06 shaker 500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
06 shaker 500

Today my cd player/ radio freaked out. I turned the car on and the radio system seemed to have locked up. I couldn't do anything (no volume was coming out the speakers) and I if I tried to hit buttons nothing worked. I pulled over turned the car off and opened the door and it still stayed on but nothing was playing. Went back out to check my car and it was still on 10 minutes after I got out the car. And very warm to the touch Waited an hour or so went out and it was off. Started the car up and now the radio acts normal. Anyone else have any issues like this?!? My car only has 40,000 miles on it and I've never messed with the electronics.

The best cars cant be bought, they must be built, and built by a chick!
My first love, built with sweat, love, and tears.
Stangluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangluv
Today my cd player/ radio freaked out. I turned the car on and the radio system seemed to have locked up. I couldn't do anything (no volume was coming out the speakers) and I if I tried to hit buttons nothing worked. I pulled over turned the car off and opened the door and it still stayed on but nothing was playing. Went back out to check my car and it was still on 10 minutes after I got out the car. And very warm to the touch Waited an hour or so went out and it was off. Started the car up and now the radio acts normal. Anyone else have any issues like this?!? My car only has 40,000 miles on it and I've never messed with the electronics.
Probably just the amp overheating. It will shutdown when it senses too much heat, making all your speakers not produce any noise.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Any thing I can do to prevent this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Any thing I can do to prevent this?
Not really... It's just them heating up. It's really hot right now anyways, at least where I am, so that doesn't help it either.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

Not really... It's just them heating up. It's really hot right now anyways, at least where I am, so that doesn't help it either.
Yeap it's hot here too. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeap it's hot here too. Thanks for the info.
You're welcome... I mean, you could always hook up some little computer fans.. Idk how you would wire them, but people sometimes do it with aftermarket amps that aren't very good at cooling.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang