I had no idea - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had no idea

That ford released a v6 appearance package that added a whole lot of stuff to the car and the the pony package has a GT suspension... Always thought it as purely cosmetic
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPonyBoy
That ford released a v6 appearance package that added a whole lot of stuff to the car and the the pony package has a GT suspension... Always thought it as purely cosmetic
Nope that's why I bought a V6 pp. Over the regular. Though I still wish I would've bought a GT.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Nope that's why I bought a V6 pp. Over the regular. Though I still wish I would've bought a GT.
I didnt really have much say, my dad bought mine haha. But having a 6r def has brought a level of respect for v6's that the v8 ****** bags don't know. And I'm not saying all v8 guys are ******s for the record.
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I didnt really have much say, my dad bought mine haha. But having a 6r def has brought a level of respect for v6's that the v8 ****** bags don't know. And I'm not saying all v8 guys are ******s for the record.
I might of said the same thing two weeks ago when I had my v6 but really doesn't having the v6 make want a v8 so much more? also I get better mileage in my gt.
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb

I might of said the same thing two weeks ago when I had my v6 but really doesn't having the v6 make want a v8 so much more? also I get better mileage in my gt.
Oh yeah I want a gt, but since I had a 6 first I don't think I'll ever talk mess about them, if you catch my drift
Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yeah I want a gt, but since I had a 6 first I don't think I'll ever talk mess about them, if you catch my drift
o I get what you mean I loved my v6 just came across a pretty good deal and had to take it on the gt
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

o I get what you mean I loved my v6 just came across a pretty good deal and had to take it on the gt
Unfortunately me being a teenager and no job I'll take what my dad will get me haha. Plus insurance is through the roof and I have already gotten a ticket so it's even higher
Old 10-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Re: I had no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPonyBoy View Post
I got ya! Yeah the V6 isn't bad. I talk to a lot of people that think that since it's a V6 it's not a real Mustang, or it must be slow. The 05-10 V6 stock is 210hp and the NewEdge stock is 250hp. The newer V6's are almost as powerful as the older V8's.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

but you can mod the hell out of the gt if you have the funds but the v6 is a fun car I loved mine
Old 10-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I got ya! Yeah the V6 isn't bad. I talk to a lot of people that think that since it's a V6 it's not a real Mustang, or it must be slow. The 05-10 V6 stock is 210hp and the NewEdge stock is 250hp. The newer V6's are almost as powerful as the older V8's.
Honestly I probably would get into trouble with a v8 haha but hopefully one day I'll get my dads boss
Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
but you can mod the hell out of the gt if you have the funds but the v6 is a fun car I loved mine
That you can. To be honest if I could get a GT in similar shape and a decent price, I'd buy it. But gotta pay mine off 1st.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote:

Honestly I probably would get into trouble with a v8 haha but hopefully one day I'll get my dads boss
That would be a good route. If this is your 1st car you don't want a V8.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: I had no idea

My first mustang was a 1998 convertible v6 and MAN the memorys I had wrapped up in that car. It started my love for mustangs, it was fast enough to get me in trouble and nice enough that everyone wanted a ride in it with the top down. I have had four other mustangs since then all Gt mustangs, and i have to say I have become very particular about what I get now days ........has to be V8, has to be 5speed, has to be premium packaged with ALL and I mean ALL options! good luck with your 6rs and just remember a big part of what makes a car a mustang are the great friends and great memories that come with just owning it.
bryanbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That you can. To be honest if I could get a GT in similar shape and a decent price, I'd buy it. But gotta pay mine off 1st.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

That would be a good route. If this is your 1st car you don't want a V8.
Well I want but I can't handle haha. Or says my dad

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrock
My first mustang was a 1998 convertible v6 and MAN the memorys I had wrapped up in that car. It started my love for mustangs, it was fast enough to get me in trouble and nice enough that everyone wanted a ride in it with the top down. I have had four other mustangs since then all Gt mustangs, and i have to say I have become very particular about what I get now days ........has to be V8, has to be 5speed, has to be premium packaged with ALL and I mean ALL options! good luck with your 6rs and just remember a big part of what makes a car a mustang are the great friends and great memories that come with just owning it.
I feel ya on that one, everybody loves my car and wants to ride with me haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang