Where are we supposed to be posting all of the pictures for the contest, like barn pics, etc?

There are a lot of cars in the garage, it would be a nightmare going through everyone's garages looking for a picture that is valid for that month's contest. Is there a way for people to throw their own hat in the ring to at least make it easier for everyone to look for cars to nominate without having to search every single garage just to find appropriate pictures for the month? If finding cars isn't made a little easier, I don't see how it could be anything other than a popularity contest for the people who are the most known and active.

Or am I missing something really simple here I am not aware of with either of these points?

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
Old 03-19-2015, 03:17 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

We will announce the "theme" for a given month in time for you to place pictures to qualify for that theme by placing pictures in a thread here, on the MOTM forum.

As an example, October would have a theme of Halloween, so in September, you could start a new thread here on MOTM, showing off your Mustang with Holloween type shots of your Mustang, rather than place them in the garage.

Please see the changes made for "5)" under Nominations and Themes. It states that we encourage any member that wants their Mustang to be considered for nomination by the members here to start a thread on MOTM with pictures. You can add one picture per day on this thread during the week of open nominations. No bumps will be allowed, and no multiple pictures per day will be allowed. This can disqualify a member if the OP of that thread does it, or has another member add posts of any sort in an attempt to bump the thread to the top.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
This is going to be fun. Ive done this on other forums and its great for the members. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 03-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We will announce the "theme" for a given month in time for you to place pictures to qualify for that theme by placing pictures in a thread here, on the MOTM forum.

As an example, October would have a theme of Halloween, so in September, you could start a new thread here on MOTM, showing off your Mustang with Holloween type shots of your Mustang, rather than place them in the garage.

Please see the changes made for "5)" under Nominations and Themes. It states that we encourage any member that wants their Mustang to be considered for nomination by the members here to start a thread on MOTM with pictures. You can add one picture per day on this thread during the week of open nominations. No bumps will be allowed, and no multiple pictures per day will be allowed. This can disqualify a member if the OP of that thread does it, or has another member add posts of any sort in an attempt to bump the thread to the top.

So where do we go to post our pictures for MOTM?

2002 3.8l v6 automatic
Old 03-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather_Not_Dot View Post
So where do we go to post our pictures for MOTM?

2002 3.8l v6 automatic

You can post your pictures in this section. So on the App hit back, and create your own thread.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
love the new ideas! i used to do the MOTM a few years back and this way is just so much better and so much more fun!

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

i'd like to make a post for my 2015 to be in for April, however I cannot post in the MOTM section, and when I try to create my garage i get an error when trying to upload a cover photo..... help?

Old 03-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

April is almost here and no one has started posting pictures yet. Anyone?

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 03-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
What's the point?

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
What's the point?

Adventure till you drop

Point of what, posting pictures? Or my post?

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
Old 03-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Just seems a bit flawed to me...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 03:57 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Just seems a bit flawed to me...

Adventure till you drop
Difficult to guess at what you are refering to; specifics would help.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 AM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

One is the buddy system. Even though you stated vote for the best in each category, the buddy system will always be there.
Another just a thought really, maybe for mods divide it into two groups. Say I wanted to participate and being my car has a CAI, billet grille, and third brake light cover only, it would have to go under mod. Since it has mods it can't go under stock. Which in this case a car that's lightly modded competing against heavily modded cars, would lose most of the time. Since the heavier modded cars will be the more radical of the two. So maybe do a lightly modded class and a heavily modded class. And for rules a car with an X (decided by you and other members of the staff/mods/admins) number of mods and lower competes in the lightly modded class and above that number it's in heavily modded class. A couple more reasons but can't think of them right now...
Just my .02...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Take soccers bullitt for example. Since he has some appearance mods/upgrades he would be under custom look. And being he has done performance mods although they are mostly suspension mods he would have to be under modded. Which brings up a question can he/anyone compete in more than one class in the same month ( also in different months) or not? Not fault to you guys, I just would like a little more details on the rules for participation and class rules...
I've read your post and if this has been cover I apologize, I must have skipped it...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
One is the buddy system. Even though you stated vote for the best in each category, the buddy system will always be there.
Another just a thought really, maybe for mods divide it into two groups. Say I wanted to participate and being my car has a CAI, billet grille, and third brake light cover only, it would have to go under mod. Since it has mods it can't go under stock. Which in this case a car that's lightly modded competing against heavily modded cars, would lose most of the time. Since the heavier modded cars will be the more radical of the two. So maybe do a lightly modded class and a heavily modded class. And for rules a car with an X (decided by you and other members of the staff/mods/admins) number of mods and lower competes in the lightly modded class and above that number it's in heavily modded class. A couple more reasons but can't think of them right now...
Just my .02...

