Water inside my car please help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #1

Water inside my car please help!

Here is a puddle on the drivers side of my mustang. Its not from rain, its not a bad heater core because my radiatir is completly full and the puddle is water not antifreeze and its not fluid from my window washer either. I been reading and i think its my vents that are clogged up or something. How do I clean them or what can I do? Any suggestions?
Thanks guys
gonzalez0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I had the same problem at the beginning of the summer. There are these little grommets in your firewall that need to be cleaned periodically. They are probably filled with gunk and weeds.

My fix went something Ike this: raise hood, remove black vent covers just below your wipers. Once they are away you can reach in through the water and clean out the grommets with you finger. Easy fix. Might even change your cabin air filter while you are in there.

Plenty of info sheets around. Do a search. It's an easy fix.
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #3

Ok thanks ill give that a try asap tonorrow. I been looking everywhere but everything pointed to the heater core. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Water inside my car please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBillone View Post
I had the same problem at the beginning of the summer. There are these little grommets in your firewall that need to be cleaned periodically. They are probably filled with gunk and weeds.

My fix went something Ike this: raise hood, remove black vent covers just below your wipers. Once they are away you can reach in through the water and clean out the grommets with you finger. Easy fix. Might even change your cabin air filter while you are in there.

Plenty of info sheets around. Do a search. It's an easy fix.
Ahh haha! Great answer I didn't even know those were down there. That reminds me I need to replace my cabin air-filter.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #5

I cleaned all the vents out and even changed the cabin air filter. Both sides were pretty full of nasty leafs hopefully that fixed the problem
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Good stuff! Glad it worked out.

There have been reports of people having issues with fuses etc with all the wires down there getting soaked and corroded. For me the clean is going to be a yearly thing. Ive got lots of tiny leaves and needles around where I live.
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang