Halos/LEDs won't flash! (Strange issue) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Halos/LEDs won't flash! (Strange issue)

I have a 2006 white mustang v6 premium package and I just recently installed the black raxiom projector headlights with the LEDs and halos and they work perfectly except for one thing. They are wired just like the bumper lights except they are wired into the power line and not the flashed line otherwise they would blink with the turn signal obviously. Anyway, they are wired perfectly but they don't flash with the bumper lights and tail lights when I lock the car. It makes absolutely no sense. I have attached a pic of them working. I would appreciate any help at all because this issue makes no sense to me. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4271746717.png
Views:	158
Size:	782.6 KB
ID:	37173  
MarshallYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #2

Region: North Carolina
Re: Halos/LEDs won't flash! (Strange issue)

When you activate the unlock, the headlamps, parking lamps and rear running lamps illuminate on a time delay. When you lock the doors, it flashes the turn signal circuit only on the front and rear.

The front parking and turn signal lamps are on a dual circuit with dual filament bulbs. One circuit only lights up the dim filament in the bulb as parking lamps when they are on. The other circuit lights up a bright second filament in the same bulb when a turn signal is activated.

You have the halos and LED's wired to the dimmer parking lamp circuit. In order for them to flash they have to be on the turn signal circuit. However if you do that they will not light up with the parking lamps and headlamps. This is a case where you cannot have your cake and eat it too as the halos and LED's do not operate off a dual circuit and cannot be made to do so.
Watchdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdevil
When you activate the unlock, the headlamps, parking lamps and rear running lamps illuminate on a time delay. When you lock the doors, it flashes the turn signal circuit only on the front and rear.

The front parking and turn signal lamps are on a dual circuit with a dual filament bulb. One circuit only lights up the dim filament in the bulb as parking lamps when they are on. The other circuit lights up a bright second filament in the same bulb.

You have the halos and LED's wired to the dimmer parking lamp circuit which operates with the parking lamp curcuit. In order for them to flash they have to be on the turn signal circuit. However if you do that they will not light up with the parking lamps and headlamps. This is a case where you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
I agree with everything you have said but one: my friends 06 gt has the same lights mine do and are wired the exact same way and I know that because we did them together on the same day and his flash the way I want mine to. Is it just a gt thing or?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdevil

The front parking and turn signal lamps are on a dual circuit with dual filament bulbs. One circuit only lights up the dim filament in the bulb as parking lamps when they are on. The other circuit lights up a bright second filament in the same bulb when a turn signal is activated.

You have the halos and LED's wired to the dimmer parking lamp circuit. In order for them to flash they have to be on the turn signal circuit. However if you do that they will not light up with the parking lamps and headlamps. This is a case where you cannot have your cake and eat it too as the halos and LED's do not operate off a dual circuit and cannot be made to do so.
Oh and one more thing: when all your lights come on when you unlock your car, that is DRL (daytime running lights) mine don't do that. My interior lights come one and that's it, so that's another thing I don't agree with haha

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

3rd thing haha: my halos/LEDs light up only with my bumper lights with one turn of the light control switch. They aren't on the wire of the head lamps. That's the wrong way that they weren't designed for.
MarshallYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallYoung View Post
I agree with everything you have said but one: my friends 06 gt has the same lights mine do and are wired the exact same way and I know that because we did them together on the same day and his flash the way I want mine to. Is it just a gt thing or?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing: when all your lights come on when you unlock your car, that is DRL (daytime running lights) mine don't do that. My interior lights come one and that's it, so that's another thing I don't agree with haha

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

3rd thing haha: my halos/LEDs light up only with my bumper lights with one turn of the light control switch. They aren't on the wire of the head lamps. That's the wrong way that they weren't designed for.
I would have to see what your friend did differently or what could possibly be different to make single circuit halos and LED's operate from two different circuits. Something is amiss or information is left out of the equation that could possibly make single circuit halos and LED's operate from two separate circuits. Does he have a factory anti theft system or aftermarket? Anything aftermarket may have different control unit logic for the circuits. Mustang factory circuits are controlled by the SBJ (Smart Junction Box).

When the lights come on when the doors are unlocked that is NOT DRLs operating...

My 08 Mustang Pony Premium does not have DRL's (which means Daytime Running Lamps). Daytime running lamps are standard equipment only on Canadian spec Mustangs and optional on fleet only USA vehicles. They only illuminate when the ignition is turned on and the vehicle is in the daylight with the headlamp switch turned to the off position. No other lights operate with the pair of DRL's.

I have the factory lock/unlock remote and optional factory installed anti-theft security system. During an unlock the factory system illuminates the headlamps, parking lamps, taillamps all side marker lamps, dash lights and dome lights on a time delay. If your car only illuminates the interior lights during unlock then you need to program your Mustang to operate the headlamps/parking lamps on during unlock using the instructions as outlined in the owners manual. Yes that is a controllable function!

This statement makes no sense:
Quote:
That's the wrong way that they weren't designed for.
Your halos and LED's are wired and functioning correctly using the dim parking lamp circuit of the bumper lamps. One turn of the headlamp switch operates them along with the dim circuit of the parking lamps as they should. One final turn of the light switch to illuminate the headlamps makes no difference because parking lamps always remain lit if the headlamps are on.

No matter what, the front parking lamps and turn signals are on separate circuits designed to operate a dual filament bulb and there is no way with the factory remote lock system to make the LED's and Halos flash with the lock function since the flashing is on the same circuit as the turn signal lamps. You have your halos and LED's on the parking lamp circuit.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #5

Parking Lamp and Turn Signal circuit diagram...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Turn Lamp Circuit.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	37907  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang