Place nominations here for May's MOTM or create your own thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang of the Month

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Place nominations here for May's MOTM or create your own thread

Please add a reply on this thread for any Mustang you would like to nominate as MOTM for May. The theme is "Best Mods" (Anything goes here; engine, suspension, body, etc).

Post pictures of the Mustang you wish to be considered for nomination, and also use them to vote on if your Mustang is one of the 6 elected to the voting poll at the end of the nomination period.

A link can be added to your post pointing to your members garage if one exists, or to another location where pictures can be easily viewed. Red squares that appear will not be corrected by the staff, so please don't ask!

Place as many replies with pictures as you want; once a reply is made, you cannot edit it, so a new reply needs to be made if you are adding more pictures.

We will close this thread at the end of the nomination period, count the nominations, and the top 6 will be selected for the poll voting thread that will appear here on this MOTM forum.

Good luck! Let's see the nominations!

Also, please refrain from asking questions or posting other entries in this thread other than nominations.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Canada
Nomination - Self

MOTM May – Best mods (Anything goes here; engine, suspension, body, etc)

Well “Best mods (Anything goes here; engine, suspension, body, etc.)” Is a perfect theme for my Mustang because I have done it all!

I purchased my 2008 GT/CS in May 2009, it was a daily rental with 14,739 km on the odometer and was as one would expect absolutely completely stock. Ford information regarding my car is “Limited-edition 2008 Ford Mustang GT California Special assembled at Auto Alliance International on 05/05/2008. This vehicle is number 4,688 of a build of 4,918 coupes and is 1,215 of 1,278 manufactured in Dark Candy Apple Red.”

Here is what it looked like just home from the dealership.

Here is what it looks like now.

I started formulating plans for modifying my GT/CS on the drive home from the “stealership” and the mods literally started immediately. Clearly, as many of you will attest modifying our cars is not only a hobby but an addiction. There is not much on my car that I haven`t changed in some way. My current Air Lift Performance suspension counting the OEM is the fourth suspension I have had in my car. In addition to the suspension many of the OEM components have been replaced including: the engine, hood, radiator, fan, k-member, a-arms, radiator support, radiator hoses, coolant expansion tanks, water pump, idler pulleys, throttle body, fuel pump, fuel rails, fuel injectors, fuel lines, MAF sensor, exhaust system, battery tray, drive shaft, transmission pan, torque converter, transmission input shaft, transmission servos, transmission shifter, gears, panhard bar panhard bar brace, lower control arms, upper control arm, upper control arm mount, front and rear sways bars, jounce bumpers, headlights, taillights, fog lights, park lights, map lights, illuminated door sill plates, front and parcel shelf speakers, shaker 500 radio, rear seats, rear spoiler, front calipers and rotors, rear rotors, stainless steel brake hoses, grille, gas cap, wheels, tires, front wheel hubs, rear wheel studs and I am sure you get the idea as the list goes on and on.

In the winter of 2012 I assembled a completely new motor around a Ford Racing ``Aluminator`` short block with new Ford Racing CNC high flow cylinder heads, Comp Cams stage 2 blower grind cams, Triangle Speed Shop (billet gear) oil pump, ATI harmonic balancer, Ford Racing performance intake manifold, ID1000 fuel injectors, Moroso oil pan and fabricated valve covers, ARP fasteners and other required components. Once the motor was complete DaSilva Racing did the engine swap for me. I am pretty happy with the results of the build as my 4.6L 3V makes 585 at the wheels through an automatic and cats. I have a few more tweaks in mind as I would like to break 600 RWHP.

The finished product, 585 RWHP through an automatic and cats.

My build has used components from the following manufactures: AeroFroce Technology Inc., AFCO, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, American Racing Headers, amustangrocksleather, Anzo USA, ARP, ATI, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, B&M, BMR Suspensions, Canton Racing Products, Circle D Specialties, Comp Cams, Cervini's Auto Design, California Pony Cars, Corbeau, DiabloSport, Diode Dynamics, Flaming River, Ford Racing Performance Parts, Fore Innovations, Hypertech, Injector Dynamics, Kirban Performance, Livernois, Lube Locker, McGard, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, Metco, Meziere, M&H Racemaster, Mickey Thompson, Mishimoto, Moroso, Moser, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, PMAS, PRW, Race Star Industries, Raxiom, Roush, Royal Purple, Russell Performance, SCT, Shelby Performance Parts, Speed of Sound, Silver Horse Racing, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, Strange Engineering, Street Scene, TA Performance, Taylor, TCI Auto, Trick Flow Specialties, Triangle Speed Shop, TurboXS, UPR Products & Vortech Superchargers.

I am currently building a new “built-proof” 8.8” differential shortened 1” on each side with the objective of airing out the suspension with 325/50/15’s on Race Star wheels tucked within the fender line. The new diff contains Strange Engineering 35 spline axles, spool, C-Clip Eliminators, 4:10 gears, Moser Carrier Studs, a Ford Racing Girdle, BMR LCA and sway bar relocation brackets. Here the diff is ready for painting.

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
^ This gets my nomination.
Mustang wanted for here...
Old 05-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Registered Member

Region: Other
^uhh yeah you win bud. That thing is insane. And all very nicely done. Got my vote as a nominee
Old 05-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Registered Member

Region: Kentucky
Place nominations here for May's MOTM or create your own thread

Yeah, Scott has my vote. Your car is kinda built like Fabman's. Dude at my school had a 08 GT/CS like yours but his was stock and a manual.

Adventure till you drop
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Old 05-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Add my nom. to Scott and end the month lol.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
Ditto here for Scott.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Mustang of the Month