Adventure till you drop
That's true, my car is beautiful and mostly stock, but because I have Roush side splitters and an RTR decklid panel, I'm out for this month. But I wouldn't stand a chance against the more heavily modded cars in the modded month.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #26
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Would have been a great theme to add, but too late for June. We can add "Lightly Modded", but will then have to determine a definition of "lightly" modded. Limit it to three mods? Four mods? This will get into a difficult problem, as it will also be hard for anyone to determine if a vehicle matches allowed mods to be catagorized as lightly modded from posted pictures. As an example, lets say the members here state a lightly modded Mustang is 4 mods; if the hood is closed, how would we know? We could see the exterior, but if no pictures are presented for the interior or engine, we'd be assuming...

And as you state, we simply have no way to determine if the "buddy system" is being observed or not. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to determine that with an online forum.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

You can make it mandatory for engine and interior pictures as part of the rules...
It just doesn't seem fair to me that people with only a few mods would have to compete with someone who has a lot done to their car. That kind of judging, to me, is like who has more money in their car...
Same goes for the stock class, if you have, a classic, a fox, or an sn95/new edge, even a 05-09 s197 competing and someone with a s550 competes then the s550 would most likely win, if judged on pristine condition. Since the leather wasn't as good a quality as it is now, and body, on older cars, could possibly have flaws in it. And the fact that the s550 would literally be show room condition, since it came several months ago...
But you are right honesty would play a big role in the category...
Maybe add lightly modded next year...
I'm not trying to start anything just my thoughts on the system...
If I offend anyone I apologize, not my intentions...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

I actually like that the MOTM promotes friendly conversation between all makes and models. Crazy question, when was the last actual MOTM?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:25 AM   #29
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
You can make it mandatory for engine and interior pictures as part of the rules...
It just doesn't seem fair to me that people with only a few mods would have to compete with someone who has a lot done to their car. That kind of judging, to me, is like who has more money in their car...
Same goes for the stock class, if you have, a classic, a fox, or an sn95/new edge, even a 05-09 s197 competing and someone with a s550 competes then the s550 would most likely win, if judged on pristine condition. Since the leather wasn't as good a quality as it is now, and body, on older cars, could possibly have flaws in it. And the fact that the s550 would literally be show room condition, since it came several months ago...
But you are right honesty would play a big role in the category...
Maybe add lightly modded next year...
I'm not trying to start anything just my thoughts on the system...
If I offend anyone I apologize, not my intentions...

Adventure till you drop
We are always open to suggestions on how to run MOTM, and if we can create a light/moderate mod theme, we can discuss what is considered light/moderate in the way of mods, then inforce rules for photos for those that qualify and wish to be nominated. This is an excellent idea.

We want MOTM to be successful and equal to all members of Mustang Evolution, which is why we initially selected what we thought would be easier themes that would allow all members Mustangs to qualify for a particular month.

The months that have a holiday theme can make it easy for any Mustang that gets creative with their photos pertaining to those themes.

But there's always room for improvement and we are listening; we will do our best to make MOTM the best for all the members.

To answer Ubnbit's question, it got stale, so we stopped for a long period of time. These new changes to MOTM came from our members and staff, and we hope to add more and more themes to keep it fresh for a long time.

Having our American Muscle sponsor involved with their choice of MOTM of the year is exciting too! They will pick from the monthly winners, as well as the members of Mustang Evolution also electing their choice.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Well this MOTM already has the stench of failure...

I can't even post a thread in this forum because it says that I'm not allowed to do so.

And I'm not sure which one of you came up with the contest guidelines
Old 04-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

To be honest, I thought it was going to be like a car show...
As in having all these classes, at the same, time every month, not one particular class every month...
That was my first impression, but found out that wasn't the case...
I'm not faulting you guys for anything, you did the best you could with what you thought would be fair, and I respect that...

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #32
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well this MOTM already has the stench of failure...

I can't even post a thread in this forum because it says that I'm not allowed to do so.

And I'm not sure which one of you came up with the contest guidelines
Checking on this now...I'm not aware that members could not post in this forum.

If this is the case, we will suspend April to correct this issue (explains why no one has made a nomination yet).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If this is the case, we will suspend April to correct this issue (explains why no one has made a nomination yet).

Also, just start a self-nomination thread Bucko. Some of the themes, later in the year, are going to be extremely difficult to nominate someone for because we aren't going to know who is planning on welding a steel Turkey on their roof for November. And the Newbies are going to have a hard time getting nominated period...
Let's try to take some of the "popularity contest"aspect out of it.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

so it wasn't just me with that issue...

Old 04-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #35
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Also, just start a self-nomination thread Bucko. Some of the themes, later in the year, are going to be extremely difficult to nominate someone for because we aren't going to know who is planning on welding a steel Turkey on their roof for November. And the Newbies are going to have a hard time getting nominated period...
Let's try to take some of the "popularity contest"aspect out of it.
For the holiday themes, we are looking forward to a Mustang with a backround of "leaves changing" during November, or a setting more appropriate to a Thanksgiving surounding. Personally, I'm looking forward to the creativity I know the membership has demonstrated.

However, should some decide to weld a turkey to their pristine Mustang in hopes it will gain them a nomination, and get the high votes from this site membership, go right ahead.

But as many others here would agree, I have faith in ME's membership towards their pride in their Mustang.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang of the Month