Choosing a V6 over a V8 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
06REDF1RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13
to the kid who says only girls drive the sixes, why dont u start your v8 put your mouth on the exhaust and suck real hard. I have owned plenty of cars in my lifetime, trans ams, camaroes, thunderbirds, u name it. my 07 mustang v6 is my first six banger, and i can tell you it drives better than all of them. dosent matter 8 or six, if u dont know how to drive them, then your wasting your time anyway. and if u drive a gt, then why waste your money on it? why not buy a shelby? my point is we are all mustang owners, v6 or 8, so why bash each other. the mustang is a true american car. and we should all be proud to own one.
+1 soo true haha. A mustang is a mustang plain and simple!
__________________
2004 GT Premium Package: mach 1 grille delete, 8" shorty antenna, CDC lightbar, borla stingers, UPR o/r x, Black chrome bumper inserts, redline tuning hood struts, white face gauges, raxiom smoked tail lights.
Born on 3/31/04
06REDF1RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
+my entire respect. Haha!
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #38
Registered User
Newbie
 
blue05stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
I have a 05 v6 and it is plenty fast and I love it. It's my first mustang and it works for my situation cause I don't make enough to afford the GT. Cheaper insurance, gas. I will get a v8 at some point. Either way, it's a great muscle car
blue05stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ronin327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 61
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

i got a V6 because a V8 was not with in my budget so i am making the best of my sixxer. I have modded it out, had it tuned and improved the suspension on it . it my daily driver so i treat her right and she does what i need her to do. I also enjoy Autocross racing where crazy speed is not really needed and its also fun as hell!

__________________
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/breacher327/Beeville-20110701-00163-1-2-1.jpg

2010 V6 Premium Mustang , Pypes street-pro Axle back exhaust, K&N Drop in with modified Air box, Diablosport Predator 93 octane Performance Tune, Ford Racing Lowering springs, and Steeda Autorsports Front and Rear Sway Bars.
Ronin327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin327
i got a V6 because a V8 was not with in my budget so i am making the best of my sixxer. I have modded it out, had it tuned and improved the suspension on it . it my daily driver so i treat her right and she does what i need her to do. I also enjoy Autocross racing where crazy speed is not really needed and its also fun as hell!

What all mods have you done to it??... Maybe it's just me but I thought I heard those tires bark a few times!!.... Lol

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I have learned that a well thought out and built V6 can be a very fast car!.. I know 3 built V6 mustangs personally!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:36 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ronin327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 61
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

Pypes street-pro Axle back exhaust, K&N Drop in with modified Air box, Diablosport Predator 93 octane Performance Tune, Ford Racing Lowering springs, and Steeda Autorsports Front and Rear Sway Bars.
__________________
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/breacher327/Beeville-20110701-00163-1-2-1.jpg

2010 V6 Premium Mustang , Pypes street-pro Axle back exhaust, K&N Drop in with modified Air box, Diablosport Predator 93 octane Performance Tune, Ford Racing Lowering springs, and Steeda Autorsports Front and Rear Sway Bars.
Ronin327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin327
Pypes street-pro Axle back exhaust, K&N Drop in with modified Air box, Diablosport Predator 93 octane Performance Tune, Ford Racing Lowering springs, and Steeda Autorsports Front and Rear Sway Bars.
Sounds like fun ride there!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96civic87
I got the v6 because i dare to be different. Every mustang owner has a v8 lol i like to change it up. Sixers always stick up for one another. Ur car can still be fast and nice even tgough it ls a v6.
C'mon now. The reason everyone gets a v8 is because there much better. It's not because we're all followers!
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryanbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 185
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

The V6 is a great car for those just stepping into the mustang scene, My first mustang was a 1998 v6 convertible and I loved that car! I had an exhaust company put true duals with flomasters and that car just purred and sounded anything other than a v6. Great first mustang. Now hears the deal with the GT. The last 4 mustangs I have had were all v8's and this is why... #1 resale.. It is harder to find people interested in your v6 whrn it comes time to sale and you will not get what its worth. want to sale a mustang quicker than lightening sell a V8 5speed convertible... gone the next day for top dollar. #2 mods.. the last thing daddy wants to see when he buys your used 6er for his 16year old daughter are mods! ...same goes for daddy buying it for the son because he will think the car may have been abused and that the mods will encourage poor driving habits, Same for dealers as they have delt with this already in the past and are wise to it. Its one thing to go to a used lot and see a GT with mods most people have prepared themselves to see maybe an intake or what have ya, but its a red flag on a v6. #3 If your going to horseplay in a v6 be prepared for things to break. like power takeoffs or just mildly roasting the tires a little for that wife in the passanger seat that just begged you to!?!? than your gonna go threw rear ends. and so on and what not... its a v6 and was designed to keep the breed alive and sales up, Therefore you get what you pay for and the 6 is just not near as rugged as the GT. Theres more I could touch on but thats enough for now. again the V6 is a great introductory car, but thats it. the value is in the GT... weather it be resale, mods,build tuffness, and so on. thats why out of all 5 mustangs I have owned the last 4 have been GT's
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
TaylorF25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 296
I agree with you on all of that. I have had my 03 v6 for about a year now. I am kind of undecided on what stang for me to buy next. Owning this v6 has given me the experience of driving and working on mustangs in general.
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
dolfin13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 224
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

i disagree, I have owned both 6s and v8s, its just a matter of preferance
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #47
Registered User
Newbie
 
EllieGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2
I had a six as my first car and first mustang. I never did any performance mods but I did copius exterior mods. It was a beautiful car and so much fun to drive. Not to mention better mileage. But now with my GT im so in love because of the performance aspect and other options I have to make this one all my own.
EllieGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #48
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Honestly, I bought the V8 because of the return of the 5.0. It's a piece of history in my driveway. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Big deal about the power, a V6 could get a supercharger and be faster then me. There will alway be someone faster. I just love my car.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
TaylorF25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 296
I couldn't have said it better
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
bryanbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 185
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13 View Post
i disagree, I have owned both 6s and v8s, its just a matter of preferance
No! ....its an all around matter of build quality against budget. read books such as.."2005 a new breed of mustang" or any quality ford approved book on the mustang and Ford themselves tell you what the Mustang V6 is. Ford actually calls the v6 mustangs "a secretary's cars" and in quote made to keep the mustang alive. Because the cars sole purpose was to rack up unit production so that ford could dominate the ponycar market with their GT models and limited production series. THEREFORE.. when you buy a v6 you get a T5 instead of a Tremic 3650, you get a wimpy rear axel, suspension is not as complex as the GT because of the lowered sticker price and in being a car to appeal to women needed to be softened up for a cushy ride, Thus the speed governor being set to 114mph. Because of the need to keep the V6 sticker price cheep for anyone to afford it you get smaller breaks, they are limited on trim packages, off the floor dealership tires are cheeper, pretty sure the 6 didn't get the new segmented drive shaft as well. I could make better points and more of them but I don't feel like cracking out the books, work sucked today and im tired
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
dolfin13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 224
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

well for one with the tuner it disables the governer, and i can smoke my tires just as good as ant gt around. and my car gets attention everywhere i go, and next year im gonna rock it at the car shows, put it only one this year and parked it right next to a gt, with my car getting most of the attention. also u could say why did u buy the 4.6,when u could of bought the 5.0, when the 5.0 is a far better car looks and performance wise. and why did u buy the 5.0 when u could of bought the shelby or the boss 302, and i could keep going on but im tired.
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13
well for one with the tuner it disables the governer, and i can smoke my tires just as good as ant gt around. and my car gets attention everywhere i go, and next year im gonna rock it at the car shows, put it only one this year and parked it right next to a gt, with my car getting most of the attention. also u could say why did u buy the 4.6,when u could of bought the 5.0, when the 5.0 is a far better car looks and performance wise. and why did u buy the 5.0 when u could of bought the shelby or the boss 302, and i could keep going on but im tired.
+1
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
tylerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
had both same style one 07 v6 and one 06 v8 and the gt gets better gas mileage, more power, alot more fun, better sound, and more attention. both are nice tho just whatever you get the opportunity to get
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Ya my '04 GT gets the same millage as my wife's '05 Grand-Prix!.. And I've got the 93 performance tune in the Mustang!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Here is my 2 cents on this plus tax. Get what you can afford. You may only want to spend a certain amount on this car and maybe a v6 model is where you want to be. Personally, I would of never purchased the v6 model prior to 2011. While those previous sixers were good looking they couldn't get out of there own way they are so slow.

Sure you can mod the heck out of the older V6's to make them respectful but you will drop some serious loot into them and may of been cheaper to just buy the V8 model. Now with that said, back in October 2010 my wife went shopping for a stang or camaro. After test driving both and wanting to throw up from the interior of the canaries (that's another thread) we purchased a 2011 V6 stang. The 11 stang is a pony of a different color from previous years. We looked at the 2010 left over Gt's and I just could not convince myself to spend the 6 grand more for a car reads Gt and maybe goes 2 tenths of second faster in the 1/4 mile and 0 to 60.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

That was test driving Camaro. Damn DROID cell phone. Its not all about speed but I was looking for a pony car that had some power to make you feel like your in a sports car. The older v6's just lack the power to do much except cruise at a constant speed.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #56
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

I think its really what you can afford, I'm working my way through college right now, I had saved up what I could over the last few summers of working to get a mustang, I ended up getting a great deal on a 09 v6, I get all the jokes "shoulda had a v8" but Im happy with that I have, sure I would love more horsepower and a bigger engine, everyone craves more power, but driving 50+ miles a day for classes the v6 does fine (except in the snow)
Dreamweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
2001mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 143
I love them all v6 v8 there amazing cars I have so much mods to my car I payed 2500 for a 2001 mustang v6 it did not have no paint at all no a/c and no clutch left I bought her for the he'll of it I had a 2002 BMW m3 at the time inline 6 . Keep that in mind I bought the stang because I wanted to see what it could do changed every thing in it from suspension to paint lol tell this day I don't regret in buying that car on thanksgiving night my bros best friend came by with a 2006 mustang gt an I gave Him a little lesson in jugging v6s lol
2001mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
dolfin13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 224
Re: Choosing a V6 over a V8

do u have any before and after pics?
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

« Radiator | track »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What mods can get 350+hp? Johnstonb93 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 101 11-06-2017 12:25 PM
How to: 4.2L V6 Mustang Engine Swap Danger Dude Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 85 11-14-2015 08:51 PM
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
v6 vs v8 kickerofdoom Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 15 08-09-2011 03:20 AM
302 5.0 v8 from a 95 f150 into a 95 mustang 3.8 v6 Pascullon Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 07-29-2011 12:06 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.